BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

I've seen veratti many times. I have never seen him stand out.  Harry Winks can pass well backwards and sideways yet people give him nothing but grief. Veratti doesn't play any differently.  Hes not skillful.  He doesn't have a great range of passing.

• Backroom

Was it really necessary to keep cutting to pictures of people in the crowd in tears, along with all of his team mates and presumably his wife? 

Hoping he's alright.

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Disgusting of the BBC to keep the coverage going and not cutting away 

I think all stations worldwide use the same live footage provided by UEFA, but they can obviously cut the broadcast. Mine cut in with some nostalgic Euro goals a few minutes before the players all walked off.

I don't pray, but I'm willing him to recover. Pull through it, Christian.

I remember a sevilla player years ago. He collapsed with a heart attack.  Then got up started walking to the dressing room. But collapsed again in the dressing room. He died in hospital. At least now medical teams are more professional 

Edited by roverandout

Early reports now saying he is alive! Someone from Reuters saw him raise his hand as the stretcher left the field. Another report saying he left the stadium in a stable condition. Great news if true

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Some pictures emerging of him awake and with his hand on his forehead as he's being stretchered off. Fingers crossed they managed to save him. 

Truly relieving. Really, honestly, relieving. He should go and be with his family.

Fantastic work by the medical team. Heroes, all of them. He might not be 100% out of the woods, but this initial news is just fantastic.

4 minutes ago, Meesh said:

Truly relieving. Really, honestly, relieving. He should go and be with his family.

Fantastic work by the medical team. Heroes, all of them. He might not be 100% out of the woods, but this initial news is just fantastic.

Also credit to the referee calling on the medical team so quickly. In a situation like that every second counts

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

The update I didn’t expect but we all needed 

Miraculous 

It really is. Makes you stop and think about things.

A small bonus is that he's in a hospital on home soil. It might seem a little bit strange, but after something like this, I suspect all he wants to do is have some home comforts and feelings.

Hope he recovers - special thoughts to his wife. Horrible for her but at least she was/is with him and not watching on tv in another country.

On a less important note: BBC. Tweet from Muamba = good/relevant.

Tweet from Rashford = 🤬

• Backroom

If anyone volunteers in football the FA Playmaker course is free and covers this exact scenario, well worth a few hours of your time 

• J*B unpinned this topic