BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

37 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

2 high quality teams at Wembley tonight, both in a different class to England

Do you ever give it a rest?

Both of these teams are absolutely there for the taking. 

• Moderation Lead

I’ll be honest, whilst Italy have some good players, the same with Spain, I don’t think they are any better than England. 
At full tilt, we are more than capable of matching them at least…..

• Backroom

It’s at this point that tournament football is impossible to predict, I’d fancy us to beat anyone, I’d also fancy us to lose to anyone!

Denmark turn up tomorrow with less expectation on their backs, they’ll be thinking if they stay organised they could frustrate us

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Gav said:

I’ve seen many European championships over the years, but I can never remember one, where the games have been as good as this tournament.

England v Scotland aside, I’ve loved every game I’ve watched, just great entertainment, plenty of goals, superb stuff. 

Agreed. Mrs and I have never watched more tournament games!

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Italy looked out on their feet at the end and aren't the same attacking force without their ILWB.

Reckon we'll do them. They don't have any forwards. 

they will look tired after 120 minutes of football!!!! and i don`t know how you come up with the idea they have no forwards,immobile and insigna looked like proper centre forwards to me

Tomorrow we have to put up with Ian Wright Roy Keane and the clueless girl plus Sam ratterface and Lee Dixon. Worst station on TV for live football.  I would rather bbc show a major semi final involving England.  

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Tomorrow we have to put up with Ian Wright Roy Keane and the clueless girl plus Sam ratterface and Lee Dixon. Worst station on TV for live football.  I would rather bbc show a major semi final involving England.  

Do what I do and turn the volume on your tv down to 0.

12 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Reckon we'll do them. They don't have any forwards. 

They’ve got 5 (!) players on two goals at this tournament.

Cringe from Ferdinand after the game. Nothing wrong with fancying England, but saying you don’t think either Italy or Spain ‘could compete’ with England is ridiculous. Massive awkward silence after his drivel ended. 

32 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Personally I think Italy will be privately hoping that Denmark win tomorrow.

I think that would be the case regardless of how good or bad England are, given the home advantage scenario.

Spain were a transformed side and it seemed that Olmo and Oyazarbal made a big difference by turning and/or running with the ball, thereby, making productive use of the possession provided by the midfielders. It's a shame it took them so long in this tournament to recognise that passing back and forth is not enough and that sharp touches, movement and direct running with the ball is necessary to break down good teams.

I remain not greatly impressed by Ferran Torres, admittedly, from what little I've seen. He seems to have lost the dribbling ability he had before he came to England. Morata or Moreno, as starters, despite, not being the highest quality, with Olmo and Oyazarbel playing with directness, might have been enough to win them the game in normal time. I think, it's fortunate for Denmark and England that Italy won - because, I feel that Italy might be a less challenging prospect, though, they're a good side, especially, on the counter-attack.

23 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Spain were a transformed side

How did that lSpain lad miss the free header in front of goal? Even Sam Gallagher would have scored it. Spain the better side without a doubt but Italy were resilient. They've had their toughest match of the tournament - they will be worthy winners on Sunday

Well that is one team in the final that the whole of Europe and the World should dread.

Denmark or England's biggest threat will be getting bored to death by the usual Italian's anti-football.

1 minute ago, Banzai said:

Well that is one team in the final that the whole of Europe and the World should dread.

Denmark or England's biggest threat will be getting bored to death by the usual Italian's anti-football.

Italy have been brilliant in my opinion. They deserve to be in the final. Smart team. 

One step at a time for England. Denmark, my surprise package for the tournament (BRFCS passim), are no pushovers. We should do it, but I'm not even thinking of us in the final just yet. Let's sort out Denmark first and foremost. 

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

May I suggest that you use the internet and watch in Danish instead.

6 hours ago, Banzai said:

Have you watched any of their games?

This Italian side is a far cry from previous ones. Mancini has got them playing a very attack-minded brand of football.

10 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

they will look tired after 120 minutes of football!!!! and i don`t know how you come up with the idea they have no forwards,immobile and insigna looked like proper centre forwards to me

Can you have a proper centre forward that's 5'4"?

People seem to be happy that our potential opponent is Italy, I'd rather Spain I think. Italy have far more potential to grind out a result. 

I also worry that too many people are looking at the final and taking their eye off this game. We've still got to win ours first. Hopefully this thinking hasn't got into the England squad and Gareth has them focused on this game. We drew Iceland Iceland and had an eye on the next game and look what happened. 

All said, my prediction since before the Germany game was that we would make the final and lose to Italy.

11 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Thought their midfield was non existent, Spain just walked through them and they couldn't string two passes together. And they looked sluggish, ageing and shaky at the back imo

I reckon winner tonight takes it all.

• J*B unpinned this topic