BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Buckley YouTube Video

6 hours ago, JoeH said:

Cool YouTube video with John Buckley here. Last clip is the best one! But fun all the same for anyone bored.

Despite the annoying presentation - great to see just how good JB is technically.

With more minutes and starts, can see this lad getting better again next year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JoeH said:

Cool YouTube video with John Buckley here. Last clip is the best one! But fun all the same for anyone bored.

The other guy is so useless it makes Bucko look like hes a decent player.  Full of personality that lad...🥺

Seriously,  I have better 15 year olds than Bucko.

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

The other guy is so useless it makes Bucko look like hes a decent player.  Full of personality that lad...🥺

Seriously,  I have better 15 year olds than Bucko.

Do you have a personal vendetta? 😬

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Do you have a personal vendetta? 😬

Nope.  You put it up.  I hadn't commented on him until you did. He's a typical academy product. Had the personality wiped out of him on the pitch and in real life it seems.  

That's standard technique you'd expect of any decent player.

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Nope.  You put it up.  I hadn't commented on him until you did. He's a typical academy product. Had the personality wiped out of him on the pitch and in real life it seems.  

That's standard technique you'd expect of any decent player.

Yes I started a thread about John Buckley but it seems as though whenever his name is mentioned you rubbish his abilities. How has he managed to get to where he is if he's so bad in your opinion?

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

Yes I started a thread about John Buckley but it seems as though whenever his name is mentioned you rubbish his abilities. How has he managed to get to where he is if he's so bad in your opinion?

Anyway Buckos Boy is running at Uttoxeter right now, I've had a nostalgia bet....11/2 he's a chance....

Started well but died in the important stages of the race....sounds familiar .

Edited by Sparks Rover

15 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Oh I do.

Your hatred for Buckley is really strange.

Regardless of what you think he's a decent lower Championship/League 1 player at present, with plenty of time to improve.

You do not have a 15 year old who is currently playing at said level. It's just nonsense. I'm not sure why I'm even debating this....

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Your hatred for Buckley is really strange.

Regardless of what you think he's a decent lower Championship/League 1 player at present, with plenty of time to improve.

You do not have a 15 year old who is currently playing at said level. It's just nonsense. I'm not sure why I'm even debating this....

My view is that his level is no more than National League standard.  I have 15 years olds that are of that standard.  Just my opinion mind.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Buckley should be regular starter next season in whatever formation we play

He has all the talent to become a Good Premier League player

Hell of a shout based on very little. Even the first sentence is a big shout, dont think hes shown that he is ready to be a regular starter.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hell of a shout based on very little. Even the first sentence is a big shout, dont think hes shown that he is ready to be a regular starter.

It's not.  Its just based on my previous post saying I don't think he is very good and is lucky to be a pro in my opinion.

Chaddy has to come back with extreme opposite.  Not sure if it's trolling or not.

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Based on very little? 2 years of being in the first team here. 

Why isnt he ready to be starter here? People were saying the same about Travis just before he came into our first team squad in league 1. Some of us were championing for him to be in the squad for a while before he was. Now one of Rovers key players. 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Based on very little? 2 years of being in the first team here. 

Why isnt he ready to be starter here? People were saying the same about Travis just before he came into our first team squad in league 1. Some of us were championing for him to be in the squad for a while before he was. Now one of Rovers key players. 

2 years of him being around the team but I (and seemingly quite a few others) havent seen enough to suggest that he will play in the Premier League! Or even that he should be a regular. He hasnt shown enough yet to warrant that guarantee.

Thats not logical to just say, well Travis didnt look ready straight away, as if that will be replicated every time with others who initially struggle. He had a couple of games in League 1, not 2 seasons worth of games to impress in like Buckley. If he performs when he gets a chance next season, then by all means let him keep his place or try to. But no guarantees that he must be a starter, ive seen nothing to warrant such a statement yet. 

• Like 2

He is the sort of player, that could knuckle down and make a decent pro.

Over the years, we have seen plenty of this sort of thing, our record goal scorer being one. Garner was almost sold, but he turned the move down, opting to stay and prove the doubters wrong. The rest is history.

i wonder if Newcastle now regret letting Armstrong go? At least they had the sense, to insert a sell on clause, just in case their experts got it wrong, by selling him, for what now appears to be chicken feed. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

2 years of him being around the team but I (and seemingly quite a few others) havent seen enough to suggest that he will play in the Premier League! Or even that he should be a regular. He hasnt shown enough yet to warrant that guarantee.

I would be playing regular from now on and in centre midfield/number 10 role. Hes 21 years old. Now is the time to build the midfield around him and Travis. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would be playing regular from now on and in centre midfield/number 10 role. Hes 21 years old. Now is the time to build the midfield around him and Travis. 

I have my doubts, but it does feel like if they keep him around, which they are, now is the time to back him and start him. I would go Johnson ,Travis and Buckley 

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

How many 21 year old midfielders that have about 5 starts in professional football have an entire team built around them.? 

More tosh from you.

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

about 5 starts in professional football

John Buckley featured in 45 out of 46 Championship match day squads last season. He played 1000 minutes of League Football. 

He got another 602 minutes in the league in 2019/20.

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I have my doubts, but it does feel like if they keep him around, which they are, now is the time to back him and start him. I would go Johnson ,Travis and Buckley 

I don't get why it has to be as clear cut as that, I think he is ok as he is as a squad player, and ultimately when he gets a chance next, he needs to do more to retain his space. I dont think we have to say, right, hes a regular from here on in, he hasnt earnt it.

That midfield is very underwhelming with Buckley a downgrade on an inconsistent Rothwell. Factor in the assumption that Armstrong will not be sufficiently replaced, and with Elliott and Harwood Bellis leaving, you would expect all 3 areas of the team ahead of Kaminski to be weaker with the same manager. Very depressing isnt it.

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

John Buckley featured in 45 out of 46 Championship match day squads last season. He played 1000 minutes of League Football. 

He got another 602 minutes in the league in 2019/20.

And very much has yet to warrant a regular guaranteed place in our midfield. Obviously Sparks Rovers' agenda aside.

• Like 2