BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

James Beattie Podcast

Hi all. I had the tremendous honour of recording with James Beattie recently. It was actually the day after news broke of the European Super League, which actually seems a lifetime ago.

Obviously you all know James so I don't need to say much but it's a cracking listen, he's a really top bloke.

For those of you who went to QEGS it'll be particularly interesting.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, AndyW said:

Hi all. I had the tremendous honour of recording with James Beattie recently. It was actually the day after news broke of the European Super League, which actually seems a lifetime ago.

Obviously you all know James so I don't need to say much but it's a cracking listen, he's a really top bloke.

For those of you who went to QEGS it'll be particularly interesting.

I enjoyed watching this.  I was at QEGS with James and he had a steel about him.  He never backed down.  Rovers fucked up selling him

btw... Grenville suck... Hawkins all the way

• Like 1

You would think he would remember who gave him his Rovers debut 😂

It was Harford not Hodgson, still it was a decent listen/watch.

A shame he never came back to Ewood I remember him being linked when he went to Stoke but doesn't appear it was close according to him.

Interesting that it took a few years for Beattie to fulfil the promise he showed at youth level. Whilst he was playing at a higher level than Brereton (Copa America aside 😂), he only really started scoring regularly once he turned 23, so still time for Brereton to become a regular goal scorer.

Beattie's record:

98/99  (Aged 20/21) – 39 appearances 6 goals
99/00 (Aged 21/22) – 21 appearances 0 goals
00/01 (Aged 22/23) – 42 appearances 12 goals
01/02 (Aged 23/24) – 31 appearances 14 goals
02/03 (Aged 24/45) – 49 appearances 24 goals
03/04 (Aged 25/26) – 45 appearances 17 goals