BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fan-Led Review of Football Ownership

Thanks John. It is worth mentioning that Tracey Crouch was extremely quick to respond to us (twice in fact) in what must have been a very busy week for her. So politics aside she deserves credit for that.

We now have that important connection into the Review.

• Like 6

That is a first class resume of what has happened to us and also it embodies what the Rovers means to the fans, the community and the well being of the town. It is also impressive of the response from Tracy Crouch.
I wonder what Kate Hollern’s response to this is? Does she care? Let’s hear from her. Over to you Kate. 
I have already written to Tracy Crouch to ask her to get a response from Kate Hollern. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ianrally said:

wonder what Kate Hollern’s response to this is? Does she care? Let’s hear from her. Over to you Kate. 
I have already written to Tracy Crouch to ask her to get a response from Kate Hollern. 

is Kate Hollern interested in Blackburn Rovers at all? Is she even interested in football or Rovers fan? maybe @jim mk2might know?

29 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Doesn't matter if she's actually interested or not. She's the local MP and what's of interest to a significant number of her constituents should be of interest to her.

Of course it matters if she is interested in Rovers or football. Her views on it matters to us but she will get re-elected for Blackburn area regards of her stance on it. 

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

is Kate Hollern interested in Blackburn Rovers at all? Is she even interested in football or Rovers fan? maybe @jim mk2might know?

On the last but one election night, when a well known poster stood, basically on a Venky's Out mandate, I heard Kate muttering the words "badly advised"....That was enough for me!

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Of course it matters if she is interested in Rovers or football. Her views on it matters to us but she will get re-elected for Blackburn area regards of her stance on it. 

MPs are not elected because e of their interest or otherwise in football but they should take up local issues. And we are one.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

See my post was deleted, however I’ll re-post the salient bit. Our fanbase is well spread across a fair few constituencies these days, so it isn’t just Hollern that needs engaging.

Totally agree Mattyblue. And I'm reliably informed that it was the MPs of the peripheral constituencies that have provided the most support to the Trust in the past. We will engage with all of them.

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

On the last but one election night, when a well known poster stood, basically on a Venky's Out mandate, I heard Kate muttering the words "badly advised"....That was enough for me!

She also failed to follow through on any of her promises or assurances made on and around that night and blocked me on Twitter!

• Like 1

A Contributor asked for a Pasha address....we sent c/o Ewood park -but we have to flush him out!

The Trust got a pretty quick and very, very positive response from Tracey.

I am in transit at the moment...will get one of my colleagues to post it very soon.

Waiting for 6pm announcement on Covid Release to sort out yet another revised date for Trust AGM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Any idea why she used some words?

59 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

And I'm reliably informed that it was the MPs of the peripheral constituencies that have provided the most support to the Trust in the past. We will engage with all of them.

would three of those MP's be Former Hyndburn MP Graham Jones, Rossendale and Darwen MP Jake Berry and Westmorland and Lonsdale MP Tim Farron?

17 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

She also failed to follow through on any of her promises or assurances made on and around that night and blocked me on Twitter!

Not very good response from Blackburn MP is it? 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

would three of those MP's be Former Hyndburn MP Graham Jones, Rossendale and Darwen MP Jake Berry and Westmorland and Lonsdale MP Tim Farron?

Yes. Graham was particularly helpful but of course isn't an MP any longer.

3 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Yes. Graham was particularly helpful but of course isn't an MP any longer.

No He isn't. Sara Britcliffe beat him and so far she has done a good job for her constituents for her. 

But there is no reason why Graham Jones still couldn't be helping the Trust with his political experience and knowledge he has gained.  

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

No He isn't. Sara Britcliffe beat him and so far she has done a good job for her constituents for her. 

But there is no reason why Graham Jones still couldn't be helping the Trust with his political experience and knowledge he has gained.  

We are in touch with him Chaddy

• Like 2

When listening to anything any politician has to say, always better to abide by the motto "How do you know when a politician is lying?

"Their lips are moving".

Good letter this time from the Trust, shame they were so conspicuous by their absence in taking a Public stance on the proposed sale of Brockhall considering how keen they are meant to be to secure and preserve the assets of the Club.

What was that about politicians again?

Agreed Meesh. We miss Graham Jones....I will be inviting him to Trust AGM when we can fix a date. Tim Farron has been very pro-active as well and I have been in contact with Straw family. But the luckiest man in Politics(Nigel Evans) and Corbyn's PPA(Kate Hollern) have been silent and uninterested.

57 minutes ago, Meesh said:

I contacted Nigel Evans a few months ago regarding Brockhall. I received no response at all.

No need to big up MPs just because they are Tories, nor belittle MPs just because they are Labour. It's obvious what you are doing, but that belongs on the other side of this message board, and the above just proves that MPs from any party can be as careful or careless as each other.

Very well said.

42 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

When listening to anything any politician has to say, always better to abide by the motto "How do you know when a politician is lying?

"Their lips are moving".

Good letter this time from the Trust, shame they were so conspicuous by their absence in taking a Public stance on the proposed sale of Brockhall considering how keen they are meant to be to secure and preserve the assets of the Club.

What was that about politicians again?

The Trust released this statement within 24 hours of the news being leaked, seeking answers from the club.

https://www.roverstrust.com/2021/02/20/press-release-200221-clubs-proposal-sell-land-brockhall-housing-developers/

The tone was one of push back. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Ozz said:

The Trust released this statement within 24 hours of the news being leaked, seeking answers from the club.

https://www.roverstrust.com/2021/02/20/press-release-200221-clubs-proposal-sell-land-brockhall-housing-developers/

The tone was one of push back. 

Added to which, the Trust immediately offered its aid to the Brockhall residents too.

Talked AND walked.

• Like 2

I thought I posted a response on this topic an hour or so ago but I must have forgotten to send it. So, since we are talking about different politicians and their approach to football club ownership, I though it relevant to point out that Labour went to the last election supporting the 50+1 system which gives fans the final say on how their club is run. As far as I know Labour still supports that policy. The Tories do not and have raised the issue of private property as their reason.

We'll see what the inquiry concludes, let's hope its quick.

• Like 1