BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City Fan

Hi Folks

Can you tell me if it is possible to get the first train back to Blackburn from Mill Hill after the game or is it a bit of a scrum? 

We need to get back to Preston ASAP after the game and was toying with the idea of a taxi? 

Cheers  

I get the train to Preston after our home matches. The train is not too crowded. the problem is its a good 30 minute walk to Mill Hill station, and the train is not a fast one. If you are tight for time I would get a taxi, but arrange it to pick you up outside of the area around the ground that gets shut off to traffic after the game. Somewhere on Livesey Branch Road would be best.

Edited by rigger

Yeah cheers was making thinking about having a quick drink in the The Fernhurst after the game letting it die down for 20 minutes and then Ubering it straight to Preston Station any ideas on taxi prices and how long it would take to get to Preston in a taxi?

5 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Yeah cheers was making thinking about having a quick drink in the The Fernhurst after the game letting it die down for 20 minutes and then Ubering it straight to Preston Station any ideas on taxi prices and how long it would take to get to Preston in a taxi?

I can't say for certain, but I would guess at £20 and 40 Mins. I think the Fernhurst is inside the closed off area, so that maybe a problem. 

13 minutes ago, 1983 said:

What time is your train from Preston ?

13 minutes ago, 1983 said:

We are looking at getting the 18:29 train back to Wigan from Preston, price of the taxi is not really a problem as there are 4 of us.

It would probably be easier getting a taxi from Blackburn to Wigan. Probably about £50 and 1 hour

Edited by rigger

The closed off area means that you might want to walk up the hill towards the motorway or up Livesey Branch Rd towards the Brown Cow to get your taxi to Preston. I go the other way so not sure where the divide is. Golden Cup pub might be your best shot for a drink?

Love the drive to Swansea. A fun little blast over the Beacons and the Neath Valley, dinner in The George, ice creams in Joe's and a leisurely crawl back. Perfect.

Edited by Riverside under the drip