BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

AFC Fylde vs Rovers (Pre-Season 21/22)

They might a non-league opposition, but I couldn't be more excited for this one. First game with fans for Rovers since the whole thing began. Sold out the allocation within 48 hours which is ace! Thought it was apt we have a proper match thread.

Seemingly we'll be playing in a kit that won't be sold to fans, but they will be doing a prize draw for season ticket holders to win the signed, match worn strips.

Negative COVID tests needed, but normality is on the way!

Couldn't be less interested or motivated if I tried. 

Reckon this is the first time I'll be missing a first team friendly since 2010 and the worst part is its my choice to do so.

A sign of things to come perhaps.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Couldn't be less interested or motivated if I tried. 

Reckon this is the first time I'll be missing a first team friendly since 2010 and the worst part is its my choice to do so.

A sign of things to come perhaps.

This.

Mowbray is still here and it's a friendly with Fylde. Not sure I could be less interested either.

Can't wait for this .ok it's only a friendly but i always go to the friendly's regardless ...I am going to make a day of it by meeting up with family member's for the nearly back to normal pre match routine ,having a good chat ,catching up and a nice meal...My wife is having a long walk on the coast with our Dog and after the match i pick her up and then off for tea at our favourite pub in Garstang it's a win win for me..There is nothing i can do to change the fact that the Coventrio are still here but i can at least give Mowbray some stick if he is within earshot ...

• Like 3

I just went on Rovers.co.uk and clicked on 'Important information ahead of AFC Fylde v Rovers' and got the message 'page not available'.

The AFC Fylde site, however, is excellent and has full details of how and where to get a pre match Covid test.  Apparently, there was a special test centre set up at Ewood today for fans wanting to go to the match ( according to the Fylde website ). 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I presume it will be 2 teams full of kids with basically no senior experience left.

Why and how? Here is an examples

First half team

Kaminski 

Pike Ayala Carter Pickering 

Travis Johnson

JRC        Buckley     Chapman 

Armstrong 

Second half team 

Pears

Nyambe Lenihan Maglorie Cirino

Dolan Davenport Garrant Rothwell       

McBride Gallagher 

Hardly 2 teams of kids is it? 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

First half team

Kaminski 

Travis Johnson

Armstrong 

Second half team 

Pears

McBride Gallagher 

I would have the starting team, with as many of the season starters that are available. And I would be playing in the formation that we are going to use this season, whatever that may be.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

First half team

Kaminski 

Travis Johnson

Armstrong 

Second half team 

Pears

McBride Gallagher 

Rankin Costello isn't back in full training and @JoeH said that Gallagher and Dolan have knocks, so take them 3 out.

Elsewhere, Cirino, Pike, Garrant (who?) and McBride have never kicked a senior ball. The likes of Chapman, Pickering, Davenport, Buckley etc have yet to fully prove themselves at this level so I stand by my initial statement.

So much for making an early start in the transfer market as reported in April! Our squad is a shell devoid of any real quality and experience when you put it down like that.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

First half team

Kaminski 

Travis Johnson

Armstrong 

Second half team 

Pears

McBride Gallagher 

2 league one sides right there.  Shit the bed, we are buggered 

1 hour ago, Crimpshrine said:

I just went on Rovers.co.uk and clicked on 'Important information ahead of AFC Fylde v Rovers' and got the message 'page not available'.

The AFC Fylde site, however, is excellent and has full details of how and where to get a pre match Covid test.  Apparently, there was a special test centre set up at Ewood today for fans wanting to go to the match ( according to the Fylde website ). 

Wouldn't say its a special test centre at Ewood as its been there for months but all the same got the test along with the NHS result after buying a ticket this morning from AFC Fylde. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Rankin Costello isn't back in full training and @JoeH said that Gallagher and Dolan have knocks, so take them 3 out.

clearly you didn't my point of it being an example of starting 11 we could pick. 

The likes of Chapman, Pickering, Dave I stand by my initial statement.

What your point here please? cos it makes zero sense. 

Just for the record, Pickering has played 146 games Crewe. Hardly inexperience. 

Elsewhere, Cirino, Pike, Garrant (who?) and McBride have never kicked a senior ball.

and won't do unless you give them opportunity to be part of the first team squad this season. 

Garrant (who?)

This is where your lack of knowledge of our under 23/18 teams comes in and the fact you don't watch them like some of us do. 

He signed a new long term contract here this June 2021 j

Jake Garrett excited by Blackburn Rovers future after new deal | Lancashire Telegraph

So much for making an early start in the transfer market as reported in April! Our squad is a shell devoid of any real quality and experience when you put it down like that.

Well with the EFL imposing restrictions on clubs unless they could verified the accounts, also is the really a number of players you really this we have miss out on. If there is, please can you list them and the entire forum can see them? thankyou in advanced for doing this. 

Like I said before we only need 4 or 5 signings for me currently. But its depends on whether Armstrong is sold and who we target as his replacement. But this is something that should be discuss in the correct thread on the forum

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Second half team 

Pears

McBride Gallagher 

Just picking names, you have no idea how good they are.  Lennie, never a pro in a million years never mind championship 🙄

You make this connection of doing OK in U23s means you should automatically be a professional in the championship. 

Can I draw your attention to Accringtons kids beating City's 6-1 to win the league.........🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

clearly you didn't my point of it being an example of starting 11 we could pick. 

What your point here please? cos it makes zero sense. 

Just for the record, Pickering has played 146 games Crewe. Hardly inexperience. 

and won't do unless you give them opportunity to be part of the first team squad this season. 

This is where your lack of knowledge of our under 23/18 teams comes in and the fact you don't watch them like some of us do. 

He signed a new long term contract here this June 2021 j

Jake Garrett excited by Blackburn Rovers future after new deal | Lancashire Telegraph

Well with the EFL imposing restrictions on clubs unless they could verified the accounts, also is the really a number of players you really this we have miss out on. If there is, please can you list them and the entire forum can see them? thankyou in advanced for doing this. 

Like I said before we only need 4 or 5 signings for me currently. But its depends on whether Armstrong is sold and who we target as his replacement. But this is something that should be discuss in the correct thread on the forum

I will address the main points regarding the current make up of our squad in the transfer thread, tomorrow's game is neither here nor there, a fitness exercise against a non league side with no importance on it, so in regards to tomorrow, no worries there. 

If you disagree and are happy to put your eggs all in the basket of the majority if not all of a clutch of youngsters all breaking through and excelling simultaneously, fair play, I think that is so risky.

I am sure that you watch the under 23's every week to be able to be so patronising, either way thats beside the point that I was making, that the squad as it stands going into pre season is devoid of much quality, any depth and crucially much if any experience.

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I presume it will be 2 teams full of kids with basically no senior experience left.

Expecting Armstrong, Chapman and Butterworth front 3 apparently, but who knows. Could be two XI’s, one for each half