BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

AFC Fylde vs Rovers (Pre-Season 21/22)

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If you disagree and are happy to put your eggs all in the basket of the majority if not all of a clutch of youngsters all breaking through and excelling simultaneously, fair play, I think that is so risky.

I am sure that you watch the under 23's every week to be able to be so patronising, either way thats beside the point that I was making, that the squad as it stands going into pre season is devoid of much quality, any depth and crucially much if any experience.

I am happy to take a risk on a couple of our youngsters like Carter, Pike, McBride to be part of the 1st team squad  

I used to watch a lot of home 23's games before this pandemic hit the country. I will go back to watching them when allow to. 

The squad has plenty of experience with the likes of Kaminski, Armstrong, Lenihan, Ayala, Johnson. Even the likes of Travis, Nyambe, Pickering, Rothwell, Gallagher, Brereton have over 100 appearances at club football so hardly inexperienced are they? Scott Wharton has 90 appearances at club level. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am happy to take a risk on a couple of our youngsters like Carter, Pike, McBride to be part of the 1st team squad  

I used to watch a lot of home 23's games before this pandemic hit the country. I will go back to watching them when allow to. 

The squad has plenty of experience with the likes of Kaminski, Armstrong, Lenihan, Ayala, Johnson. Even the likes of Travis, Nyambe, Pickering, Rothwell, Gallagher, Brereton have over 100 appearances at club football so hardly inexperienced are they? Scott Wharton has 90 appearances at club level. 

We may have different views and standards on how much experience we need, how much reliance we can place on our untested youngsters, how high this current crop of players managed by Mowbray can realistically finish and how many recruits we need. But im sure we will both agree that the club needs to pull its finger out and get players in as soon as possible.

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

how much reliance we can place on our untested youngsters, 

You are asking them to be part of the first team squad but I expecting JRC or Dolan to be regular in the starting 11 by end of the season. But nothing wrong giving Pike, Vale, Carter places in the squad and use them when need. 

I am always excited for the new season to begin. I am also excited to see the young ‘uns play. 

I’m not playing the “Mowbray out” card until we get into meaningful games, & it becomes apparent he has no more fresh ideas this season than last. Until then, I will be happy to cheer on the team, and I can’t wait to get the season started.

COYB! 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I am always excited for the new season to begin. I am also excited to see the young ‘uns play. 

I’m not playing the “Mowbray out” card until we get into meaningful games, & it becomes apparent he has no more fresh ideas this season than last. Until then, I will be happy to cheer on the team, and I can’t wait to get the season started.

COYB! 

No offence, but why does he get a clean slate and a free pass from you this season?

It's not like last season (and Brockhall) never happened is it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Rovers kit is interesting today. When I say interesting I mean shit, and not a Blackburn Rovers kit……

You could just about put up with the new  kits not being ready to be put on general sale by the opening game but for there not to be at least a set available for the first team is an absolute joke.

Wonder if there's any other Club in the football League in that embarrassing position.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No offence, but why does he get a clean slate and a free pass from you this season?

Agree. Its the equivalent of expecting a shit office boss to turn it around after 2 weeks annual leave. 

He's shown us what he's capable of, not a lot. 

19 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Probably the same reason why you’ve been giving Venkys a free pass since they walked through door all those years ago Rev.

it’s not like the last 10 seasons (Kean, Coyle, Berg high court, Agnew, shaw, Singh, brockhall £140m debt et al) never happened is it?

Edited by Gav

18 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Nothing has changed; I just don’t want to get all worked up until the games actually count. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Gav said:

Probably the same reason why you’ve been giving Venkys a free pass since they walked through door all those years ago Rev.

it’s not like the last 10 seasons (Kean, Coyle, Berg high court, Agnew, shaw, Singh, brockhall £140m debt et al) never happened is it?

Thought someone would fire back with that.

The situation with the owners and and the Coventrio is somewhat different. Until such time as someone with massive pockets is prepared to take on the huge financial burden that is currently Blackburn Rovers, or we get promoted, we don't have much alternative.

Mowbray, Waggott and Venus could be gone in an instant if the owners decided that was what they wanted.

Anyhow hope you enjoy your day in Fleetwood and that the 90 mins watching the team in the Bolton/Preston kit doesn't detract from that too much!

27 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You could just about put up with the new  kits not being ready to be put on general sale by the opening game but for there not to be at least a set available for the first team is an absolute joke.

Wonder if there's any other Club in the football League in that embarrassing position.

Sheffield Wednesday, who also announced a deal with Macron, are using temporary kits too.