BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

AFC Fylde vs Rovers (Pre-Season 21/22)

On 14/07/2021 at 11:38, m1st said:

Yeah; apparently due to various "operational and internal problems, Rovers are unable to fulfil this fixture."

What IS going on at this once-Great Club Of Ours? "Do they not want any support?", asks the man who was going to the Geordie Shore to tick another ground where I've seen a Rovers team play. Yes, I know; sad, isn't it?

Just as well as it was part of a 'Friends and football' weekend in the North East. At least I've still got me mates to see on the Sunday and Monday.

I listened to Rovers Chat yesterday, and there were several alarming things:

1) Armstrong transfer. I never thought we’d keep him, but apparently, teams know Rovers can be had on the price;  

2) Rovers new head of recruitment is another of Tony’s old mates. Not surprised by this, either. Anger is a better word for my feelings;

3) speculation on the incoming transfer embargo. IMO, Owners gave Tony everything he wanted last year, and he managed to finish 15th. Owners losses are in excess of £180 mil (I was surprised it isn’t more), they are shutting the club down. 

On the club site, 20 players are listed on the first team. But two of those, Dacky & JR-C are rehabbing. If we can’t add better talent to the club, with this manager who all but promised top-6 last season, League 1 beckons.

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 7

On 14/07/2021 at 18:04, arbitro said:

How vague is that - 'operational and internal problems'.

What on earth has happened to our club, famed for its off field management and the envy of many clubs, often bigger than us. And then a game is called off for that reason with no explanation. It's just another insult to us. I'm getting to the point where Conference football would be acceptable to me to clear the decks of the bastards who own and run our club.

“ ruin our club “ would fit better.

On 14/07/2021 at 18:04, arbitro said:

What on earth has happened to our club, famed for its off field management and the envy of many clubs, often bigger than us. And then a game is called off for that reason with no explanation. It's just another insult to us. I'm getting to the point where Conference football would be acceptable to me to clear the decks of the bastards who own and run our club.

I would take that. They are sucking all the joy out of Rovers one step at.a time. It's death by a thousand cuts at Ewood. 

• Like 4

On 15/07/2021 at 01:04, arbitro said:

It could be the rebirth of the club. Blackpool and Bolton fans have shown that their is life after a mess of ownership. 

• Like 1