BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Park head of recruitment

Whoever would have guessed it. We have been looking for a head of recruitment for months and lo and behold when we appoint one he just happens to be an old mate of Mowbray's. The man is untouchable and his power at the club appears to be unlimited.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Another Mowbray led appointment judging by his background.

Nothing has changed, has it?

Who would you have wanted to appoint a Chief Scout if not Mowbray?

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

Who would you have wanted to appoint a Chief Scout if not Mowbray?

The Club. Owners/board. He's Head of Recruitment and should be here independently of the manager/head coach. 

What happens when, hopefully soon, the manager departs?

The Club needs an overarching strategy bigger than the current manager.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The Club. Owners/board. He's Head of Recruitment and should be here independently of the manager/head coach. 

What happens when, hopefully soon, the manager departs?

The Club needs an overarching strategy bigger than the current manager.

You're not being serious JH surely?

Mark Hughes likes to work with Head of Recruitment/Scout Kevin Cruickshank, he brought him here, to QPR and to Stoke from memory, its nothing strange this, in fact its very much the norm in football.

Edited by Gav

• chaddyrovers changed the title to John Park Director of Football
3 minutes ago, Gav said:

You're not being serious JH surely?

Mark Hughes likes to work with Head of Recruitment/Scout Kevin Cruickshank, he brought him here, to QPR and to Stoke from memory, its nothing strange this, in fact its very much the norm in football.

Probably not as concerning if the manager in question is actually doing a good job. Which the current one isn't.

But when Hughes did that it was 15 years ago. Times have changed and rarely are managers given such power and freedom nowadays.

There's an old saying in football that no man is bigger than the Club. I don't think that applies here. I think Mowbray is bigger than the Club now.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Came on here to write the exact same sentence.

Disgrace.

Just seen Rich tweet he's worked for Mowbray twice. 

Euros finishing I should be buzzing for the new season, but far from it. 

Absolute farce from top to bottom at this club

• Like 4

I'd normally be happy and encouraged with the appointment of a Director of Football.

By its very description a Director of Football should sit at the top of the football structure, be accountable to the owners or board, and have the ability to make changes to playing and coaching staff.

I suspect there's zero prospect of this mon ever looking to get rid of Mowbray and even less chance of the owners taking his advice before Mowbray's.

For that reason alone this is a sham. 

Appointed on Mowbray's say so and unable to do the job as it should be done makes it rather pointless other than to con people into believing things are happening and to bolster Mowbray's position.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Probably not as concerning if the manager in question is actually doing a good job. Which the current one isn't.

But when Hughes did that it was 15 years ago. Times have changed and rarely are managers given such power and freedom nowadays.

There's an old saying in football that no man is bigger than the Club. I don't think that applies here. I think Mowbray is bigger than the Club now.

I think posters have plenty to have a go at the manager about JH, this appointment certainly isn't one of them in my opinion.

• Like 1

I’m not having a go at TM for it, good for him, what football manager wouldn’t want to have a say in the appointment of his Director of Football and CEO?

It’s ‘the club’ (whatever that is these days) itself that is allowing such conflicts of interest to take root, it’s not healthy and it’s why we end up with managers carrying on in post long after it’s gone stale. But when you have an organisation as hollowed out as this one, it’s no surprise.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6