BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Park head of recruitment

Out of work for 4 years after a career spent solely in Scotland.

Ex Hibs and Celtic .... during Mowbrays quite amazing disaster there.

What exactly are his qualifications for being a Director of Football?* apart from obviously now being in the Coventrio run Ewood Mafia.

The Club is shit rotten from top to bottom.

* don't bother me with Scotland kids

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 9

45 minutes ago, arbitro said:

For me it's a case of Mowbray strengthening his position even more. He brought in Venus, Waggott and now Park, all of whom he has worked with before. They are probably three of the four most powerful men at Rovers. It adds to the rotten stench emanating from Ewood and only a clear out will sanitise the place.

Yep. And it simply ain't happening unless the rats in Pune scuttle off. Which again, looks like it ain't happening.

I have zero enthusiasm for this season. I really do mean zero. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

I think it’s fair enough for people to express their concerns regarding the appointment of Park and his connection to Mowbray. However, if the guy is as good at his job as reports say, then surely this is a positive move forward by the club.The main issue will be if he is allowed to carry out his job without interference from “the management”. We can only hope Tony has more important things to think about instead, like where to sit and still be able to have a snooze without being disturbed when supporters are allowed back.

Edited by Riversider28

6 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

I think it’s fair enough for people to express their concerns regarding the appointment of Park and his connection to Mowbray. However, if the guy is as good at his job as reports say, then surely this is a positive move forward by the club.The main issue will be if he is allowed to carry out his job without interference from “the management”. We can only hope Tony has more important things to think about instead, like where to sit and still be able to have a snooze without being disturbed when supporters are allowed back.

What reports?

That's a joke - right?

Just now, Miller11 said:

So the rumblings of disagreements on players between Mowbray and the the recruitment team should be a thing of the past…

Less Harwood-Bellises and More Ayalas to look forward to.

At least now we are in the market for Celtic hasbeens, neverweres,aged and infirm and not so reliant on the Boro OAPs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Lancs live has an interesting article on him. TBH I have no idea whether he is good at his job or not - and for me that is the key rather than the fact that he once worked with TM at Celtic.

Twice worked with him. He also worked with him at Hibs.

• chaddyrovers changed the title to John Park head of recruitment
46 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

What exactly are his qualifications for being a Director of Football?* apart from obviously now being in the Coventrio run Ewood Mafia.

I suppose "The Coventrio" are effectively now the "Coventry Quartet" and need to be renamed as such.

It beggars belief after the disaster that has been Mowbray inspired appointment Waggott's tenure at Ewood thus far.

• Like 3

It appears that John Park will be head of recruitment and not director of football at the club. I don't know whether he will be involved in transfers negotiations but we will see in the future. 

Now going forward it important that Park find the right players for the going forward for the club. I wonder if he has any suggestions for a replacement for Adam Armstrong. 

He has worked in Europe and Scotland so hopefully will have a good range of European contacts. 

I am concern that Mowbray has been involved in selecting process? well no I am as he is the manager here. McCarthy at Cardiff has brought in his own chief scout there in Dave Bowman who has worked with several times before there. Ipswich Town: Dave Bowman joins McCarthy at Cardiff City | East Anglian Daily Times (eadt.co.uk). So @JHRoverwould you have voiced your concerns if McCarthy was here as manager and he brought in Bowman as head of recruitment? 

16 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Still doesn't make any difference  - is the guy any good at his job - he had some stellar "finds" on his CV. Does he have a good overall hit rate for unearthing talent - is he any good ?

Did someone say he's been out of work for the last 4 years?

That would suggest not.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

It appears that John Park will be head of recruitment and not director of football at the club. I don't know whether he will be involved in transfers negotiations but we will see in the future. 

I know the idea of a director of football is in vogue at the minute, but nobody in England seems to know exactly what they are and what to do with them. Head of recruitment I think is just a fancy title, the 2021 version of chief scout.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Did someone say he's been out of work for the last 4 years?

That would suggest not.

He left Celtic in 2016 and he doesn't appear to have worked for another club (at least that I can find) until January this year when he started working for Legia Warsaw.

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Now going forward it important that Park find the right players for the going forward for the club. I wonder if he has any suggestions for a replacement for Adam Armstrong. 

He has worked in Europe and Scotland so hopefully will have a good range of European contacts. 

I am concern that Mowbray has been involved in selecting process? well no I am as he is the manager here. McCarthy at Cardiff has brought in his own chief scout there in Dave Bowman who has worked with several times before there. Ipswich Town: Dave Bowman joins McCarthy at Cardiff City | East Anglian Daily Times (eadt.co.uk). So @JHRoverwould you have voiced your concerns if McCarthy was here as manager and he brought in Bowman as head of recruitment? 

The issue is not that the manager has had a hand in selecting the head of recruitment. The issue is who the manager is, and indeed how allowing him to help to surround himself with familiar faces suggests that the job is his for a long time and only strengthens his grip on the job.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

McCarthy is at Cardiff because they sacked Harris after a dreadful run. They will also sack McCarthy should they struggle or go on a dreadful run.

That's why there's no point comparing us to other clubs.

Mowbray is unsackable and has been able to appoint his mates as CEO, assistant manager/head of football and now head of recruitment.

You know it is outrageous. I wish you'd just admit it.

• Like 2

I assume that this is the article/report being mentioned above. He does seem to come with a good CV, however I don't think anyone can blame us for being more than a little skeptical about his previous connection to Mowbray given what's been going on over the last few years.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-park-appointment-celtic-21060276

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 2

I don’t blame anyone for their skepticism. It’s understandable. This guy has some impressive players to his name, but at Celtic, there’s a bigger budget and a bigger draw (with European football here and there) too. 

Let’s see if a trusted DoF/HoR by the owners and the manager will get some financial backing. 

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I took the info from Transfrmkt - he's been in Poland for 6 months this year with Legia Warsaw

Isnt that where Douglas just went? If he brought him there, we're doomed.

Edit: Checked, different Polish club.

Edited by JacknOry

9 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I don’t blame anyone for their skepticism. It’s understandable. This guy has some impressive players to his name, but at Celtic, there’s a bigger budget and a bigger draw (with European football here and there) too. 

Let’s see if a trusted DoF/HoR by the owners and the manager will get some financial backing. 

First job for him will be making sure the Armstrong transfer goes through as close as possible  to 10.59 pm on transfer day, then doing his charitable bit for the give a ex North East player a chance foundation by  dragging in any cast offs who have still not found a club

Edited by perthblue02

28 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I suppose "The Coventrio" are effectively now the "Coventry Quartet" and need to be renamed as such.

It beggars belief after the disaster that has been Mowbray inspired appointment Waggott's tenure at Ewood thus far.

I'm very very close to just giving up on Rovers, maybe check in occasionally to see if Vs have gone when all the other crap will to.

Problem I've got is I really do not expect that to happen in whatever years I've got left. Bit pissed off after 60++ years a Rover.

• Like 6