BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Park head of recruitment

• Backroom
32 minutes ago, Mike E said:

.... Mowbray said that we fans 'need to understand that Shearer and Sutton aren't here any more'.

I suppose factually he was correct Mike. They definitely aren't here anymore. 

So it wasn't a lie....more an extremely twatty thing to say.

And there's been many of them.

Can't wait to see what gems we get this season. 🙄

• Like 2

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

Mowbrays penchant for picking the low hanging fruit has been evident throughout his tenure. Players he has worked with before, players from previous clubs, an assistant manager he has played and managed with, even a CEO. Mowbray likes to be in his comfort zone and retain the autonomy he enjoys as he pretty much does what he wants. He doesn't like being challenged in his megalomaniac world and surrounds himself with sycophants.

I'd be really surprised if there aren't already talks about a new deal for him and Venus.

Not seen if there's any details of the new fellas contract but when the word consultant is in view it usually means self employed.

That would certainly appeal to these lot if he's semi retired and cheap as well as ticking the Mowbray boxes. 

As with managers jobs there's no point anybody applying for senior posts at Ewood. It always ends up going down the nepotism of friendly advisors route.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ianrally said:

Mowbray comment you could easily belive him making, before a ball is kicked.

"The season is going well at the moment. I have just checked the table and we are up to third". 

He doesn’t check the table, especially the treatment table. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

In the midst of one of the worst losing streaks in club history (having promised play-off contention), Mowbray said that we fans 'need to understand that Shearer and Sutton aren't here any more'.

That's something straight out of Steve Kean's Big Book of Steaming Turds.

I don't hate him i just don't rate him as anything other than what he is. Even that rankles with some who can't see beyond his spiel. 

However i want the team to do well so that means i want him to do well and i don't care if he sticks 2 fingers up then. Surely appointing yet another of his pals is the last throw of the dice now.

But saying stuff like the above, amongst the other gems he delivered last season, is the work of a sour faced bumbling twat sticking fingers up at fans whilst he's failing to acknowledge any responsibility whatsoever. A very common theme with him and something he should've been sacked for if the club was run by a correct board of directors.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

McCarthy,who you don't like, delivers results and has done so throughout his career, irrelevant of budget. He has nothing to prove anywhere he has managed at this level. 

Anyway, if they go on a 2 wins in 17 run, he will be sacked..

and I still wouldn't have him here at all. 

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

@chaddyrovers

What would your reaction be if/when he gets offered a new deal? 

has he been given a new contract yet? 

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Be honest and answer yes or no ideally 

Do you think this new appointment has any say in sacking the manager? 

You give out about people talking about Mowbray being here or the fact there was no head of recruitment, yet trot out hypotheticals like we have or even will have a proper DOF, over and over again. 

He has been appointed as Head of recruitment not as director of football so what are going on about?

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

and I still wouldn't have him here at all. 

has he been given a new contract yet? 

He has been appointed as Head of recruitment not as director of football so what are going on about?

If I gave you a straight choice, Mowbray or McCarthy for the upcoming season. Who would you choose>

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

As you apparently think the distinction between a HOR and DOF is so significant have you explained what the difference between the two is yet?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Not a very challenging question both are dinasaurs. Pick a more challenging manager to chose from Eddie Howe for me

Is Howe actually that good?

Getting to the Premier league with Bournemouth was a great achievement but he wasn't anything special with Burnley and spent millions at Bournemouth when in the Premier League.

Quite a few jobs in the premier league have come up since and he is still without a job.

I'd take him over Mowbray obviously but just not convinced he is as good as the media made out.He wouldn't come up north for the Rovers job anyway.

11 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I've no intention of insulting you because you are capable of very sensible posts - but you need to put this insane hatred of Tony Mowbray to one side as it is affecting your judgement.

"Hatred"? - Yes probably fair.

"Insane"? - Well, no other manager has ever been complicit in a corrupt and underhanded scheme to sell off our infrastructure before.  Or been devious enough to install their own immediate boss to protect them. So not insane or irrational in my book.

If he was only incompetent at the job I could just about handle that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnGo said:

Not a very challenging question both are dinasaurs. Pick a more challenging manager to chose from Eddie Howe for me

Apart from one has more promotions from this league, has seen significant improvements in their club in a much shorter time frame and have international management under their belt. You are right it's not a challenging question but one with an unfavourable answer to TM. 

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I am pretty sure that when Harvey left, the message coming from the club was that it wouldn't affect things this summer.

The following quote suggests that maybe it did cause a road block:

"it’s now full steam ahead to find the players to ensure we have a competitive squad going forward."

That's a confession isn't it? Desperate.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

Not seen if there's any details of the new fellas contract but when the word consultant is in view it usually means self employed.

That would certainly appeal to these lot if he's semi retired and cheap as well as ticking the Mowbray boxes. 

As with managers jobs there's no point anybody applying for senior posts at Ewood. It always ends up going down the nepotism of friendly advisors route.

Could be paid on results? Mowbray would be shitting himself at that thought!!

9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If he was only incompetent at the job I could just about handle that.

The online whispering campaign about him somehow benefiting from the sale of the training ground was absolute clap trap, fabricated nonsense.

Outside of this site nobody believes that to be true in my experience, people I talk to just think he's past his sell by date and in reality that is the mans only crime despite the histrionics on here.

8 pages so far on a new chief scout, mostly negative, a chief scout who seems to have a great record at discovering talent, I wish the guy well.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

The question is why was the proposed sale a mirror to the Coventry sale? With the same three incompetent muppets involved? Who’s running who at the club, I’ve been told by someone who works at the club that Venus makes all the decisions.

• Like 1

There's no smoke without fire, if it walks like a duck etc etc

Too many parallels with training ground thing here and the Coventry one. At the end of the day most guys in suits in football are chancers.  If there is a chance of a few more quid delivered on the back of something that might be legitimate to some then they'll be sniffing it out.

Some of them are just cold hard businessmen at the end of the day, drawing a salary and looking for bonuses and percentages.

Can't see Mowbray being a driving force behind it but he was happy to go along with it.  Seeing as he seems to virtually run the club that's quite telling as i'm sure he had enough clout to dismiss it our of hand.

I do believe though that these lot are just deluded rather than corrupt. They have some blueprints to 'build football clubs' they believe will work. They've now found a niche at Ewood with rich daft absentee ownership to put it into practice. Keep experimenting and still somehow stay on the pay role.

Truth is they are self serving lower level ability operators, creating their own old boys club, better suited to hatching their plans elsewhere. We are now being dragged backwards to suit this lot when really we should have people in situ with enough guile and ambition to use what we already have and what this ownership can provide to its very best effect.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 7

20 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I am pretty sure that when Harvey left, the message coming from the club was that it wouldn't affect things this summer.

The following quote suggests that maybe it did cause a road block:

"it’s now full steam ahead to find the players to ensure we have a competitive squad going forward."

@chaddyrovers Didn't you say the club said it didn't matter as targets had already been identified? That it was irrelevant basically that nobody was in the role. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gav said:

The online whispering campaign about him somehow benefiting from the sale of the training ground was absolute clap trap, fabricated nonsense.

Outside of this site nobody believes that to be true in my experience, people I talk to just think he's past his sell by date and in reality that is the mans only crime despite the histrionics on here.

8 pages so far on a new chief scout, mostly negative, a chief scout who seems to have a great record at discovering talent, I wish the guy well.

Think you're being contrary just for the sake of it now Gav, you yourself said you didn't believe a word that Waggott said on the matter at the time.

Those involved haven't tried to do the same thing twice at two different Clubs for no reason have they? There must be some point or benefit to it somewhere for someone. 

And even if you accept Mowbray wouldn't have benefitted directly from the scheme then he's gone along with it when as manager he should have been standing up and fiercely guarding our facilities and infrastructure.

Anyhow, back to Park......... How old is he BTW?

• Like 3