BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Park head of recruitment

41 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Think you're being contrary just for the sake of it now Gav, you yourself said you didn't believe a word that Waggott said on the matter at the time.

Those involved haven't tried to do the same thing twice at two different Clubs for no reason have they? There must be some point or benefit to it somewhere for someone. 

And even if you accept Mowbray wouldn't have benefitted directly from the scheme then he's gone along with it when as manager he should have been standing up and fiercely guarding our facilities and infrastructure.

Anyhow, back to Park......... How old is he BTW?

He’s about 63 or 64 I think. 

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Think you're being contrary just for the sake of it now Gav, you yourself said you didn't believe a word that Waggott said on the matter at the time.

Those involved haven't tried to do the same thing twice at two different Clubs for no reason have they? There must be some point or benefit to it somewhere for someone. 

And even if you accept Mowbray wouldn't have benefitted directly from the scheme then he's gone along with it when as manager he should have been standing up and fiercely guarding our facilities and infrastructure.

Anyhow, back to Park......... How old is he BTW?

You'll struggle to find a manger in the country who isn't involved in any restructure of the academy or training facilities, Kenny, Hartford, Hodgson, Hughes and Allardyce have all played key roles in this area whilst at the club that I know of, its not unusual. 

Where I have a problem is this bullshit theory, fabricated on social media, that the multi millionaire manager of a Championship club is set to benefit finally if we sell part of the training ground, thats my only point here, its complete and utter nonsense.

Selling part of the training ground would have been a scandal, I wouldn't trust Waggot as far as I could throw him, but hammer the manager for footballing reasons, not some fabricated lies on social media. 

As you say, back to Park, impressive record of unearth talent, yet 8 pages of negativity........What did Jimmy Armfield say, they're not a crowd at Ewood, they're a jury. 

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

You'll struggle to find a manger in the country who isn't involved in any restructure of the academy or training facilities, Kenny, Hartford, Hodgson, Hughes and Allardyce have all played key roles in this area whilst at the club that I know of, its not unusual. 

You will also struggle to find any manager in the country who get's to bring his mate in as CEO. That is extremely unusual.

Edited by Ewood Ace

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

Where I have a problem is this bullshit theory, fabricated on social media, that the multi millionaire manager of a Championship club is set to benefit finally if we sell part of the training ground, thats my only point here, its complete and utter nonsense.

Those managers were involved in improving the facilities, not selling off part of them.

• Like 2

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You're a better person than I.

He's actively trying to ruin something I love - I very much hate him on a personal level. 

That's the thing, I don't think he is trying to do that. I think Mowbray is arrogant, deluded and has completely lost the plot, but at the same time I am sure he genuinely believes - as ridiculous as it appears from the outside - that he is doing the best job possible in the circumstances.

The real culprits aren't in the manager's dugout, they are much further away and are the true people responsible for the club's destruction over the past decade.

• Like 7

Who knows whether or not Mowbray had any involvement in the proposed training ground sell off, (although it wouldn't surprise me).

All I know is that for several months he has portrayed an "up yours" attitude to the supporters, with his ridiculous and provocative quotes.

At no other club would he have survived, which is evidence he is virtually untouchable and holds far too much power and control.

John Park might be a decent acquisition, but I totally understand the negativity and cynicism regarding his appointment, given his links with Mowbray and Venus. 

Just gives the impression of another one on the gravy train.

I anticipate a very tough season ahead, obviously more so if Armstrong leaves.

The club has all the hallmarks of potential relegation fodder.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Mowbray

Really?!

7 hours ago, Gav said:

The online whispering campaign about him somehow benefiting from the sale of the training ground was absolute clap trap, fabricated nonsense.

Outside of this site nobody believes that to be true in my experience, people I talk to just think he's past his sell by date and in reality that is the mans only crime despite the histrionics on here.

8 pages so far on a new chief scout, mostly negative, a chief scout who seems to have a great record at discovering talent, I wish the guy well.

But no one really has suggested that the individual is incompetent or a poor selection. The problem is that it further highlights the power of an incompetent manager whose immediate future is sadly at our football club.

We are going to be surrounded by "negativity" at the moment because ultimately, the immediate future looks bleak.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If I gave you a straight choice, Mowbray or McCarthy for the upcoming season. Who would you choose>

Neither. I want a new manager at Rovers and Mowbray to be replace. And I wouldn't want McCarthy anywhere near the manager seat here and is yesterday man IMO. Can't be anymore clearly! 

19 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

As you apparently think the distinction between a HOR and DOF is so significant have you explained what the difference between the two is yet?

Plenty of information and articles out there so explained the difference Rev. So why keep bothering me Rev?

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

@chaddyrovers Didn't you say the club said it didn't matter as targets had already been identified? That it was irrelevant basically that nobody was in the role. 

Correct

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Neither. I want a new manager at Rovers and Mowbray to be replace. And I wouldn't want McCarthy anywhere near the manager seat here and is yesterday man IMO. Can't be anymore clearly! 

Plenty of information and articles out there so explained the difference Rev. So why keep bothering me Rev?

Correct

Well now they have said the opposite, so which is it? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Correct

10 wins, 9 draws and only 3 losses last season at Cardiff suggests that you are talking out of your arse.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well now they have said the opposite, so which is it? 

no idea. email them

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

10 wins, 9 draws and only 3 losses last season at Cardiff suggests that you are talking out of your arse.

another one of your love in's. You must be happy with Cardiff's transfers then and want them here? oh no you didn't mention at all. McCarthy wouldn't fit our club and our squad. 

So is that your choice to replace Mowbray? Thanks for letting us all know. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

no idea. email them

another one of your love in's. 

So is that your choice to replace Mowbray? Thanks for letting us all know. Thank god you are in charge of choosing our managers

Well he wouldnt leave Cardiff to come to Rovers so no but I was merely adding to the hypothetical debate to which McCarthy is the obviously better manager.

5 hours ago, DE. said:

That's the thing, I don't think he is trying to do that. I think Mowbray is arrogant, deluded and has completely lost the plot, but at the same time I am sure he genuinely believes - as ridiculous as it appears from the outside - that he is doing the best job possible in the circumstances.

The real culprits aren't in the manager's dugout, they are much further away and are the true people responsible for the club's destruction over the past decade.

He was actively looking to get sacked at the end of last season.

He was clearly as baffled as we were that he was still there - it was written all over his face at each press conference.

I hate the Venkys too - I have enough to go around. Worst owners in football.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Gav said:

Selling part of the training ground would have been a scandal, I wouldn't trust Waggot as far as I could throw him, but hammer the manager for footballing reasons, not some fabricated lies on social media. 

As you say, back to Park, impressive record of unearth talent, yet 8 pages of negativity........What did Jimmy Armfield say, they're not a crowd at Ewood, they're a jury

That doesn't make us wrong

28 minutes ago, rigger said:

That doesn't make us wrong

That depends when Jimmy made that comment.

It could have been when The Riverside used to boo Wilcox, or The Blackburn End used to Boo Sherwood, imagine that! 2 Premiership winners!

8 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

A pundit passes a glib comment on air and it becomes law?

Talking law the Jury system has been around a while, providing a balanced view of evidence provided.

Long reign the Ewood Jury and who's next up in the Dock.

Tell me you didn’t boo Wilcox and Sherwood Asia? Please….

Edited by Gav

The Riverside didn't boo Wilcox when he was trying to win the Premier league. That was when he was a skinny kid trying to earn his mark in a poor struggling side. Scapegoat i think they call it, the merciless t#ats.

Sherwood though, well he did flick the Vs and he did say some daft stuff at times taking aim at fans. Or lack of them, didn't quite understand the Blackburn backwaters being a flash southern gob.

Not really very good examples of shithousery there, try Jimmy Quinn instead.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

no idea. email them

another one of your love in's. You must be happy with Cardiff's transfers then and want them here? oh no you didn't mention at all. McCarthy wouldn't fit our club and our squad. 

So is that your choice to replace Mowbray? Thanks for letting us all know. 

Email who? I am asking you if it matters or not, because you based your view on the club saying it didn't matter there was no appointment, to now them saying work can begin when Parkes is in place.

Filling that role clearly mattered. It took 6 months, including eating up some of the window. 

Are you capable of thinking for yourself? 

50 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Email who? I am asking you if it matters or not, because you based your view on the club saying it didn't matter there was no appointment, to now them saying work can begin when Parkes is in place.

Filling that role clearly mattered. It took 6 months, including eating up some of the window. 

Are you capable of thinking for yourself? 

Email the CEO If you wants answers but stop asking me your pointless questions when you know I don't have the answers

I think the point is whether you retract your assumption that our recruitment would be unaffected by Harvey leaving because signings would have already been identified. Now you know what you have seen since, no signings and when we finally replaced him, comments that imply that recruitment starts only now.

• Like 1

I think this article sums up our situation very well. To think that we are lacking in numbers and experience, that older players we have aren't that great and are injury-prone and we are set to lose another swag of players in a years time for free, I think we are in a diabolical state.

How the hell was it allowed to come to this?

https://the72.co.uk/242419/indebted-inexperienced-incapable-blackburn-rovers-stare-down-the-barrel-of-a-damning-2021-22-season/

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, 47er said:

I think this article sums up our situation very well. To think that we are lacking in numbers and experience, that older players we have aren't that great and are injury-prone and we are set to lose another swag of players in a years time for free, I think we are in a diabolical state.

How the hell was it allowed to come to this?

https://the72.co.uk/242419/indebted-inexperienced-incapable-blackburn-rovers-stare-down-the-barrel-of-a-damning-2021-22-season/

‘I had to tell the owners to slow down’.

• Like 5