BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

If true I wonder if it related to the incoming head of recruitment and potentially a change of emphasis on the academy?

If we don’t have a Cat 1 academy then we don’t need to have the facilities for one.

Even if it isn’t, it doesn’t look good that staff and players continue to leave while the only incomings are Mowbray’s mates.

• Like 8

On 24/07/2021 at 14:51, Stuart said:

If true I wonder if it related to the incoming head of recruitment and potentially a change of emphasis on the academy?

If we don’t have a Cat 1 academy then we don’t need to have the facilities for one.

Even if it isn’t, it doesn’t look good that staff and players continue to leave while the only incomings are Mowbray’s mates.

The thought crossed my mind too Stuart. For me Waggott, Venus and Mowbray must not be allowed to dispose of Brockhall for any reason before they leave.

If true it does also of course give rise to the depressing prospect that Mowbray will install another of his mates within the role.

Makes you wonder why all our staff seem to be departing for roles at lower league Clubs.

• Like 2

Why would he leave and what position would he take? Bowyer is manager they don’t have an academy and they don’t have a youth set up that is anywhere near our set up not to mention he wouldn’t be on wages that are comparable to Rovers 

Salford City assistant on bigger wages than our under 23s boss ?

Quite possibly and there'll be a payoff in the not too distant no doubt. Then what ?

If all these people keep leaving here it is because they want out no other reason.  That could be due to many factors but it's yet another huge red warning flag if true. Looks like the mythical root and branch is actually underway but as i thought ages ago it's Mowbrays gang behind it not in front of it.

• Like 1

On 24/07/2021 at 17:04, Mattyblue said:

Should we be keeping an eye on the Ribble Valley Council planning section?

Whilst I don't work for Peacock and Smith, I do work in this industry, and all I will say the answer to this question begins with a Y.

On 24/07/2021 at 21:00, tomphil said:

So far this summer

The head of recruitment, a groundsman, a fitness instructor, possibly this fella and anyone else iv'e missed.

All purely coincidental of course, nothing going on is it ......

And about 3000 season ticket holders

• Like 4

from somebody very well connected within the club

"There are two ladies at the training ground who have worked at the club for 49 years between them.  They have been told to reapply for their jobs, but there is only one job"

• Like 2

On 25/07/2021 at 10:26, JWU-Andy said:

from somebody very well connected within the club

"There are two ladies at the training ground who have worked at the club for 49 years between them.  They have been told to reapply for their jobs, but there is only one job"

So one of them has been getting paid for doing nothing for the past 20 odd years.

• Like 1

On 25/07/2021 at 11:14, rigger said:

So one of them has been getting paid for doing nothing for the past 20 odd years.

or they could now be asking one person to do the job of two... depends on FACT and not guesswork.

Was just putting information out there, that I'd been told 🙂

• Like 9

On 25/07/2021 at 12:19, JWU-Andy said:

or they could now be asking one person to do the job of two... depends on FACT and not guesswork.

Was just putting information out there, that I'd been told 🙂

It could be the manager and assistant manager of the ticket office. They have managed to get them to a low enough level now, to ensure one person can do the job.

• Like 2

• Backroom
On 25/07/2021 at 11:19, JWU-Andy said:

or they could now be asking one person to do the job of two...

This is typically how it works when it comes to cost cutting. The person who stays on is supposed to feel grateful for still having a job despite now having double the workload. 

• Like 2

On 25/07/2021 at 12:29, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yet we could keep Gladwin on the books for ages with no chance of him ever playing for us again.

Along with Smallwood the HSH boy sitting out the best contract he probably ever had, no push from the management. Then the covid extensions,  Downing, Rodwell etc

When theres been money this lot have wasted it big time, now the whole club pays the price again.

Jokers.

• Like 1