BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Very disappointed to lose Billy Barr to Salford City but he is getting a promotion and coaching the first team. Mowbray should have bought Barr into the first team coaching staff at the end of last season and got rid of David Lowe and Mark Venus. Mowbray should have appointed Damien Johnson as his number 2 with Billy Barr as first team coach. 

I am disappointed also to lose Simon Cooper to Stoke who was our head of youth recruitment

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

Am I the only one envious of Salford City's management team?

why? can you explain why you are so envious of them?

On 26/07/2021 at 11:21, tomphil said:

Head of recruitment, fitness instructor, U23s manager, groundsman.

All within weeks of each other and all decent at their jobs by all accounts, also all seem to be heading downwards so they haven't been poached by looks of it.

This isn't good at all the replacements if there are any will probably follow some dot joining paths.

I really hope this isn't Waggot and Mowbray deflecting blame for their under achieving and getting their own way....again.

Chris Rush left Rovers cos of the demand of football on his family life

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

why? can you explain why you are so envious of them?

I would rather have Gary Bowyer and Billy Barr managing my team than Tony Mowbray and Mark Venus.

Reason 1 - i think Bowyer is a better manager. His Championship results and league finishes suggests that is the case 

Reason 2 - even if he wasn't as good a manager I would trust Bowyer and Barr. I dont trust Mowbray or his entourage. Trying to sell off our training ground ensured that.

• Like 9

12 hours ago, tomphil said:

They all have their reasons in this remarkable set of coincidences. 

Chris Rush has said his reasons for leaving football here

https://trainingground.guru/articles/blackburns-rush-leaving-football-because-of-toll-on-family#:~:text=BLACKBURN’S Head of Athletic Performance%2C Chris Rush%2C is,Coach and then as Head of Athletic Performance.

11 hours ago, JHRover said:

I would rather have Gary Bowyer and Billy Barr managing my team than Tony Mowbray and Mark Venus.

Reason 1 - i think Bowyer is a better manager. His Championship results and league finishes suggests that is the case 

Reason 2 - even if he wasn't as good a manager I would trust Bowyer and Barr. I dont trust Mowbray or his entourage. Trying to sell off our training ground ensured that.

The same Salford who first team fitness coach and first team physio both walked out on the club in the past week. 

I wouldn't want Bowyer back into the Rovers manager hot seat despite my admiration for him. He did a good job here but we need a new manager in like Ainsworth or Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. 

Like I said last night Mowbray should have changed his coaching staff after last season failure by getting rid of Venus and Lowe and Johnson and Barr replacing them in the first team coaching set up. Especially when you are bring through so many young players

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't know what it is about you chaddy, are you being niave on purpose or do you really not understand that you dont burn bridges, slag people off in public....what would a future employer think?   The lad obviously can't work with this mob and wants gone.....he will turn up after his 6 month gardening leave has ended at another club......then he will have forgot about his missus and that...🙄

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't want Bowyer back into the Rovers manager hot seat despite my admiration for him. He did a good job here but we need a new manager in like Ainsworth or Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. 

Like I said last night Mowbray should have changed his coaching staff after last season failure by getting rid of Venus and Lowe and Johnson and Barr replacing them in the first team coaching set up. Especially when you are bring through so many young players

I didn't say I wanted him back. I said I'd rather have him than Mowbray.

I'd also rather have Bowyer back than Hasselbaink or Ainsworth, both of whom have miserable Championship records.

Mowbray shouldn't have changed anything.  He appointed his staff, he has to go with them. Changing them is just passing the blame elsewhere. He's the manager, he goes if results aren't good enough 

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I didn't say I wanted him back. I said I'd rather have him than Mowbray.

I'd also rather have Bowyer back than Hasselbaink or Ainsworth, both of whom have miserable Championship records.

Mowbray shouldn't have changed anything.  He appointed his staff, he has to go with them. Changing them is just passing the blame elsewhere. He's the manager, he goes if results aren't good enough 

I would take Ainsworth in a heartbeat as Rovers manager. Hasselbaink has shown he can set a team up quickly and get results at Burton last season. 

As soon as the owners said that Mowbray was to remain as manager for the coming season he should have said I want to make changes to my coaching staff and make them. Mowbray needs to change his staff for this season. Too late now. 

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would take Ainsworth in a heartbeat as Rovers manager. Hasselbaink has shown he can set a team up quickly and get results at Burton last season. 

As soon as the owners said that Mowbray was to remain as manager for the coming season he should have said I want to make changes to my coaching staff and make them. Mowbray needs to change his staff for this season. Too late now. 

I think they are all useless.

What the feck is the point of changing staff and keeping, IMO, this absolute idiot purporting to be a football manager and tactical genius.

IMO, Mowbray, Venus, Lowe and Benson are all way, way below par and that is being polite.  I've been saying this for years and very sadly, I've been proven right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I think they are all useless.

What the feck is the point of changing staff and keeping, IMO, this absolute idiot purporting to be a football manager and tactical genius.

IMO, Mowbray, Venus, Lowe and Benson are all way, way below par and that is being polite.  I've been saying this for years and very sadly, I've been proven right. 

Looks at the work and how Billy Barr has got the under 23's playing and thats how the first team should be playing. I enjoyed watching the under 23's under Billy Barr. Same with Johnson when he was in charge of the under 23's

• Like 1

On 24/07/2021 at 15:29, 1864roverite said:

Why would he leave and what position would he take? Bowyer is manager they don’t have an academy and they don’t have a youth set up that is anywhere near our set up not to mention he wouldn’t be on wages that are comparable to Rovers 

Now it's been made official, you'd better ask him yourself!

At least some of the info I get pans our correctly. How the hell did the Coventrio manage to convince the owners that actually the problem was everyone else but them?!!!

• Like 3