BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ally Dawson RIP

I believe ex Rover Ally Dawson passed away today at the tender age of 63. We never really saw the best of him after he suffered a horrendous head injury while playing for Rangers but I still have fond memories of his time playing under the Don.

RIP Ally

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 5

On 27/07/2021 at 07:42, arbitro said:

RIP.

Ally was technically gifted footballer but didn't really hit any great heights with us. 63 is really no age.

Think he enjoyed life off the pitch a little too much, was a regular in the Woodlands back in the day along with several others of the squad.

Always seemed a very affable bloke indeed though.

63. Gulp.

RIP.

On 27/07/2021 at 09:51, RevidgeBlue said:

Think he enjoyed life off the pitch a little too much, was a regular in the Woodlands back in the day along with several others of the squad.

Always seemed a very affable bloke indeed though.

63. Gulp.

RIP.

It was the norm then to see players out in local pubs and clubs knocking them back. Every Saturday night would see a group of players in the Cav VIP lounge and they would always have the time of day for us.

• Like 4

On 27/07/2021 at 09:51, RevidgeBlue said:

Think he enjoyed life off the pitch a little too much,

I was lucky enough to work with him for a while on a homeless project in Motherwell and he was a brilliant guy. He did enjoy a drink by all accounts but I don't know whether the 'long battle with illness' relates to that or not.

• Like 1

I remember Rovers signing him and it seeming like another Don Mackay masterstroke.  I remember his flash motor, blue GOLF GTI cabriolet, white top and think it was the dogs b.  Also remember mates brother saying he saw him out of the razz 2 or 3 times a week usually with Andy Kennedy.

I just can't remember him playing.

Had a great Rangers career though   RIP