BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (h) - 7/8/21

The stark reality of Rovers plight will be highlighted by defeat once again. Mowbrays tombola selection of a line up will see yet another opening day capitulation by a team devoid of tactics, energy and effort supported by players who are out of their natural and best positions.

Crowd will be a tad over 10k if we are lucky.

Time to oust Waggot and Mowbray

• K-Hod pinned this topic

Think we might pull a surprise win here i think the young players will be really up for this. I expect a few decent results early doors before reality and the muddled methods take over again.

Rovers  2    Swans  1   

9,300 ish depending if Swansea have a decent turnout.

Kaminski

Nyambe Carter Lenihan Pickering 

Travis Buckley Rothwell

Dolan Armstrong Brereton

3-1 Rovers.  Great time to play Swansea - missed out in play-offs, no manager, Covid hit and, sadly, a win will buy Mowbray even more time (IMO, he's a bit of a lucky b@st@rd).

Attendance - 7,300 which miraculously I think Rovers will announce as 11,100 ! 

16 minutes ago, JoeH said:

1. Kaminski

Nyambe
Lenihan
Carter
Pickering

Travis
Rothwell
Buckley

Brereton Díaz
Armstrong
Gallagher

2. Rovers 2-1 Swans

3. 11,057

Agree with the team selection but think we will lose 3-2. I have no idea what the crowd will be but doubt it will hit five figures. 

51 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Kaminski

Nyambe Carter Lenihan Pickering 

Travis Buckley Rothwell

Dolan Armstrong Brereton

3-1 Rovers.  Great time to play Swansea - missed out in play-offs, no manager, Covid hit and, sadly, a win will buy Mowbray even more time (IMO, he's a bit of a lucky b@st@rd).

Attendance - 7,300 which miraculously I think Rovers will announce as 11,100 ! 

They have got a manager.Russell Martin was appointed on Sunday.

------------------Kaminski

Nyambe--Ayala--Lenihan--Pickering

------Buckley--Travis--Rothwell

-----Gallagher--Arma--Diaz

That's what I think will start.

1-2 defeat.

Don't think we've ever won an opening game under Venky's?

Also Swansea will probably have the new manager bounce.

Diaz to score.

2 hours ago, Lucimo said:

We haven't got a great record in the opening game of season in recent years. Swansea don't have a great record at Ewood. Draw!! 

We havnt won our first game of the season once under the Venkies. Not going to this season either.

• Like 1

I expect us to get a result here. Probably a score draw and an entertaining match which will then have folk out thinking all is well with the world and Mowbray has answered his critics.

Swansea, along with Derby and ourselves, are perhaps the crisis clubs at this moment in time and we need a win.

The sole ambition for this season is to get to 50 points

Swansea are in crisis, a good manager gone a week before the season and replaced by someone unproven, and so many key losses/absentees, Guehi, Woodman and Hourihane returning to their parent clubs, Ayew leaving on a free, Grimes with a knock and an unsure future, Roberts injured, Walsh a doubt and Fulton suspended. 7 of the 11 that started the play off final al out. We wont have many easier games all season from an opposition persepctive.

That being said, we dont win our opening day under Venkys, usually off the back of a languid summer, this one is very much no different so I am certainly not confident. I also feel like the crowd will be (understandably) but depressingly low.

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Ayala Pickering

Travis Davenport

Dolan Rothwell Brereton

Armstrong

Subs - God knows! Gallagher, Buckley, Carter, Chapman and 3 more kids. Any chance of a signing at any point seems remote.

We've been notoriously slow starters under Mowbray and I can't see that changing this season, regardless of any crises in the opposition camp. Half expecting Armstrong to go on the eve of the game as well (just the pessimist in me).

Kaminski

Nyambe, Magloire, Lenihan, Carter, Pickering

Travis, Davenport, Buckley

Armstrong, Brereton

Subs: Stergiakis, Ayala? Pike/Cirino, Dolan, Chapman, Gallagher, McBride

Blimey, that squad looks light. 2-1 Swansea.

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Swansea City (h) - 7/8/21
4 minutes ago, Dreyski said:

We've been notoriously slow starters under Mowbray and I can't see that changing this season, regardless of any crises in the opposition camp. Half expecting Armstrong to go on the eve of the game as well (just the pessimist in me).

Kaminski

Nyambe, Magloire, Lenihan, Carter, Pickering

Travis, Davenport, Buckley

Armstrong, Brereton

Subs: Stergiakis, Ayala? Pike/Cirino, Dolan, Chapman, Gallagher, McBride

Blimey, that squad looks light. 2-1 Swansea.

You are expecting armstrong to be gone, yet you still pick him in your team !