BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (h) - 7/8/21

12 hours ago, riverholmes said:

I strongly agree with this. If you look at the Swansea attack at the end of the highlights published by Rovers on Youtube, it is shockingly easy to cut Rovers open - once you by-pass the press of the front three. As the still below shows, the Swansea defensive player, No.2, puts the ball through into midfield, taking out five Rovers attackers. Brereton, Dolan and Buckley (?) can't get back (don't try), so the Rovers full backs and defenders are outnumbered and a Swansea attacker has a shot from the edge of the area. 

EFEE_tmp.png.f23c7c00ad22fd48c9082c9b8e5ce741.png

TBH - when Swansea did come forward they looked quite good - partly down the our nemsis playing against the 5 at the back system. The number of times they overloaded are full backs was unreal - it was only towards the end of the match that we really nullified the threat when we moved to 5 at the back ourselves (after which we looked relatively comfortable against a team pushing for an equalizer).

6 minutes ago, tugayislegend said:

Are Extending Highlights of the game available anywhere?

Used to be able to watch in Ifollow.

Just wondering that myself. For people overseas like myself where the live games are middle of the night the 10min extended highlights are as good as it gets..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Just wondering that myself. For people overseas like myself where the live games are middle of the night the 10min extended highlights are as good as it gets..

YouTube I think. If you can’t find it, there’s definitely extended highlight on Swansea’s YT, and it’s hilarious listening to “the penny dropping”…!

12 minutes ago, mustard said:

Their commentary is more insufferable than our own!

Yeah, that co-commentator - as soon as I heard his voice I remembered him from all the highlights of all the games we played from last season. He was the one that stood out. I get you're a fan but christ. 

On a side note, why don't we ever release extended highlights? I thinks its a good idea but only a few clubs in this division do it.

Put it this way, when I googled Rovers v Swansea highlights, i picked Swansea's extended highlights over watching Rovers 2 min clip reel. Still have not even watched ours. That's 1 view lost - but how many more did what I did?

I just had a look at the Match Centre for this game. Wonderful detail, someone is doing loads of work. Thanks.

I have to admit though that I cannot follow how the accuracy figures under 'Passes' are arrived at.

Example: It shows Butterworth making 2 passes, no key passes and with 1% accuracy. I recall him making a sublime pass that created a chance which Rothwell crapped over. Even if it was not a key pass it must be considered accurate.

I actually think all the accuracy %s for Rovers players are a bit off.

On 09/08/2021 at 14:31, JacknOry said:

On a side note, why don't we ever release extended highlights? I thinks its a good idea but only a few clubs in this division do it.

Put it this way, when I googled Rovers v Swansea highlights, i picked Swansea's extended highlights over watching Rovers 2 min clip reel. Still have not even watched ours. That's 1 view lost - but how many more did what I did?

On IPlayer they did both an extended highlights (circa 10 mins) and a full match replay. I am sad enough to watch the entire match back if I miss a game!

On the new service it seems there is only the 2min highlights only which is a massive shame. Could just be teething issues as they sort themselves out, or it could be a deliberate decision to minmise what you can see online with the idea it will encourage fans to buy more match tickets (local) or pay for the live feed (abroad). Can't see there be too many people though who don't buy a ticket / live feed because they watch the full game back 2 days later on the website? Got to be pretty niche...