BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (h) - 7/8/21

14 hours ago, arbitro said:

Out of curiosity I watched the highlights of Bournemouth v MK Dons game from last weekend. Hopefully the new Swansea manager, Russell Martin tries to play the same way as he did at Bournemouth. I really hope Mowbray has seen this and adopts a really high press.

Goodness gracious and I thought we fannied around with it at the back?!!

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Revised line up based on Team news 

Kaminski 

Nyambe Lenihan Ayala Pickering

Travis Buckley Rothwell

Dolan         Gallagher        Brereton-Diaz 

Subs:- Stergiakis, Carter, Davenport, Garrett, Butterworth, McBride, Pike

Probably right but I wonder if Mowbray might want a more defensive midfield:

Kaminski 

Nyambe Lenihan Carter Pickering

Travis Davenport Rothwell

Buckley

Gallagher        Brereton-Diaz 

34 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Will be happy with a draw a lot of work for us building a team this season

Draws won't keep us up we need to be out trying to get as many wins on the board as soon as possible.

Home game first day of season against another team with problems.

Go for it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

i really hope mowbray has a change of heart and leaves

I think his feet might be further under the table than ever this season. 

20 million for Armstrong and everything seems to be being laid at the Covid door.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I'm not so sure @tomphil. It's only a matter of time before we'll hit another death spiral, but with the state of the squad it will be even harder to get out of. Plus, he won't have the luxury of an empty stadium. 

I'm thinking with the ownership as the tone of that letter suggests to me covid is taking the entire blame.

You are correct though no way would he have got away unscathed last season. It's inevitable this season, as is people slapping each other in the stands again.

• Like 4

On 03/08/2021 at 04:26, Mercer said:

Kaminski

Nyambe Carter Lenihan Pickering 

Travis Buckley Rothwell

Dolan Armstrong Brereton

3-1 Rovers.  Great time to play Swansea - missed out in play-offs, no manager, Covid hit and, sadly, a win will buy Mowbray even more time (IMO, he's a bit of a lucky b@st@rd).

Attendance - 7,300 which miraculously I think Rovers will announce as 11,100 ! 

And he's off 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, neophox said:

A narrow win.. AYALA scoring the winner with a header

Only a win... Everything else will be a huge disappointment. 

Who then goes down injured with a neck strain and we do not see him for the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, Wood26 said:

I know the club recommends masks tomorrow, what was the Leeds game like? Is it frowned upon not too? Because I’d rather not.

Didn't see many wearing them vs Leeds.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Armstrong is on the training pictures on the website, maybe he genuinely is going to be our considered.

If he is in the right frame of mind, he is so much better than all of our remaining attacking options, but then again, you are putting a 20m fee on the line.

Needlessly. He will be gone for the next game. No sense considering him now. 

At a well functioning club his replacement would be announced by now, or at least be close to signing. 

I do think we have a starting 11 good enough to not be relegated.

Problem is, we have to make sure we win the games whilst that 11 is available before the inevitable injuries start to kick in.

Puts a lot more pressure on Mowbray to get it right more than he gets it wrong, which isn't his strong point.

Less options and less number of subs available to change the game now as well, which only hinders our already poor manager. He can no longer change half the outfield in order to chase a game when he gets it wrong from the off.

Not looking hopeful for the season ahead!

43 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I do think we have a starting 11 good enough to not be relegated.

Problem is, we have to make sure we win the games whilst that 11 is available before the inevitable injuries start to kick in.

Puts a lot more pressure on Mowbray to get it right more than he gets it wrong, which isn't his strong point.

Less options and less number of subs available to change the game now as well, which only hinders our already poor manager. He can no longer change half the outfield in order to chase a game when he gets it wrong from the off.

Not looking hopeful for the season ahead!

Agree - good reasons for pessimism for next season but there are plenty of other clubs in a not completely dissimilar position, and who would swap our starting XI for theirs.

I'm hoping one silver lining from our situation this year is that it forces Mowbray to be 1. more consistent in his selection and 2. more pragmatic in how we play. Correcting these flaws (his biggest by some distance in my view) would make me very confident about staying up, even if the season as a whole won't be anything to write home about. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Agree - good reasons for pessimism for next season but there are plenty of other clubs in a not completely dissimilar position, and who would swap our starting XI for theirs.

I'm hoping one silver lining from our situation this year is that it forces Mowbray to be 1. more consistent in his selection and 2. more pragmatic in how we play. Correcting these flaws (his biggest by some distance in my view) would make me very confident about staying up, even if the season as a whole won't be anything to write home about. 

1. Out of the club. 2. Taking his cronies with him. Those are the only silver linings I can see.