v Swansea City (h) - 7/8/21

6 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

Probably right but I wonder if Mowbray might want a more defensive midfield:

Kaminski 

Nyambe Lenihan Carter Pickering

Travis Davenport Rothwell

Buckley

Gallagher        Brereton-Diaz 

why? We can win this game by high pressing and forcing mistakes from their gameplay. Dolan pace is needed wide

32 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

No thanks Chaddy. I have already decided I am going nowhere near this season. Will watch a free stream.

Fair enough. Not a fan of watching my team on stream as the past 18 months as shown. 

Can't wait to get back to Ewood Park and watching live football

For thousands of Rovers fan tomorrow will be the first time they've been able to step foot inside Ewood for over 500 days, I can only imagine the excitement for that prospect alone.

I can't make it to Ewood tomorrow, but I'm hoping for a thumping win against a Swansea side that made the play off final last season, we're miles off that level sadly.

1-1 draw

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why? We can win this game by high pressing and forcing mistakes from their gameplay. Dolan pace is needed wide

I agree with you. I just think Mowbray's desire not to lose will cause him to be unnecessarily cautious. 

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Agree - good reasons for pessimism for next season but there are plenty of other clubs in a not completely dissimilar position, and who would swap our starting XI for theirs.

I'm hoping one silver lining from our situation this year is that it forces Mowbray to be 1. more consistent in his selection and 2. more pragmatic in how we play. Correcting these flaws (his biggest by some distance in my view) would make me very confident about staying up, even if the season as a whole won't be anything to write home about. 

I'm not sure that rings true once you take Armstrong out of the equation, his goals were what pushed us ahead of the relegation scrap. Elliott is a huge loss too, Harwood Bellis is a big loss, and Holtby/Evans would also play tomorrow, the impact of 4 losses headed by Armstrong and our first 11 is significantly weaker than last years.

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fair enough. Not a fan of watching my team on stream as the past 18 months as shown. 

Can't wait to get back to Ewood Park and watching live football

So you keep saying, ad nauseum.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Is that a piss take?

Might as well invite Chris Brown back as well.

Home games 2 and 3 Corry Evans (as he'll be injured by then) and Elliott Bennett.

Whilst you’ve clearly never liked him for whatever reason, at least he scored a few for us!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Is that a piss take?

Might as well invite Chris Brown back as well.

Home games 2 and 3 Corry Evans (as he'll be injured by then) and Elliott Bennett.

A bit harsh mate I think. I assume it’s because we are playing one of his former clubs (arguably the one he had the most success with?).

19 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Whilst you’ve clearly never liked him for whatever reason, at least he scored a few for us!

Hardly Shearer is it?

Good on loan when he was after a contract, then part of a side which got us relegated, has freely admitted he wasn't professional enough, crap in League 1 then couldn't move for his last couple of seasons here.

To be fair the last bit wasn't his fault, it was down to Mowbray giving him a ridiculous new deal.

All just cheap gimmicks in a late and desperate attempt to improve morale around the place and shift a few tickets to get away from league embarrassing levels.

Mowbray talking and talking about wanting at least 5 loans in - nobody here

Inviting popular ex player back.

Letter 'from' the owners pledging their support and 'intention' to turn up and see a game at some point.

Some of us can see through it all. Waggott's panicking. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

All just cheap gimmicks in a late and desperate attempt to improve morale around the place and shift a few tickets to get away from league embarrassing levels.

Letter 'from' the owners pledging their support and 'intention' to turn up and see a game at some point.

Wonder how many season tickets he was expecting to sell? 6000 isn't many and that should be raising red flags to Venkys about the current set up down at Ewood but I highly doubt it is.

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Wonder how many season tickets he was expecting to sell? 6000 isn't many and that should be raising red flags to Venkys about the current set up down at Ewood but I highly doubt it is.

Anywhere else there would have been massive alarm bells many months ago. Here i doubt they will even know or care that we aren't getting 18000 anymore.

But we're lucky to have them.

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

It’s all just lazily being put down to Covid. 

54 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Any news on if the Waggott Tax is being charged after 12 tomorrow?

You’re watching on a free stream aren’t you?

Are you just looking for something to moan about?

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Come on JH ..no different than any other club up and down the land inviting back ex-players .

I'd hardly go to say its to raise morale and shift a few tickets ? really ?  ..if its before the game most fans will still be in EWC or on the concourse with ticket in hand...so lets not get  all melodramatic because an ex-player is invited back...pleaseee.

• Moderation Lead
10 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Come on JH ..no different than any other club up and down the land inviting back ex-players .

I'd hardly go to say its to raise morale and shift a few tickets ? really ?  ..if its before the game most fans will still be in EWC or on the concourse with ticket in hand...so lets not get  all melodramatic because an ex-player is invited back...pleaseee.

See you in there, mine’s a Heineken 😏

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't know if there'll be many in the Blackburn End Saturday but here's one for the "Blackburn End Choir"

Mowbray had a dream

With his housing team

He had no money so he asked the bank for a loan

With flats at the back

Few quid in the sack

It's Tony Mowbray - I wish he'd just jack/ he needs the tin tack

Underrated post 

• Like 2