BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Morecambe (h) 10/08/21

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m not too bothered about losing, but I am totally confused about formations. In the last two games we have played…

3-5-2

5-4-1

4-3-3

4-2-1-2

What ever happened to having one system? 

We just need the 4-2-2-2 and then someone must have a full house. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

im`e certain they did`nt know venkys were going to destroy the club,you can`t blame them for that

They were trying to sell us to anyone with cash. Remember Ali Syed? 

They weren't bothered whether the new owners were fit and proper. 

• Like 7

Wish I was surprised by the outcome but I’m not. On the weekend we squandered 90% of our chances and did fuck all with the ball in possession. If we didn’t win it up front we had nothing to show, so naturally playing a side that wasn’t going to Dick around in back and give us 15 chances to score 2 we were going to struggle. 

league one here we come. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It bothers me losing any game. Ever.

Sadly I don't think the same can be said of our manager. If so he would have walked long ago during one of our numerous death spirals.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Nope. I was there too Callum and they were extremely vociferous in the second half.

The official line is Mowbray IN.

We deserve the club we have.

I heard it like 3x I was sat in row 23. Literally everyone around me was chanting and then stopped when that started. It will only take a few bad results for the fans to turn on Mowbray.  He wont get a free ride this season 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Losing at home with pretty much your first 11 (Ayala will never be fit anyway) to a team that were in league two last season should be a wake up call to everyone. Even to Venkys perhaps? Nah, thought not.

Before I appreciated properly how poor Mowbray is as a manager, I used to cut him some slack by saying that we were in more or less the same League position in Division 2 as we were when I first remember following Rovers in 1953.

Before posting this, I looked where Morecambe were that same year; they were in the now-defunct Lancashire Combination; probably, if I'm being generous to them, of the equivalent of the National League [North].

Is there anyone who can get into Balaji's thick skull that, if he can sack a manager like BFS, whose USP - until last season, anyway - was that he could guarantee keeping a team in the Premier League, then he can certainly sack a manager who can't manage or motivate his team to beat a team who have never played at a higher level than they are doing this season?

Please? Anyone?

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m not too bothered about losing, but I am totally confused about formations. In the last two games we have played…

3-5-2

5-4-1

4-3-3

4-2-1-2

What ever happened to having one system? 

He's trying them all so that when he knows which players are coming, he can narrow it down to 5.

The LET match report suggests that the formation worked well in the first half. Morecambe changed two at half-time and Buckley went off and we conceded early and things went down hill.

Well done, Morecambe - especially ex-Rovers, Lavelle and O'Connor. They beat our near full strength team.

Edited by riverholmes

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Should never be not bothered about losing a competitive game.

That's a comment up there with Tony's "I don't bother looking at the table".

You’re right. I’m changing my statement. 

“My biggest worry isn’t that we’ve lost”. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I disagree with that.

As much love as I have for Jack Walker, I hate his kids and the Walker Trust for selling us to these absentee owners. 

We, as a fanbase, have the club we deserve. We have done nothing to protect it - 300 hardy souls was/is not enough.

The Walkers were always going to sell, and they too will have been fed lies, just as we have.

The fact that they walk all over us now, and have people like Waggott who take the piss out of us, is on us.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Lancashire Senior Cup  5th Dec 1967.

Rovers 1 - Morecambe 2

Rovers

Blacklaw

Coxon, Clayton ( sub Sharples ), Coddington, Wilson

Ferguson, Rogers, Hole, Connelly

Darling, Gilliver

Scorer - Ferguson pen

Att 1,600

I’d suggest that was a worse defeat than tonight’s.

And that’s a hell of a midfield 4.

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Ali Sayed. OMFG!

They would have sold us to anyone and did DD on no one.

That non existent American Dan Williams as well.

To be fair, in terms of finances, the sale to Venky's was a solid one and I suppose it would have been impossible to predict they would have behaved as erratically as they did in the early days.

Our demise stems from them though as all they had to do to keep the gravy train rolling was give Hughes some moderate backing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That non existent American Dan Williams as well.

To be fair, in terms of finances, the sale to Venky's was a solid one and I suppose it would have been impossible to predict they would have behaved as erratically as they did in the early days.

Our demise stems from them though as all they had to do to keep the gravy train rolling was give Hughes some moderate backing.

Allardyce

• Like 1