BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Morecambe (h) 10/08/21

5 hours ago, grizfoot said:

Can't have that Morecambe deserved to win that game, we should have been out of sight in the first half really. In isolation the performance wasn't that bad it's just frustrating that we can't seem to shake the habit of conceding soft goals. One thing is for sure we need four or five quality players adding to the squad if we are to have much hope of finishing anywhere beyond mid-table this season in my opinion. 

Maybe we should hire a gaffer who used to play in back to help us sure up the line. 

Amazed how bothered people are about this game, the attendance suggested otherwise!

Glad to be out of the joke cup to be honest especially with our threadbare squad.

Admittedly shouldn't be losing to Morecombe with that lineup though, most teams made many changes for it.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Amazed how bothered people are about this game, the attendance suggested otherwise!

Glad to be out of the joke cup to be honest especially with our threadbare squad.

Admittedly shouldn't be losing to Morecombe with that lineup though, most teams made many changes for it.

If a defeat at home to Morecambe using our first team squad isn't bothering you into how the rest of the season will go then good for you,for the rest of us its concerning how low we're going to get with this clown in charge.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

If a defeat at home to Morecambe using our first team squad isn't bothering you into how the rest of the season will go then good for you,for the rest of us its concerning how low we're going to get with this clown in charge.

It's done nothing whatsoever to change my opinion, I wanted the clown out before and I still want him out now. I just couldn't care less about going out of the fake red bull cup.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darrenbot said:

Even pre-Venkys we had a annoying habit of being beaten by teams on paper we should beat.

What annoyed me was yet again we had an opposition manager pushing his troops on - while TM stands on the sidelines with his hands in his pockets.

• Like 3

In what way is it a ‘joke cup’. It’s one of only three top level competitions in the country.

Apart from being newer, so doesn’t have the heritage, I’m not seeing how it is much different than the FA Cup, you may as well call that  a ‘joke’ too…

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

It's done nothing whatsoever to change my opinion, I wanted the clown out before and I still want him out now. I just couldn't care less about going out of the fake red bull cup.

It's not a cup we were ever going to win but it would have been nice to get through a few rounds at least to give the players a bit more confidence and to give the fans something to get up for.Now all its done is dent the players confidence and got the fans mood angry again after saturday lifted everybody's mood following a drab transfer window so far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

I'm amazed any Rovers fan isn't bothered about us losing a competitive fixture!

Then there's the added worry that more or less our strongest X1 got beaten at home by League 1 Morecambe.

• Like 9

In fact, Mowbray's whole era has been a disgrace as far as Cup competitions are concerned. Doesn't matter who we play, I just take it for granted we'll be knocked out first round.

Even in the "bad old days" of the 70's/80's we had the Cups to keep us going. 

Like much else that's now completely gone.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

That was a good gate i'm surprised anyone who knows Rovers history in the early stages of this comp would think otherwise.

The fact there was more than 3k there shows quite a few were up for it and looking forward to some footy. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, callumrovers said:

infact i saw a number of people not singing when the was being chanted.

This is correct, i have moved from row 10 to row 30 in the BE this season and when we heard some young teenage lad just not far from us start the TM blue and white army we cringed and never joined in both Saturday and last night , any other chants no problem. We also heard a few trying to start the Woke up this morning feeling fine (Mowbray as got the rovers playing the way the Rovers should ) what an embarrassment  i for one just cant join in as much as i want us to create a bit of noise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Losing very quickly becomes a habit - as we all know from the last two seasons.

Having a thin squad is no reason to want to be out of a competition but the fact that you see it that way shows what Venky's have done to us all.

• Like 3

For Morecambe's first goal, our formation and a lack of desire and discipline catch us out. Presumably, Butterworth was meant to be in the attacking midfielder role but he finds himself in the centre forward role. Brereton and Dolan are also up front, leaving two central midfielders to stop the Morecambe counter. Dolan makes some effort to get back but the rest watch on and Travis shows little desire to intervene, as the Morecambe left sided defensive player ambles forward and then plays the through pass. 

Lewis Travis doesn't make it into the box by the time the ball is in the net and the other CM, Rothwell/Davenport gets there too late. You can criticise Lenihan and the defence - but, just as with last season, when forwards and midfielders don't work hard enough in the press and tracking back - and don't play with positional discipline to protect the defence, they will get exposed. 

PS. Just think, Rovers leading light is a teenage free transfer let go by Preston. It shows how good Dolan is and can be but reflects terribly on the rest of the team and on the management. Moreover, I think we're asking too much of Dolan. He's expected to be our main goal threat, our presser in chief and, then, tracking back in defence, when other forwards don't. He's talented but he will get burnt out and or injuries.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

PS. Just think, Rovers leading light is a teenage free transfer let go by Preston. It shows how good Dolan is and can be but reflects terribly on the rest of the team and on the management. Moreover, I think we're asking too much of Dolan. He's expected to be our main goal threat, our presser in chief and, then, tracking back in defence, when other forwards don't. He's talented but he will get burnt out and or injuries.

Found the Clitheroe team sheet the other day with Dolan playing. Amazing how far he's come so quickly but you're right. We should not be placing the main workload and the burden of expectation on him. What last night showed was that whilst our kids are reasonably skilful and willing they are not ready to face the rigours of Championship football week in, week out without the help and encouragement of some older, more experienced, hard working pros. They need a game plan they can believe in, a leader who encourages and covers for their mistakes and some more physical types to give them space to play. 

• Like 3