BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Morecambe (h) 10/08/21

3 hours ago, GHR said:

Did anyone there last night get a good view of our penalty shout right at the death? I thought it was one but didn't have a great angle at all (was in JWU). Annoyed a few fans to say the least!

I was in the Blackburn End and it looked like a blatant dive to me, a very desperate attempt to throw himself to the floor. Might be wrong having not seen it back.

6 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

The “joke cup” that we won under Graeme Souness and the final in Cardiff was one of the best experiences as a Rovers fan in the past 60 years? The amazing thing is some joker “liked” your post

Hell fire Jim a lots changed since 2002! The cup has been completely devalued. Its essentially a competition for reserves teams for the most part until teams start thinking they have have a chance of winning it. Even the FA cup has lost a lot of its magic but I'd still MUCH prefer a good run in that. I didn't want to lose last night as I never do but it's not particularly distressing to me that we're out.

The frustration is we went fullish strength and went out. I for one wouldn't be critical at all if we had played Pike, cirino, davenport, mcbride, etc.

So we only managed to learn one or two things.

Carter looks ready to me to play a part. Looked comfortable on the ball, confident and physically ready too.

Magloire probably isn't quite upto standard. I doubt we will see him again, some instances of good defending but looked out of place especially with his distribution. 

Butterworth didn't show anything at all last night which is a shame as his cameo vs Swansea was very promising.

Pickering does some things well, he can cross for example but will need time to get upto the pace of things, can tell he is used to doing things a bit slower. He also won't be the most dynamic full back in the world. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

In 2017-2018 he actually won two FA Cup matches against Barnet and Crewe as we joined in at the first round that season.

Totally agree though, abysmal record and it is unacceptable.

After an appalling replay and shipping three at home. The away game, the lad from WBA on loan put in the most disinterested performance i can remember a player being ( rakeem harper ?) it snowed to and was bloody freezing.

2 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

The frustration is we went fullish strength and went out. I for one wouldn't be critical at all if we had played Pike, cirino, davenport, mcbride, etc.

So we only managed to learn one or two things.

Carter looks ready to me to play a part. Looked comfortable on the ball, confident and physically ready too.

Magloire probably isn't quite upto standard. I doubt we will see him again, some instances of good defending but looked out of place especially with his distribution. 

Butterworth didn't show anything at all last night which is a shame as his cameo vs Swansea was very promising.

Pickering does some things well, he can cross for example but will need time to get upto the pace of things, can tell he is used to doing things a bit slower. He also won't be the most dynamic full back in the world. 

thats a good and fair assessment

Finally seen the "highlights", got to say despite Ben B's Copa success he can't finish when it counts can he?

Some might think I'm being harsh there but it's 2 minutes 11 seconds of highlights, and in that short time he completely skies a good goalscoring opportunity, and passes back for another (which made no logical sense to pass back to someone in a less dangerous area).

One of those goes in it's game over.

Edited by booth
lack of sleep, grrr

26 minutes ago, booth said:

One of those goes in it's game over.

That would have only been 2-0 , It's Rovers weare talking about , no game overs unless we are 3 or 4 up with 10 minutes left 🙂 especially with the formation master general at the helm

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

That would have only been 2-0 , It's Rovers weare talking about , no game overs unless we are 3 or 4 up with 10 minutes left 🙂 especially with the formation master general at the helm

I think Morecambe's heads would have dropped if they were 2-0 down away, but I know what you mean.

In any case it's worrying that one of the players we're now relying for goals is not hitting the target, or passing the ball in good positions. What I see with BB is a lad with bags of confidence but it doesn't quite match his talent. I don't believe he's a confidence player at all as he always seems up for it and puts in a shift.

Edited by booth

Agreed,Brereton is a decent attacking non-goalscoring type of player. 

For my money,he looked quite at home in the CopaAmericana which I saw on BBC red button comfortable against some of the worlds best players but thats more technique and tippy-tappy. I dont think hes well suited against aggressive bully-boy type of football as purveyed by Morecambe(and our neighbours Burnley)for example. I also agree Carter needs a bit more game time and should start against Millwall. Looked reasonable to me in the defeat(its no picnic when the midfielders dont track back) and Lenihan or Ayala will probably soon be injured,unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...