BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

News From Other Leagues

in league 1, Good wins for Sunderland against Wigan and Wycombe against Stanley. Morecambe got a good point at Ipswich. Look like it will be good competitive league. I think Sunderland, Wigan, Wycombe and Ipswich will be changing for the top 2 spots in the league. 

In League 2, Gary Bowyer's Salford got a point with Orient yesterday. I think they should win the league this season. 

Portsmouth got a good win at Fleetwood. I expect them to be challenging for promotion. Think Sunderland, Sheff Wed and Ipswich will be top 6 too.

Orient will be a top 7 side under Jackett IMO. A very good manager for that level.

Anybody seen Smallwood’s goal at PNE ? Two deflections and it crept in by the far post. Great.

The lad Rathbone, son of Mick “ Basil “ Rathbone, who were supposed to be interested in came on as a sub for Rotherham yesterday in their 2-0 home defeat of Plymouth. One to watch ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

I put GMR on at 3-00 pm hoping for some Rugby League commentary. For some reason they were running an interview with the new Bolton manager. He’s a very ambitious and impressive guy. Let’s see if he can turn things around again this season.

” Where do you want to be in five year Ian ? “ - “ In the Premier League, hopefully with Wanderers “.

” Hand on heart where do expect Wanderers to finish this season Ian  ? “ - “ Promoted again “

What a difference in attitude and approach to the game.

• Like 2

Wycombe seem to be doing very well so far this season. The year in the Championship seem to have done well for the belief of their players and management team. It must be brilliant to support a team again, where everyone at the club is busting a gut to get you promoted again.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Yes, but he's looked pretty terrible so far. Walton has been a target for them all summer, so I think their ideal is Walton as first choice with Hladky as second choice. I don't think Walton would be going there to play second fiddle, anyway. 

Just now, DE. said:

Yes, but he's looked pretty terrible so far. Walton has been a target for them all summer, so I think their ideal is Walton as first choice with Hladky as second choice. I don't think Walton would be going there to play second fiddle, anyway. 

Cook getting a lot of money backing and players in. Almost rebuild the squad there. 

How have the fans react to this changes and the changes at the club overall since the new owners came in?

• Backroom

Cook has pretty much demolished the previous Ipswich squad and rebuilt it almost entirely. 

After multiple seasons of failure people here were happy for a fresh start with what seemed like a solid managerial choice and owners who were willing to spend money to improve the squad.

Unfortunately things haven't gone to plan yet. Cook's record overall (including his results from last season) is quite poor and Ipswich have failed to register a win in their first five matches having not faced any of the big teams yet. Already some boos and Cook Out posts from a small section of fans. 

Considering the overhaul they've had in terms of staff and squad it'll take a while for them to find their feet. They need to scrape a few wins soon though or they'll end up giving themselves too much to do. 

Edited by DE.

12 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Just watching the Notlob v Burton game. Quite a good watch to be fair.

Gotta say I like the look of the Bolton centre half, Santos. Looks a really good player. Right age at 26 too.

We don't need another center-half.

33 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

I never said whether we did or didn't. I just said he looks a decent player.

Anyway,  Chappers on now for Burton.

But you made it sound like in your opinion we should go for him. Well that is the way I read it. If i was wrong I apologise

• Like 1