BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

News From Other Leagues

• 4 weeks later...

That's extremely random. I had wondered whether his absence from the game over the past few years was because he didn't want to drop down to Championship level.....then he rocks up in the bottom half of League Two. Sure he could have done a lot better than that. 

Wish him well anyway, I'll always stick up for Hughesy after the job he did here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, frosty said:

That's extremely random. I had wondered whether his absence from the game over the past few years was because he didn't want to drop down to Championship level.....then he rocks up in the bottom half of League Two. Sure he could have done a lot better than that. 

Wish him well anyway, I'll always stick up for Hughesy after the job he did here.

There’s a lot of potential at Bradford if he can get it right.

• Like 1

Its just very strange. I mean I get him dropping down a level to rebuild his reputation, I get that Premier League and even Championship sides might not have been too keen on him and try and get back to where he was. But League Two? He'll be 59 in November, barring a complete miracle they aren't going up this year so have next season to get through at least. He's perhaps got 5 years or so in the tank as a manager, yet will be spending at least the next 18 months in the bottom tier going to Harrogate and Sutton.

Yes Bradford have potential but realistically they are at least 3 years from getting to the Championship even if he works miracles. By the time they've got there or above he will be nearly retired.

I expected him to get an international job somewhere or perhaps in the US.

Wow. I had to read that twice to make sure. It's an odd move for him to go so far down the football pyramid. Excellent appointment for Bradford though.

A few on here felt there was no chance he'd come here to replace Mowbray. I think this shows we could have easily got him back if there was any desire from the club to do so.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I see Phil Brown has been appointed manager of Barrow. I thought they could have done better by appointing Tony Mowbray. Ah well, not to worry.....

I like Barrow. I hope he gets them playing well enough to hold their own in that league.

• 1 month later...