BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

My problem really isn’t with Mowbray I think he’s done a good job with the development of our younger players as well as bringing stability to the club when it was manic and got the owners to trust him and see what the team could become and although controversial I believe that with a different CEO he potentially could have the club in a better place than it is at the moment. 

sadly as a younger fan I was either too young or wasn’t alive to see the club in a better place and can only remember the last decade that has been like a rollercoaster. However believe that the owners of the club do care about the club and the support that they have shown not only in the past year throughout the pandemic as well as backing us with the funds for two big money signings and with a better CEO again could have put the Club in a better position. 

when we compere ourselves with other team ranking 7 in attendance out of 10 with the other teams below having smaller stadiums you have to think without a change somewhere at the top of the club tree that it is only going to get worse year by year with waggott trying to compensate for dwindling numbers with higher prices it has really showed that he doesn’t know what he is Doing and the fans are starting to lose hope with the lack of plan and communication from the club

if we look at Brentford for example who have looked at players across the world and have staff such as directors of football ( Which could potentially ease the work load on waggott )and could help us make signing to make us competitive without spending as much as we would with players from the prem who cost considerably more than players from Europe but without another key member of staff in a European scout and the lack of urgency to replace him I doubt that we will be making many signings from Europe which could be cost effective such as kaminski who came for a low Price an won player of the year. 

to put it bluntly lack of new ideas in the backroom staff ,wild and clueless negotiations and clever spending, for example spending 5 million on a Southampton youth player when we could bring in someone at half the price from Europe and still have the funds left over to buy other players who we could get on the cheap like Brentford I really don’t see the situation getting better for the club and the fans which hurts for someone who has never really had  the opportunity as a sort of grown up to see Ewood packed and rocking and without a change soon it looks like I might not be able to see it in the near future 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Makrover said:

My problem really isn’t with Mowbray I think he’s done a good job with the development of our younger players as well as bringing stability to the club when it was manic and got the owners to trust him and see what the team could become and although controversial I believe that with a different CEO he potentially could have the club in a better place than it is at the moment. 

sadly as a younger fan I was either too young or wasn’t alive to see the club in a better place and can only remember the last decade that has been like a rollercoaster. However believe that the owners of the club do care about the club and the support that they have shown not only in the past year throughout the pandemic as well as backing us with the funds for two big money signings and with a better CEO again could have put the Club in a better position. 

when we compere ourselves with other team ranking 7 in attendance out of 10 with the other teams below having smaller stadiums you have to think without a change somewhere at the top of the club tree that it is only going to get worse year by year with waggott trying to compensate for dwindling numbers with higher prices it has really showed that he doesn’t know what he is Doing and the fans are starting to lose hope with the lack of plan and communication from the club

if we look at Brentford for example who have looked at players across the world and have staff such as directors of football ( Which could potentially ease the work load on waggott )and could help us make signing to make us competitive without spending as much as we would with players from the prem who cost considerably more than players from Europe but without another key member of staff in a European scout and the lack of urgency to replace him I doubt that we will be making many signings from Europe which could be cost effective such as kaminski who came for a low Price an won player of the year. 

to put it bluntly lack of new ideas in the backroom staff ,wild and clueless negotiations and clever spending, for example spending 5 million on a Southampton youth player when we could bring in someone at half the price from Europe and still have the funds left over to buy other players who we could get on the cheap like Brentford I really don’t see the situation getting better for the club and the fans which hurts for someone who has never really had  the opportunity as a sort of grown up to see Ewood packed and rocking and without a change soon it looks like I might not be able to see it in the near future 

For a young man you have an old head on your shoulders.

19 minutes ago, Makrover said:

Unfortunately the boat has temporarily sailed for a Club like ours in terms of signings from Europe. 

We dithered and dallied in terms of setting up some form of European Recruitment for at least 18 months to 2 years then by the time we finally got something set up Brexit had happened.

Fairly typical of the shambolic  inertia within  the Club.

2 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

For a young man you have an old head on your shoulders.

Hoping that this is a compliment 😂😂. But I feel that with all the talk of us trying to oaky modern football it’s hard for us to do that with the rest of the club stuck in the past

Yet i get told by a 'sooperfan' on twitter that i should email Steve or attend the forums to air my views. Then he'll get back to me or answer in person. My reply was it's a bit pointless and i don't really think i'd fit in they wouldn't like my line of questions, to which i got no straight answer only some abuse from a big man hiding behind his keyboard and alias name account.

Very odd bunch some of our lot, nodding dogs you might say.  

There's a reason neither he nor that venky stooge in the shadows will front up and there's a reason they were hiding the STC stuff.  Because they can't lie straight in bed let alone in front of people who don't swallow the company spiel. Although quite why he'd swerve the LT and their soft ball questioning iv'e no idea.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

Hardly said a word in public in his whole time here, the compete radio silence throughout the lockdowns was particularly striking… until the Brockhall disgrace emerged, and he was then straight on the club’s media spouting some mealy mouthed platitudes.

Sums up his priorities.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, StubbsUK said:

He's done a very poor job as CEO since he took the job. His approach to making money seems to be either sell it off or increase the price. It's like he's never heard of the price elasticity of demand!

There's been no effort made to capitalise on the return of fans to football, no special offers, other than the feeble "Back to Live" ... campaign? Can you call a few social media posts a campaign?

There should have been cut price tickets to the first 10 games, which would have seen an increase in numbers, especially given the fact we haven't had an awful start to the season.

I would have made the 1st home game a "pay what you like" game, ensuring a good crowd and boosting the revenue from concessions. (Stats show that most people still pay the full price, and the increase in sales more than makes up for those that don't.) Even just the novelty of it would have brought people in.

There's been no attempt to cash in on Breretonmania except a couple of piss poor t shirts in the club shop. With travel restrictions like they are it's hard to arrange a friendly but something could have been done, we didn't even have Chilean national shirts in the club shop!

I would have liked to have seen a novel approach to season tickets too, rebranding them more like the "all you can eat" offers from cinemas where you get to as many films as you like. Make the season tickets a flat price (less than what they are now) and if you want to go in the posh seats you pay an upgrade per game.

The new ticketing system is a disaster, I've not been able to buy a single ticket through it yet. First it said tickets were all sold out, then it kept them on sale to season ticket holders longer than it should and now it won't accept my credit card, even when I ring up and use the same one, it accepts that.

I had an idea for a twenty (or something) game season ticket for shift workers and schoolchildren who can't always get to night matches. You buy the seat and use it for any twenty games and give the club seven days notice if you can't go and they can then sell the seat. Anything over the twenty games have to be paid for but perhaps some concession on the price.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I had an idea for a twenty (or something) game season ticket for shift workers and schoolchildren who can't always get to night matches. You buy the seat and use it for any twenty games and give the club seven days notice if you can't go and they can then sell the seat. Anything over the twenty games have to be paid for but perhaps some concession on the price.

Everything is price dependant. Waggot would probably charge £20 per game, which would work out as the same price as a full season ticket.

Edited by rigger