BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't know the full ins and out of the situation but I have to been on the rovers ticket site and I can buy 2 tickets for the Bradford cup game very easily 

Yes I know, and as I said earlier it almost certainly won't be an issue for this fixture as we will have a large allocation should we want it and the ground will be half empty

But the gripe I have isn't with the availability of tickets, it is with the fact that I have been effectively forced into paying extra for 1875 membership. How is that? Well the Club have said that if I don't pay that extra money then I'm 2nd in the queue and as a result might not get tickets for away games. I also can't get seats next to my mates who are members because they can buy as soon as they go on sale whereas if I'm not a member I can't.

Then having sold me that membership, which I didn't really want in the first place, it is absolutely worthless when getting cup tickets for Bradford. So why did I bother?

If we progress and play Barrow, Fleetwood, Dingles in the next round tickets will be highly sought after. Will my membership count for anything then or will it just be 'tough luck'?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yes I know, and as I said earlier it almost certainly won't be an issue for this fixture as we will have a large allocation should we want it and the ground will be half empty

But the gripe I have isn't with the availability of tickets, it is with the fact that I have been effectively forced into paying extra for 1875 membership. How is that? Well the Club have said that if I don't pay that extra money then I'm 2nd in the queue and as a result might not get tickets for away games. I also can't get seats next to my mates who are members because they can buy as soon as they go on sale whereas if I'm not a member I can't.

Then having sold me that membership, which I didn't really want in the first place, it is absolutely worthless when getting cup tickets for Bradford. So why did I bother?

If we progress and play Barrow, Fleetwood, Dingles in the next round tickets will be highly sought after. Will my membership count for anything then or will it just be 'tough luck'?

well the week to go to putting them on open sales makes sense really given that its league cup game. I see your point if we were talking about a league game I totally get it. 

As Rovers advertised tickets only available online through Bradford this morning they have the responsibility. Because I tend to believe things I see on our official website I bought three tickets online through Bradford. I paid £1 extra booking fee for each ticket which I wouldn't have done had I, as I usually do bought them from Rovers ticket office. It's not about the money but there is a principle here and once again we are talking about something which should be a simple process but isn't.

I will be contacting Rovers about the £3 being refunded.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I wouldn't be surprised if any future "improvements" in the club's overall strategies are what fans have suggested and Swag is making out that these are his ideas?

To be honest I wouldn't have a massive issue with that - it doesn't really matter who or where the ideas come from as long as they benefit the club and the supporters. I guess it also means that he/the club is listening.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I've just watched Lorient v Clermont Ferrand in Ligue 1. Tickets cost €8 each. Lorient's last match a fortnight ago was cancelled because a combination of the Interceltique festival and the continuing drought here in Brittany made it unplayable so a new pitch was laid and it was a good surface. That's how to do your job, Mr Waggott. Affordable tickets for a poor town.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Good thing about GB coming in is we don’t now hear half as much claptrap from this plonker… though maybe that’s a worry in itself, more time on his hands for god knows what.

Unusually scarce yesterday at a busy Ewood for the celebration dinner