BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

• Backroom

The sponsors are just as bad, they did a Twitter competition for corporate hospitality for 10 people for the Swansea game and as far as I can see didn’t actually pick a winner so just got the exposure of lots of retweets 

Edit - corrected below it seems they did pick the winner just maybe didn’t announce it 

Edited by Tom

5 hours ago, Tom said:

The sponsors are just as bad, they did a Twitter competition for corporate hospitality for 10 people for the Swansea game and as far as I can see didn’t actually pick a winner so just got the exposure of lots of retweets 

Recoverite? Pretty sure (95%) I saw a tweet from one of the winners about attending the game on the day

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom said:

I doubt they'd get away with that kind of thing even here.

• 3 months later...

Well done guys. Thoroughly enjoyed listening in (whilst trying to build some boring reports) and felt what you had to say contained some good and useful insight which helps to contextualise a lot of what hear from the club and the grumblings of supporters.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/articles/steve-waggott's-year-end-appraisal/128

A video in which Glenn from RoversChat & me try to explain the finances over the last four years & offer some explanations & suggestions…

A2C0BFB4-65A1-4BFB-A2C6-1B8F2F5EF69B.jpeg

CB487A00-2C72-4D98-A679-C7B525CAC6A7.jpeg

Good job.

We can scrutinise and analyse till the cows come home but if the people running the show are oblivious to things like this you feel our opinions are just a distant echo.

Who runs the commercial side of the Club?...it is woeful.

• Like 1

• Backroom

My understanding of his role is that he's currently undertaking a sort of market research, before really getting into the role proper next year.

I'd imagine a lot of it currently is meeting with various parties and working out how he can tally any targets he's being given by the board with the reality of commercial at Rovers.

I don't think he has any interest at all in ticket offers, for example, but more how the club can generate income from things like graphics on kids' mobile games, or 'Influencers', and stuff like that.

It sounds laughable at first but then, having asked my cousin's and mates, their kids would sooner spend £20 of their pocket money on a blue and white 'skin' for their online racing cars and characters than buy a matchday ticket.

If they spend that AND Dad buys them a ticket, that one child has generated 2x income than from pure ticket pricing.

It's an interesting area tbh, but not one I can fully relate to. Perhaps my equivalent is making my FB profile picture a Rovers one or something.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Bloody hell £20 pocket money spent on a graphic for a game? I would never have saved up 20 weeks pocket money and wasted it on a 'skin' hahaha.

Unfortunately we're no longer in the days of a 10p mix, or even 20p mix for the rich bastards! 😂

I actually count myself as lucky these days. My youngest is 16 & just wants  Rovers training gear, shirts,  phone cases etc. Younger than than they want a blue & white halved racing car driven by Lewis Hamilton. 

If it works then fair play,  revenue will be up, but we need bums on seats. BBD doesn't give a shit if you've got a name on a shirt, or his name on the side of a racing car. Diaz, Diaz, Diaz  is what matters!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ulrich said:

Bloody hell £20 pocket money spent on a graphic for a game? I would never have saved up 20 weeks pocket money and wasted it on a 'skin' hahaha.

If you think that’s bad, wait till you see the prices for some of the NFTs floating about. It’ll make your head spin.

(Non fungible tokens)

I wonder if you could make a short video of Shearer scoring his first goal into an NFT or sell each brick in the stadium as an NFT.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, StubbsUK said:

If you think that’s bad, wait till you see the prices for some of the NFTs floating about. It’ll make your head spin.

(Non fungible tokens)

I wonder if you could make a short video of Shearer scoring his first goal into an NFT or sell each brick in the stadium as an NFT.

Just heard on radio today that Nike has bought an NFT company because they are planning on expanding to Zuckerberg's crazy metaverse. 

So, let me get this straight, the kids are going to be asking for money to buy trainers that are never going on their feet because they don't exist. 🤦‍♂️

My child spends money on that crap I swear to God they're walking to the shop on bare feet. 

• Like 6