BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

6 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Inside the ground... advertisment for utter neglect.

IMG-20211218-WA0003.jpg

lol,that bloody thing has been there since ladbrokes used to it,circa 2002,agree about the neglect,one lad,a hammer and a skip would soon solve the problem

on the leaks in the riverside,the roof is`nt leaking,was the frost thawing out,i got a bit of it myself,the riverside is fine and gives a rustic feel to the ground😉

Has the fat man ever actually walked around the stadium or can he only find his way in and out of corporate ?

Does he even realize all this like the weeds last summer reflects on him and not those thousands of miles away ?  

He doesn't need a premier league budget to keep a stadium clean and tidy.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

People I know were being dripped on in the Riverside yesterday. Wasn't even raining. The whole stand is knackered.

Jack long since had his money's worth. Time for Venkys to start investing in the club and building their own legacy.

Thats been going on since 70's that I know of.

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

People I know were being dripped on in the Riverside yesterday. Wasn't even raining. The whole stand is knackered.

Jack long since had his money's worth. Time for Venkys to start investing in the club and building their own legacy.

It was me and my son who were dripped on. Although irratating it wasn’t the end of the world. To say it’s a shithole is over the top. We have perfect views and I wouldn’t change it for the lack of atmosphere in the Jack Walker stand.

• Like 5

Nothing wrong with nostalgia in the Riverside. I spent my first few years supporting Rovers there and have nothing but fond memories. There is still no excuse for letting it decay and have rubbish strewn around. I’m sure a little TLC would not go amiss and not result in a disproportionate increase in prices.

• Like 6

I grew up initially in the Blackburn End enclosure, then switched over to the Riverside with my dad. He still sits in the same seat now but with my lad instead many years on. Its definitely not just a price thing as he splashes cash like its going out of fashion. Of course it's not fancy and yes it does look a bit out of place but it most certainly serves a purpose as there's probably many more like my dad. I migrated to the Blackburn End when I got a bit older purely to sit with mates but wouldn't have an issue sitting in there again at some point.

• Like 1

When I was a season ticket holder I was in the Blackburn End. Second row just in line with the six yard box. What a view.

Was I to go back nowadays it would more than likely be in the Riverside. I've always had an admiration for that stand, it has real character.

It's a shame Waggott can't be assed with doing any maintenance.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 1

Does it contain memories? Of course. But the 1990 re-build (that’s 1990, not 1890), is a cheap ramshackle eyesore thrown up to sort out what was now an open terrace, it is a poor piece of infrastructure compared to what it replaced, and always was. THAT earlier version of the stand had tradition and was ‘rustic’.

This version is only three or so years older than the rest of the ground, so what ‘heritage’? Jack himself hated it - if  it wasn’t for the unfortunate events of the ‘99 relegation followed by Jack’s tragic death soon after, it would’ve long been pulled down by now…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

The plan was for it to go in the late 90s. See link:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18489397.otd-rovers-put-hotel-ewood-expansion-plans-hold/

Events of that period prevented it, and a long decline this past decade has seen it kicked far into the long grass.

It obviously isn’t going anywhere, so I’m just taking wistfully about what might have been, but of course it still needs cosmetic work done to to it, but just like the disgrace that is large parts of the rest of the ground, that obviously isn’t going to be forthcoming either.

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

You obviously didn’t go to away games in league 1!

Maybe there are worse, but I bet there is nothing to compare it to, from clubs with Billionaire owners. As is stated, there is no excuse for it, as even FFP does not come into play, when spending money on ground upkeep.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lraC said:

Maybe there are worse, but I bet there is nothing to compare it to, from clubs with Billionaire owners. As is stated, there is no excuse for it, as even FFP does not come into play, when spending money on ground upkeep.

I agree however I am not convinced it is as bad as some seem to suggest.

The pictures you’ve posted; some leaves and moss, and a broken sign. Whilst I think this is worthy of discussion with the fan forum and SW, I wouldn’t call it one of the most pressing issues with Ewood park.

My main gripe this season has been the consistently bad service at half time. It was only easier Saturday because of attendance being lower in our part of the JWU.

Perhaps due to moving from riverside, (which I sat in for 25 years) I hardly see anything else of the ground these days (no need to walk round) but the concourse I go through is absolutely pristine, the toilets are immaculate, the seating area looks absolutely brand new.

Ive been to a few away grounds in the last few years that are utterly terrible. Both main Sheffield clubs are owned by billionaires and their facilities are horrendous. 

There is worse than that one picture I sent and all I would ask is that someone in charge of ground maintenance takes a look and perhaps sorts just a general tidy up out.

If this needs crowd funding, I am sure it can be arranged.

It's the usual case of leaving things too long & they eventually end up costing you more as things mount up.

Not major issues but, as another example, the push taps in the BBE toilets (Riverside End) haven't worked properly for years, you have to hold them down with one hand whilst washing the other. These will probably just need a new washer or something but are only about £10-15 each for new ones if they need replacing. In addition to this, one hand dryer only blows cold & the other has a broken 'flap' on it.

Again, these are just more examples of things being left and left. Eventually, all these little jobs start to add up to a lot. I take it SW has never heard of PPM ( That's Planned Preventative Maintenance Steve!)

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

I’ve had worse in my garage, it took a skip to clear it out after being nagged at. You know what they say ‘out of sight out of mind’ and that’s what happened here. Maggot has not got off his fat arse and walked around the ground. This is one for the Telegraph to expose, but wait a minute isn’t Sharpe his bitch.

It would make one hell of a social media story, if the fans crowd funded a couple of grand and sent it to the club, with instructions on what it should be used for.

I believe the club have been made aware of it, so let’s see what the response is, before that route is taken.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lraC said:

It would make one hell of a social media story, if the fans crowd funded a couple of grand and sent it to the club, with instructions on what it should be used for.

I believe the club have been made aware of it, so let’s see what the response is, before that route is taken.

It might sound like one of those “NMJ” things and I can understand people turning their nose up at it, but it would send a message.

Is it possible to actually walk around Ewood when there’s no matchday?

• Like 1