BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

They haven't been revamped as was initially expected and claimed to be necessary though, because they didn't want to fund it. So hard to credit them for standard maintenance.

The work that has been done is more than standard maintenance

9 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

I'm open minded at present, sort of at a crossroads.

There is certainly some positive things with a change in management but it was never forseen 18 months ago.

I've seen the latest business engagement brochure which has been quite well recieved.

I liked the retro shirts done last season.

I'm optimistic that we have a transfer budget,

We are an established championship side now, and although disappointed we couldn't sustain our promotion push, it was nice to feel we was actually in the race.

The rest is very much in the air, and proof will be in the pudding i guess.

I have my season ticket, looking forwards to getting my new shirt, and thankful that touch wood i get to see season 22/23

Glen, what do you know regarding Waggot and his retirement we'd been told would be happening this year?

I was really crossing my fingers hoping he'd get out of our club.

The longer he stays the more damage he's creating to our ever dwindling fanbase. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

They haven't been revamped as was initially expected and claimed to be necessary though, because they didn't want to fund it. So hard to credit them for standard maintenance.

I don’t call a full weave upgrade, new lighting, new sensors, new boiler systems for the under soil heating and new energy systems standard maintenance oh yes additional work to address the drainage in the riverside area of the pitch as well!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, damo100 said:

Glen, what do you know regarding Waggot and his retirement we'd been told would be happening this year?

I was really crossing my fingers hoping he'd get out of our club.

The longer he stays the more damage he's creating to our ever dwindling fanbase. 

Waggot is not retiring nor is he leaving - he has a contract until 2025 and will stay unless removed by the owners

5 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I don’t call a full weave upgrade, new lighting, new sensors, new boiler systems for the under soil heating and new energy systems standard maintenance oh yes additional work to address the drainage in the riverside area of the pitch as well!

Where have you seen this taking place?

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

They got all that done for £100k?

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20235418.blackburn-rovers-ceo-losing-lenihan-rothwell-nyambe-free-transfers/

Edited by arbitro

14 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The two new sets of lights purchased as a result of the height of the JW stand cost £75k apiece on their own - rovers now have 4 of those to use - if you’ve ever stayed inside Ewood after a game you will have seen only 2 of them.  The new pitch weave has been done by a very highly reputable company again not done on the cheap! It really does pay for one to do a bit of research before going to challenge the powers that be in order to dispel rumour and myth. The increased costs for fertiliser have been astronomical by comparison to previous years as a result of the upgrade pitch surface.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

The two new sets of lights purchased as a result of the height of the JW stand cost £75k apiece on their own - rovers now have 4 of those to use - if you’ve ever stayed inside Ewood after a game you will have seen only 2 of them.  The new pitch weave has been done by a very highly reputable company again not done on the cheap! It really does pay for one to do a bit of research before going to challenge the powers that be in order to dispel rumour and myth. The increased costs for fertiliser have been astronomical by comparison to previous years as a result of the upgrade pitch surface.

If you read the article Waggott says £100k is being spent on the pitches. Why would he say that if it's not true. That is my research - reading what the CEO tells the local media. It's not a figure I dreamt up, Waggott is quoted as saying it. So is he being untruthful?

And by saying pitches I assume this is for Brockhall too.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, arbitro said:

If you read the article Waggott says £100k is being spent on the pitches. Why would he say that if it's not true. That is my research - reading what the CEO tells the local media. It's not a figure I dreamt up, Waggott is quoted as saying it. So is he being untruthful?

And by saying pitches I assume this is for Brockhall too.

To be fair arbitro the actual quote is “probably a further £100k”

Depending how you read that it could mean a further 100k on top of usual costs or a further to money already spent 

As I've pointed to before after Waggott has referenced this 'investment'

- is this voluntary spending to try and make things better, or essential maintenance costs faced by most modern professional football clubs ?

- how does this figure compare to rival Championship clubs?

It all sounds great until you realise that actually in the scheme of things this is probably just the bare minimum needed to keep things ticking along and probably enhanced by years of corner cutting making problems worse

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

What happened to the total revamp after 30 years? Ah yes, the money wasn't provided, as much as you dress up what has happened, that is what didn't happen.

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

To be fair arbitro the actual quote is “probably a further £100k”

Depending how you read that it could mean a further 100k on top of usual costs or a further to money already spent 

I read it as a general expenditure comment like 'probably another £100k' on top of the other things.

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

What happened to the total revamp after 30 years? Ah yes, the money wasn't provided, as much as you dress up what has happened, that is what didn't happen.

Rovers have invested in a number of improvements and not just the standard maintenance after each season 

SW is budget-balancer who has no interest in customer service or satisfaction. In one of the most deprived areas of the country, he is slowly seeing how much money he can squeeze out of loyalty rather than any effort to try and attract new customers.  In the cheapest part of the ground, where people on a restricted budget will probably choose to sit, season tickets have gone up 35% since the covid-affected season. Thirty-five percent !!!

• Like 7

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Can you provide any evidence of this happening?

16 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Can you provide any evidence of this happening?

This was the article prior to the reconstruction at the final stages of planning:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19124191.rovers-ceo-outlines-2m-ewood-park-pitch-renovations-plans/

This was from the fans forum in May 2021:

"TS stated that at the last meeting the club were in the process of tendering for a complete reconstruction of the pitch at Ewood Park. SW added that a preferred supplier had been selected with a budget of close to £2m. Unfortunately, the economic situation in India and the amount of ongoing support the owners had been making through the pandemic meant that they were unwilling to approve the expenditure for a full refurbishment."

I may be mistaken and maybe that has happened, the total renovation, but I don't think so? If so then I hold my hands up but I suspect it would have been promoted on the official site and in the LT.

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

This was the article prior to the reconstruction at the final stages of planning:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19124191.rovers-ceo-outlines-2m-ewood-park-pitch-renovations-plans/

This was from the fans forum in May 2021:

"TS stated that at the last meeting the club were in the process of tendering for a complete reconstruction of the pitch at Ewood Park. SW added that a preferred supplier had been selected with a budget of close to £2m. Unfortunately, the economic situation in India and the amount of ongoing support the owners had been making through the pandemic meant that they were unwilling to approve the expenditure for a full refurbishment."

I may be mistaken and maybe that has happened, the total renovation, but I don't think so? If so then I hold my hands up but I suspect it would have been promoted on the official site and in the LT.

I agree, had Swaggot done all this work which was said earlier in the thread he'd have been all over it in the local media, Rovers website etc.

Seems like bollox to me unless further proof can be found by 1864?

Edited by damo100
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers have invested in a number of improvements and not just the standard maintenance after each season 

Can you tell us what these improvements are Chaddy?

Edited by damo100