BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Nottingham Forest (a) 18/8/21

Just show at least some kind of attacking intent from the start so we don't end up under the cosh so easily.

If he starts with BB and Gallagher wide and Dolan or another small player isolated up top and virtually writes us off as an attacking force i think i'll give up.

Forest  1    Rovers   1

Never a good omen when rovers come to play a team who have lost 2 on the bounce whilst we have started ok especially when it’s a midweek away game.

Always a difficult game at forest and although I have witnessed some great results at Forest I don’t foresee anything other than a defeat for Rovers.

2-0

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

Just show at least some kind of attacking intent from the start so we don't end up under the cosh so easily.

If he starts with BB and Gallagher wide and Dolan or another small player isolated up top and virtually writes us off as an attacking force i think i'll give up.

Forest  1    Rovers   1

Dont understand Mowbray... We have 2 big guys in Ben and Gallagher, but he plays the smallest one in Dolan as the striker.. Ben and Sam crosses the ball to Dolan. Makes no sense. 

You would want Dolan, Chapman, Rothwell etc knocking the ball into those 2 bigs, and let Dolan drop off of them. 

• Like 2

Just now, Iceman said:

Dont understand Mowbray... We have 2 big guys in Ben and Gallagher, but he plays the smallest one in Dolan as the striker.. Ben and Sam crosses the ball to Dolan. Makes no sense. 

You would want Dolan, Chapman, Rothwell etc knocking the ball into those 2 bigs, and let Dolan drop off of them. 

there`s no outball if you have a tiny centre forward like dolan ,the ball comes right back at you because he`s unable to hold it up and im`e convinced mowbray views playing big men wide and one smaller one in the middle as revolutionary,he won`t give it up because he sees himself as tactical maverick/genius,in reality though he`s a complete fool because only a fool keeps trying the same thing that fails every week in the hope that it will eventually succeed

• Like 4

For no discernible reason I really fancy us to turn Forest over. 
3-1 to Rovers with big Diaz coming back to haunt the Forest faithful and have them scratching their heads at where they might have seen this Chilean lad before, and Clarkson to mark his first game for his boyhood club with a late clincher after coming on as sub. 

2 hours ago, Iceman said:

The first half on Saturday with those 3 was ridiculous but to be fair on each player they still put a shift in doing the dirty work. Maybe that was just part of the plan but so many times when we had the ball it came to nothing because it was so disjointed and the ball wouldn't stick. His response was to have a rant at Dolan then haul him off at half time.

Young lad under the bus again because the manager plays him out of position but he didn't seem to be ranting at BB or Gallagher. Both were useless anywhere near the ball despite trying hard. I actually felt sorry for all 3 of them rather than angry because they aren't really good players each one has their good points. That system against that opposition didn't play to any of them, i can't see how not utilizing your own strengths is supposed to hinder the opposition.

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

there`s no outball if you have a tiny centre forward like dolan ,the ball comes right back at you because he`s unable to hold it up and im`e convinced mowbray views playing big men wide and one smaller one in the middle as revolutionary,he won`t give it up because he sees himself as tactical maverick/genius,in reality though he`s a complete fool because only a fool keeps trying the same thing that fails every week in the hope that it will eventually succeed

And that was the problem at Millwall in the first half. Despite all his endeavour and enthusiasm, he failed to hold the ball up to give us some respite and was too easily knocked off the ball by the physical Millwall defenders. It’s just not working and that is plain to see except from the man that matters.

Feel we may nick this one 2-1, Ayala and Gallagher.