BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Nottingham Forest (a) 18/8/21

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

We still look disjointed and unbalanced and keep going behind however we looked more stodgy and workmanlike.

This is what you need in this league maybe the manager has finally got to grips with it. Better to be getting pats on the back from your own fans for grinding out points doing the ugly stuff. Than getting plaudits from opposition managers who've just beaten you for trying to play the right way and being nice.

Carter must stay and the possession based game must stay in the sin bin.

Mowbray is benefitting from not having as many players to choose from. Bit of stability. Also he has to throw in the young 'uns because there's no alternative.

I suspect Carter would have gone out on loan if we'd had a full squad yet he's looking good enough just as Travis did when injuries forced Mowbray to play him.

Mowbray has not suddenly become a good manager and we should enjoy this start while lasts.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 8

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think that questions need to be ask about the patience of the Ewood faithful at this stage. No suggestion that we wont be patient in the ground. Questioning things on here is a different matter

For once an LT article I can relate to.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19523179.shift-expectations-blackburn-rovers-supporters/

14 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I don't often agree with Mowbray but his singling of the fans last night was absolutely right. As at Millwall on Saturday they were really vocal and encouraged the players throughout the two matches.

Just under a 1,000 too. Can’t knock that for midweek and available on streaming.

• Like 2

As mentioned - I think we may be looking better than we thought PURELY down to low expectations.

Maybe this is motivation for the team as there is a lot less pressure.

We lost a lot of games by 1 goal last season and we’ve managed to pick up points by one goal in three games so far, maybe this has been why set pieces seem far more organised - and defensively Ayalas influence is really professional and calming. Him and Lenny, pure unbeatable in the air last night.

Edited by JBiz

Good performance I thought 

Dolan still isn’t good enough up front for me. I’d much prefer Butterworth. I like Dolans energy but his head is down too much and the end product is rarely any good. 

Travis had a good game again. Carter, Lenihan, Ayala and Pickering all played well. 

Gallagher is just a nuisance but there’s not much else to his game. He’s clumsy and has a bad touch. Feel for him right wing but he does put the effort in and wins a lot of headers. Just wish he’d get more goals. 

Onwards. Big test vs Baggies but we can sneak a Win. I hate the Tesco carrier bags. 

5 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Good performance I thought 

Dolan still isn’t good enough up front for me. I’d much prefer Butterworth. I like Dolans energy but his head is down too much and the end product is rarely any good. 

Travis had a good game again. Carter, Lenihan, Ayala and Pickering all played well. 

Gallagher is just a nuisance but there’s not much else to his game. He’s clumsy and has a bad touch. Feel for him right wing but he does put the effort in and wins a lot of headers. Just wish he’d get more goals. 

Onwards. Big test vs Baggies but we can sneak a Win. I hate the Tesco carrier bags. 

Dolan is very young with a lot of raw ingredients. He's got a lot of qualities which you just can't teach like the ability to beat a man, a robust mentality and raw pace. Things he's weak at like final ball, finding space and generating power in his strikes are coachable.

I'd say he is someone who will keep improving as he gets more game time. He's fun to watch too as he's unpredictable, and you can't fault him for effort. Only 19 as well. Could be much improved by the end of the season.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, rigger said:

In one of the photos from the Forest game, on the official Rovers site. Diaz seems to be on Ayalas back with no shorts on. Is this some kind of Espanic greeting ?

Hispanic greeting. A kiss on each cheek.🤠

• Like 1