BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Nottingham Forest (a) 18/8/21

4 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Need to get something tonight. WBA will be very difficult, so we could then be looking at no wins from 4 (including Morecambe).

We lose this and we're still in the Death Spiral going back to Jan/Feb. A solo win against a Swansea team which kept creating our opportunities for us does not a renaissance make.

We'll learn a lot tonight about where this team is headed this season.

Edited by TheRoversReturn
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, den9112 said:

I have been having a few issues on the Rovers website especially trying to order a Forest ticket .however i found the option on Rovers Tv by going on the Rovers website (rovers tv )  and under matches the it should show you the next live game forest v rovers then hit match centre that should give you a link for upgrading your streaming subscriptions and then you will have 3 options first option is for the match pass for £10 .Hope this helps as it was the way i found it 

Al have a go later . Thankyou very much my blue and white friend 

2 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

We lose this and we're still in the Death Spiral going back to Jan/Feb. A solo win against a Swansea team which kept creating our opportunities for us does not a renaissance make.

I want Mowbray out as much as anyone and I understand the point you are making but fair’s fair, you can’t just discount or disregard every victory to suit the narrative. We also won a couple of dead rubbers at the end of last season which presumably you don’t count either?

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Sure its always the case at Forest, they adjust the home allocation accordingly if an away team doesn't sell out...

Ah..

Thought it was a bit strange but probably a fair explanation although a bit ott. I'm sure there'll be plenty room.

3 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

As mentioned, Hughton's managerial record is spectacularly good against us, he certainly had the number of Mowbray last season, too. Beat us 1-0 at Ewood, beat us 1-0 at the City Ground. I'd take a 0-0 bore draw here (and Forest HAVE been finding scoring difficult) but the obvious bet for this game has to be...

Forest 1 Rovers 0

They beat us last season thanks to an injury time goal and also Armstrong missing a penalty, wasn't really a tactical masterclass tbf!

• Like 2

• Backroom
19 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

They beat us last season thanks to an injury time goal and also Armstrong missing a penalty, wasn't really a tactical masterclass tbf!

Deflected goal too wasn't it. Or was that season before. 

I always feel like they beat when it's not really deserved. 

Seem to remember Lolley popping up with a 25 yard screamer out of nowhere one year, when we'd been well on top. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Sure its always the case at Forest, they adjust the home allocation accordingly if an away team doesn't sell out...

I went to Forest a couple of seasons ago and it was pay on the day - cash only, no cards. May have changed now for some reason.

It's all about the points not the player so he must play and play until he can't.

Points BEFORE players Tony, we really need to get as many on the board as quickly as possible. Leave the pissing about until you have no option.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Ayala has to play. It is the third game in, his body shouldn't already be creaking, especially as he is being managed in training. Plus the need is greater with no defensive reinforcements as of yet.

I'd take the opposite view here. 

Hes been good in the games he has played so far. If he can only play Saturday-saturday games then so be it. He's more useful to us fit then injured.

There's no point risking him breaking down because standard expectations are that a 30 year old centre half should be able to play more than 1 game a week. Imagine if for example spurs had taken that approach with ledley King he'd never have lasted as long as he did.

Ayala is a special case and needs to be treated as such.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Hes been good in the games he has played so far. If he can only play Saturday-saturday games then so be it. He's more useful to us fit then injured.

There's no point risking him breaking down because standard expectations are that a 30 year old centre half should be able to play more than 1 game a week. Imagine if for example spurs had taken that approach with ledley King he'd never have lasted as long as he did.

Sure but you have to gather we’re going to bring at least one CB in on loan, so we can rotate him later when we have alternatives. If he’s fit play him. He’s more than likely going to break down either way, so play him whilst we can and don’t have alternatives. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

And Spurs would not have won all those trophies.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, rigger said:

And Spurs would not have won all those trophies.

Was just using an example.

Tbf King started when they won the league Cup in 2008, helped them get champs league for example which he wouldn't have been able to do if his play hadn't been managed. The guy didn't train for years only played games, I'd wager that Ayala doesn't train much either. 

20 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Seems to be a lot of confusion over whether it's on the red button or not.

Sky's website doesn't have any of the games tonight listed, but if you scroll down it does for the next round of midweek games.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky

Not on red button tonight. Rovers TV if you're interested

• Like 1