BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Nottingham Forest (a) 18/8/21

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

With Nyambe injured, wouldnt the logical replacement be a straight swap, Pike for Nyambe? 

If Buckley is at right wing back then that is ridiculous. 

I think you’re spot on. 

5872EEDF-3345-4675-A29A-AEC02BF0CB3F.jpeg

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

With Nyambe injured, wouldnt the logical replacement be a straight swap, Pike for Nyambe? 

Ridiculous decision. This is an example of where I believe TM fails to trust our academy players, despite the plaudits he has for playing young players. This would be the perfect opportunity to give one of our top prospects game time and too see what he’s about. Buckley at RWB is a recipe for disaster.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Was just using an example.

Tbf King started when they won the league Cup in 2008, helped them get champs league for example which he wouldn't have been able to do if his play hadn't been managed. The guy didn't train for years only played games, I'd wager that Ayala doesn't train much either. 

For 99% of atheletes, if you don't train, you will not be at your peak of performance.

2 minutes ago, JBiz said:

I think you’re spot on. 

5872EEDF-3345-4675-A29A-AEC02BF0CB3F.jpeg

Utterly bizarre.

Should have been one straight swap, Pike in for Nyambe. Buckley has played as a full back before and couldnt have looked any more out of place.

I do hope that Gallagher is central but I wont hold my breath.

3 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I'd take the opposite view here. 

Hes been good in the games he has played so far. If he can only play Saturday-saturday games then so be it. He's more useful to us fit then injured.

There's no point risking him breaking down because standard expectations are that a 30 year old centre half should be able to play more than 1 game a week. Imagine if for example spurs had taken that approach with ledley King he'd never have lasted as long as he did.

Ayala is a special case and needs to be treated as such.

I totally get the desire to protect him but I think you first must look at the timing, its only the third game in, and we are short on the ground, so we cant afford to rest him.

I am not sure that defence is a position whereby you can be constantly rotating either, not good for continuity.

1 minute ago, El Tombro said:

Nyambe is a big loss. He is getting a reputation as a sick note with these constant slight injuries.

He’s had that “made of glass” tag for sometime but surely the job is for Pike? Maybe we’re well off and Carter’s playing RB with 4 at back.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Don't get Buckley at RB, but not surprised, this is Mowbray after all. 

Why not give Pike a shot? Even if not, Travis played RB at u23 level a lot so surely he would be more logical than Buckley? 

I thought that but then thought we’d miss his guile and bite in the middle more than buckley. Also it’s RWB… not RB. Apparently!!

7 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Ridiculous decision. This is an example of where I believe TM fails to trust our academy players, despite the plaudits he has for playing young players. This would be the perfect opportunity to give one of our top prospects game time and too see what he’s about. Buckley at RWB is a recipe for disaster.

But he has put in another academy player instead of Pike? The problem is not a lack of trust in academy players, 4 start in a very young team, and 2 others who would be right in contention are injured. It is just general poor management and bizarre decision making.

1 minute ago, JBiz said:

I thought that but then thought we’d miss his guile and bite in the middle more than buckley. Also it’s RWB… not RB. Apparently!!

Yeah just seen its 3 at the back - apparently. I don't know, we have Davenport available who could replace Travis, possibly even that new loanee, and then we have that Garett that impressed me a lot in preseason with his biting tackles.

I worry about Buckley there. 

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You mentioned the magic word - Logical. It's Mowbray picking the team. Perhaps we are trying out a back 3 and a half formation.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Surprised to see Buckley at right wing back if true and Dolan up top. 

Would have played Pike at right wing back and Buckley in midfield with Travis and Rothwell with Gallagher and Brereton up front

Exactly what I would have done.

Blimey, I agree with Chaddy.

• Like 2

I will believe it when I see it. I'm still convinced that Carter will be at right back in a 4-3-3. We stand a better chance with that formation.

With a 5-2-2-1, Forest will overwhelm Travis & Rothwell with numbers. It only takes a forward to drop off and for them to beat the press to outnumber us in the middle. If Rovers want to play with wing backs, they need to go with a genuine 3-5-2, that is, with three midfielders in the middle and two strikers.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

I will believe it when I see it. I'm still convinced that Carter will be at right back in a 4-3-3. We stand a chance with that formation.

With a 5-2-2-1, Forest will overwhelm Travis & Rothwell with numbers. It only takes a forward to drop off and for them to beat the press of the front three, to outnumber us in the middle.

You called it