BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1 hour ago, AAK said:

Hi all,

You probably won’t remember me but I was the talk of some inside info at times in the past, all legitimate, but in my latter posting days I became very aggressive. I apologise for my attitude. Turns out I was on the verge of alcoholism, and i have been through a rough few months since, well over 12 months now, it probably couldn’t have happened at a worse time. 

My life is still very much in the balance and I struggle daily, but I’m learning to deal better with things. Therefore if there is any posters out there who are past (well I say past, you’re never past with alcoholism) or present strugglers get in touch, I would appreciate it as much as you.

I am so happy to be back on here and talk about rovers.

Can I take this opportunity to apologies for my behaviour towards you in the past, we’ve bumped heads more than once AAK.

I wish you the best of luck and look forward to reading your posts in the future.

What balls to post the above, take a bow 👍

• Like 4

Very brave of you to publicly admit to addiction issues, and whatever else might go on in BRFCS land, I think when it comes to something like this you will receive much empathy and support. In fact, a few posters shared stories of alcoholism and the problems it has brought to them and their families in a recent thread (apologies, I can't quite remember which one it was). This included me, who lost my older brother at the age of 41 to alcohol related illness.

I wouldn't describe myself as an alcoholic but I do have a love/hate relationship with booze and I do drink too much of the hard stuff at times. Happy to listen to anything you want to talk about mate, just send a DM. I can't promise to have any answers but I can promise to be a sounding board.

Good luck and well done.

• Like 8

It is, as has been said, incredibly brave to come on here and admit to the problems you have been having. I'm sure we all wish you well and are delighted that you've reached a point where you can admit to yourself and to others that you need help and support because that's the first step to recovery and managing the ongoing situation. It won't be easy but there are plenty of people here prepared to listen if you need it. Best wishes and let's hope Rovers can continue to give us the performances and results we crave. Best thing to give a quick lift is a good result for your team!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Gav said:

Can I take this opportunity to apologies for my behaviour towards you in the past, we’ve bumped heads more than once AAK.

I wish you the best of luck and look forward to reading your posts in the future.

What balls to post the above, take a bow 👍

You didn’t have to say that pal, as I was the one being the idiot, but appreciate that mate. 

take care pal

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mike E said:

Well bugger me, I didn't know! Goes to show you never know what someone else is going through.

Good to see you back fella!

Hey Mike, thank you pal (Dorito)

• Like 1

On 18/08/2021 at 18:45, AAK said:

Hi all,

You probably won’t remember me but I was the talk of some inside info at times in the past, all legitimate, but in my latter posting days I became very aggressive. I apologise for my attitude. Turns out I was on the verge of alcoholism, and i have been through a rough few months since, well over 12 months now, it probably couldn’t have happened at a worse time. 

My life is still very much in the balance and I struggle daily, but I’m learning to deal better with things. Therefore if there is any posters out there who are past (well I say past, you’re never past with alcoholism) or present strugglers get in touch, I would appreciate it as much as you.

I am so happy to be back on here and talk about rovers.

I hear chamomile tea is good to relax, @Bigdoggsteelswears by it...👍

• Like 1

One of the books I read in Lockdown was in the realm of the hungry ghosts, a book about addiction. It's very difficult to beat, so well done on owning it and staying in recovery. 

I used to drink too much myself. I managed to stay off of the stuff for a whole year, that changed everything for me. It started a bit of a journey for me, I feel so much better now, but it all started with coming off of the sauce. The urge to drink has completely left me. I hope you can get to the same place. 

Best of luck 🤞 👍 

• Like 5