BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers players in popular music

Getting a bit bored of transfer non-entities so I thought, having just discovered that Bobby Svarc’s move from Colchester to Rovers is referenced in the Half Man Half Biscuit song, ‘Feel my Wraith (I read the news today, oh boy
Svarc rejects new Layer terms)…

Have any other Rovers players ever featured in song lyrics??? 

Colin Hendry gets a mention as well as the club in the song by Norweigen band Seven, called Blackburn (Rovers in his heart) , ten or so years ago.

https://www.sonicbids.com/band/seven6/

Edit it was 2009 https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/4654698.audio-norwegian-punk-rockers-record-tribute-blackburn-rovers/

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

Matt Jansen hasn't as far as I'm aware appeared in any song lyrics but did sing some cover versions on what I assume was a charity album. Was called in a league of their own. I did have it but not seen it for years. Probably in the loft I imagine. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

It’s not a rovers player but a rovers refrence. I think it’s in a beetles song ?

The Beatles track 'A day in the life' from their 1967 Sgt Pepper album was inspired by this Daily Mail article. Not a Rovers reference but a Blackburn one

daily-mail-holes-in-our-roads_01.jpg

• Like 3