BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Holding the management to account

I'm completely gobsmacked by the amount of positive comments I've seen today about Mowbray and the owners following the transfer fiasco. Not on here of course but other socials. I used to think they were mainly plants from the club but theres far too many for it to just be that!

I speak to many rovers fans, I'm in various groups on WhatsApp etc, I don't know anyone who's spinning ridiculous positivity like this, who the hell are these people?!?!

Screenshot_20210901-180719_Facebook.jpg

• Like 2

• Backroom

FWIW, I've heard of similar developments to Rev, albeit independently of Rev.

As mentioned, it all sounds hopeful, and I'll remain hopeful, but the owners getting it right (to put it politely) will have been a LONG time coming.

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes.

There is an immense amount of top level experience and expertise available to the Club within the group.

Notwithstanding the silly criticism on here of their QEGS background.

I don’t think anyone had issue with the QEGS background, more that it was sounding like a qualifier, indeed if I recall it’s what the post lead with previously.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I agree with the go after waggott bit.

Still think you'll split the supporter base with that. Some seem to think that the we are a well run club.

Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't, it would seem. The noises of communication sound promising but I will always believe it is more hope than anything else after 10 years of none.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's difficult to believe people like this aren't Club plants. Mowbray could gun both  of their parents down in broad daylight and they'd find a positive to it.

The LT comments section is the same. Quite ludicrous and anyone who comes out with any adverse comment is instantly shot down or labelled a troll or a Dingle.

Yeah we had someone who could actually shoot and hit the target all along 

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Let's not derail this topic please.

I am still unclear on the aim.

Is it to hold the 4 to account for reasons for their incompetence purely from a transparency point of view, with a view for them to carry on and learn from the mistakes that they have made? And look for solutions working with them?

Is it to hold them responsible with a view that they all resign? Which wouldnt happen surely.

Or is it with a view to hold them responsible to the point whereby the fact that they are not doing a good enough job is highlighted, which id agree with, in which case surely the owners should be the target?

The issue is in India. I admire the motivation and passion but just a little confused by the aim and direction.

3 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

"However I am led to believe that looking forward to next season and beyond there are genuine grounds for optimism and that certain changes have already been made behind the scenes which potentially could also be very positive."

Come on you tease, what is it Rev?

I think I've said about as much as I can and/or know already. The efforts to establish contact with the owners appear to have been relatively well received thus far and the process is ongoing.

There have been one or two changes behind the scenes already which seem to me to be very positive and which don't seem to have been announced any where unless I've missed it.

It also sounds as though there's a recognition that where we are isn't good enough and as though there is a genuine desire to plan with a view to kicking on next season.

As always the proof of the pudding will be in the eating but tbh it's the only thing keeping me going as the Coventrio (now the 4Cov with Park) blunder from one disaster to another.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think I've said about as much as I can and/or know already. The efforts to establish contact with the owners appear to have been relatively well received thus far and the process is ongoing.

There have been one or two changes behind the scenes already which seem to me to be very positive and which don't seem to have been announced any where unless I've missed it.

It also sounds as though there's a recognition that where we are isn't good enough and as though there is a genuine desire to plan with a view to kicking on next season.

As always the proof of the pudding will be in the eating but tbh it's the only thing keeping me going as the Coventrio (now the 4Cov with Park) blunder from one disaster to another.

Cheers for the updates Rev and I'm glad that it sounds like we have some hope going forward, because I'm not gonna lie, the outlook for Rovers was looking pretty bleak!

• Like 6

15 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Whoa. Didn't say that at all Matty.

I meant in relation to not being aware about what is generally going on at Ewood I.e. that management have allowed us to get into a situation where £30 m + worth of talent could walk away for nothing next summer etc.

As regards the specific question of Brockhall the simple answer is I don't know. My view is the owners don't need to sell a few acres of land nr Whalley and were probably initially spun a line by the Coventrio about a new world class training facility. However I could be completely wrong.

Do they know that Ewood Park is a disgrace and illustrative of a club in big decline?

• Like 1