BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Holding the management to account

On 01/09/2021 at 21:33, roversfan99 said:

I am still unclear on the aim.

Is it to hold the 4 to account for reasons for their incompetence purely from a transparency point of view, with a view for them to carry on and learn from the mistakes that they have made? And look for solutions working with them?

Is it to hold them responsible with a view that they all resign? Which wouldnt happen surely.

Or is it with a view to hold them responsible to the point whereby the fact that they are not doing a good enough job is highlighted, which id agree with, in which case surely the owners should be the target?

The issue is in India. I admire the motivation and passion but just a little confused by the aim and direction.

@RoversClitheroe would you be able to answer my questions please regarding the objective of your plan?

On 01/09/2021 at 21:33, roversfan99 said:

I am still unclear on the aim.

Is it to hold the 4 to account for reasons for their incompetence purely from a transparency point of view, with a view for them to carry on and learn from the mistakes that they have made? And look for solutions working with them?

Is it to hold them responsible with a view that they all resign? Which wouldnt happen surely.

Or is it with a view to hold them responsible to the point whereby the fact that they are not doing a good enough job is highlighted, which id agree with, in which case surely the owners should be the target?

The issue is in India. I admire the motivation and passion but just a little confused by the aim and direction.

i think its blatantly obvious what Rovers Clitheroe is doing by posting this here ..hes posting what the majority of fans are thinking ..to get at least one of the senior figures on a pedestal and answer a few uncomfortable questions and reasons why things havent panned out as senior figures were quite vocal in what would happen ..certainly transfer wise.

If it makes at least one senior figure squirm ..its a start. Not hard to understand 99..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I wanted to create a conversation surrounding the poor management of the club.

Then if possible speak to the relevant people and see what changes we as a fan group can make.

42 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

i think its blatantly obvious what Rovers Clitheroe is doing by posting this here ..hes posting what the majority of fans are thinking ..to get at least one of the senior figures on a pedestal and answer a few uncomfortable questions and reasons why things havent panned out as senior figures were quite vocal in what would happen ..certainly transfer wise.

If it makes at least one senior figure squirm ..its a start. Not hard to understand 99..

I was just trying to understand the exact aim, I am not pouring cold water over it.

Is the aim merely to get some transparency, to find out who decides on the managers future, on who is responsible for the inability to get in a striker, to find out how much money we had, who speaks to other teams etc? Just purely to get some questions and keep communication up?

Or is it more hostile, is the aim to try and get some or all of the management team out? Press releases, meetings and protests, in which case, shouldn't they be aimed to pressure the owners who can sack these people rather than directly at them? Or is the aim not necessarily to cause them to lose their job but just to feel uncomfortable, and as you say HowieFive0, "squirm?"

Shouldn't the targets be those in India? If so, is that even possible?

36 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You'll be fine on here, but how many is there?....go on twitter and you'll be dismayed by the amount of love for the management at our club....🤷‍♂️

So maybe some humility about the prospect that BRFCS doesn’t have a monopoly on attitude would be appropriate?

No? I didn’t think so 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, steelcityblue said:

So maybe some humility about the prospect that BRFCS doesn’t have a monopoly on attitude would be appropriate?

No? I didn’t think so 

No, just being realistic as part of our fanbase doesn't know it's arse from its elbow.  

Just my opinion mind. The Mogga Maniacs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

No, just being realistic as part of our fanbase doesn't know it's arse from its elbow.  

Just my opinion mind. The Mogga Maniacs.

Indeed. Just your opinion. Not necessarily better than anyone else’s…as the volume of differing opinions shows (elsewhere) . We all love the Rovers. 

• Like 1

Wow - the debate around who is to blame for the mess we are, or whether we are actually in a mess - is worse than Brexit.

I predict the winner will be who can come up with the best catchy slogan 😀

I think we can all agree it started with the new owners - but after that it is open to debate. In my mind the one thing that is certain that there is no way they want us to be a failure - after all why would you want to waste £200m, and damage your reputation ? 

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I agree with Sparks, feel like the level of knowledge within the group around ongoings etc is much higher than everywhere else.

Not sure I agree. There is

alternative commentary elsewhere on the Rovers. Much of it intelligent and researched. Take a look at Rovers Chat. 

• Like 1

Ha, same, I was looked at aghast when I brought him up as being one of the club’s many issues at the Swansea game.

I would say of all the folk that sit around me at Ewood and all the people I go away with, I’m the only one that even has a vaguely negative view of his suitability as manager.

Edited by Mattyblue

I very rarely comment on here but read a lot.

Most of what is written aligns with my views.

However, it often comes across to me that any other opinions in the fan base are sneered at as though they are from less intelligent/clued up supporters.

I know of people who have stopped using this site for thst reason.

• Like 4

Starting to believe a lot of our fans are living in a bubble...they simply don't want to address the situation nor face the harsh reality of our plight.

Everything's ok so long as they get their Saturday football fix....'not my problem mate,just get behind 't lads!!

If that is the case we have little to no chance.

image.png.a3bf22a62d0355ef82780fd7d76d8f99.png

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, Beafo said:

I very rarely comment on here but read a lot.

Most of what is written aligns with my views.

However, it often comes across to me that any other opinions in the fan base are sneered at as though they are from less intelligent/clued up supporters.

I know of people who have stopped using this site for thst reason.

FWIW This viewpoint has also been shared with me on many occasions. 

• Like 1

Getting a balance on online forums is very difficult, this place obviously skews one way, the LT comments section completely the other. If you get a critical mass of say 3/4 of folk thinking one way,  it will attract more folk with similar views and those opposed will either keep quiet as they fear a pile on or will just stop bothering - ergo said forums become ever more entrenched.

It’s another example of ‘echo chambers’. The most well known example being the day after an election when a certain party wins, yet those on Twitter will cry ‘but I don’t know ANYBODY who votes for them!’ … well, that’s kind of the problem.

• Like 2