BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Holding the management to account

The names of Scottish clubs have always fascinated me. We all know that Rangers and Celtic are from Glasgow. But St. Mirren are from Paisley, St. Johnstone are from Perth, Morton from Greenock, Raith Rovers from Kirkcaldy, Queen of the South from Dumfries. The list goes on.

If Rovers ever go the way of Bury and a phoenix club rises from the ashes, we could call ourselves "King of the North" or " Kings of Lancashire".

Finally a question. When did The Rovers play The Spiders?

7 minutes ago, bazza said:

The names of Scottish clubs have always fascinated me. We all know that Rangers and Celtic are from Glasgow. But St. Mirren are from Paisley, St. Johnstone are from Perth, Morton from Greenock, Raith Rovers from Kirkcaldy, Queen of the South from Dumfries. The list goes on.

If Rovers ever go the way of Bury and a phoenix club rises from the ashes, we could call ourselves "King of the North" or " Kings of Lancashire".

Finally a question. When did The Rovers play The Spiders?

Queen's Park, that'll be one of our 1880s FA Cup exploits!

(Some great nicknames let alone team names up there - Honest Men, Red Lichties, Doonhamers... One of the things I have always wished Rovers had was a genuinely distinctive nickname. We obviously claim Rovers as our own, but I wish we had one that could be applicable to use and us alone. Something to do with our past industry as a town or glories as a club maybe.)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GHR said:

(Some great nicknames let alone team names up there - Honest Men, Red Lichties, Doonhamers... One of the things I have always wished Rovers had was a genuinely distinctive nickname. We obviously claim Rovers as our own, but I wish we had one that could be applicable to use and us alone. Something to do with our past industry as a town or glories as a club maybe.)

The Blakewaters. The Ewoodians. The Magnificents. The Quartermen.

Or, because we are the only club to receive a commemorative shield for winning the FA Cup three years in succession, The Shielders.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bazza said:

The Blakewaters. The Ewoodians. The Magnificents. The Quartermen.

Or, because we are the only club to receive a commemorative shield for winning the FA Cup three years in succession, The Shielders.

we could be called the shielders and try and dress up the fact there are empty seats everywhere

Edited by Oldgregg86

• Backroom

What I wouldn't give for a group of people who have the club's interest at heart.

I'm not necessarily talking about Williams, Goodman, Finn returning (as great as that would be). Hell I don't even think it needs to be fans.

Just a group of local, successful people who know how Rovers fans tick and how to steer the club correctly.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 5

It will just never happen under this lot like Gav keeps telling us. In fact they've gone to great lengths down the years to make sure it doesn't. Anybody will BRFC at heart and genuine knowledge of the club and football in general presents a threat to them because they'll advise things Venkys close advisers don't like.

They prefer to manipulate the ownership for their own interests. Meanwhile the ownership prefers to go along that route because their advisers do as they are told when the owners decide on something they want.

Vicious circle going round and round whilst the club flounders but those in the middle playing both sides make their money.

Been the case ever since these lot turned up it's just some of the characters have changed. Like any soap opera though the same plot lines get repeated every few years. End of the day neither management or the owners want it enough and neither set is capable of delivering it anyway.

• Like 2

Agree with all that Revidge Blue, especially the issues around the actual management of the Club assets. It feels like the 'beginning of this end' but unless the Owners get more involved or at least their Representative gets more involved/starts telling us what he is doing, then nothing can change.

A change of Manager and Management is actually a highly dangerous move under this Ownership.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

This thread has wandered off topic quite considerably over the course of it's relatively short life but the question posed by the original poster remains a valid one.

Imo The fans have to unite as far as possible whether as individuals or part of various fans groups to exert pressure on the management at Ewood.

Why wasn't the manager sacked last season after the 3rd worse run in the Club's history?

What's Mark Venus's role at the Club? If he is assistant manager, what's David Lowe's role at the Club? Subject to the answer to that, what's Damien Johnson's role at the Club? Why do we seemingly need three assistant managers?

How could we possibly let a 29 goal striker go and not sign a replacement? What has our new Head of "Recruitment" (that's a good one) brought to the table? I get that we may have been unlucky with a particular player who failed a medical but a replacement should have been brought in at the same time as Armstrong was sold. We shouldn't have been scratching around on the last day.

Why are we constantly loaning in Premier League youngsters? It doesn't benefit us in the long term and it doesn't benefit our own youngsters. All it does is benefit the Premier League Clubs concerned and those who benefit financially from the various moves taking place.

How have most of our key players been allowed to get to the stage where they can walk away for nothing within the next 12 months?

Why were plans floated to flog off part of the Academy, the only fixed asset of any real value the Club possesses and Why were said plans then scrapped at presumably considerable expense to the Club?

Why can't the Club under the auspices of CEO Waggott get any of the mundane day to day running of Blackburn Rovers Football right? And why does everything that happens under his watch seem designed to turn supporters away from the Club?

Be it raising prices during a pandemic, removing affordable seating, match day ticket pricing, the match day surcharge, not keeping the stadium stick and span, promising a new pitch then failing to deliver, not following up on a promise to return cardboard cutouts to donors, hiking up charges in the Blues Bar, not having enough staff to cope with demand in the ticket office, not being able to get the new kit out in time, not making sufficient numbers of the new kit available for purchase, not having season ticket cards ready in time, introducing a more expensive and inferior Club TV channel, unavailability of away travel, the list goes on and on. Im sure there's more.

The owners put in £31 m in the last pandemic hit season to keep the Club afloat. Their level of financial support has been astonishing really and whilst the argument can quite rightly be made that much of that support has been necessary to cover for mistakes of their own making, my preference would still very much  be to combine their financial clout with a top class manager in the dugout and a competent management team at local level running the Club in such a way as to invigorate the fan base and win back some of the support lost over the last ten years.

Can sections of the support unite to that end I wonder?

I guess too many people know my attitude to the Venky's stewardship over the last decade. However, even I could get behind a new formula of Venky's backing plus a properly skilled, Rovers centred management team!

Sure, there would be many questions around why such a litany of toxic middlemen-Shaw, Agnew, Anderson, Singh etc in the past few years- BUT I would love to engage my energy in building for a positive future-without the likes of HSH etc ( MHead is right about the dangers of the current regime appointing a new manager).

Clearly, Venky's must have huge trust issues. I know for a fact that there are elite business managers out there with Rovers interests at heart......How to square the circle?.....(then I fell out of bed lol)

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 2

• Backroom

Lowest attendance in the league in 30 years, with over decade at this level and lower for comparison.

Slowly worn down Rovers crowds with his stupid tax, shit food, no marketing whatsoever in opportune moments, compounded by poor pricing and no direction at all.

Fuck off Waggott. Fuck off Mowbray. Fuck off Venus.

• Like 4

Was agreeing with RevidgeBlue's post until the end there. I would say that Venky's hiring a decent manager are two things that just will never be reconciled. It's a forlorn hope. 

An ex player once told me that the only thing Venky's will get right would be putting the club up for sale. I totally believed him. My worry is that they'll never sell us and we're just dying a very slow and painful death. 

I can see them disposing of us by crashing the club. Because at some point they'll get fed up of throwing endless amounts of money away

Edited by broadsword

The day after our lowest home league crowd in three decades up the road at Accy Stanley Andy Holt is busy with his free shirt day/giveaway, writing to all primary schools in Hyndburn inviting them to Stanley, free transport, to pick up their free replica shirts.

Anyone at Ewood worried, bothered, interested?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

The day after our lowest home league crowd in three decades up the road at Accy Stanley Andy Holt is busy with his free shirt day/giveaway, writing to all primary schools in Hyndburn inviting them to Stanley, free transport, to pick up their free replica shirts.

Anyone at Ewood worried, bothered, interested?

It's an absolutely fantastically ran club.