BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Moderation Lead

I think some people are over thinking Sterling and his shirt removal. I think he was trying to show it to the world, rather than specifically Hungarian fans, as the person who had died was obviously very dear to him.

It’s a unique take on something that players have been doing for years when celebrating goals….

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I don't really see why anyone should modify their behaviour to appease racists.

Players take their shirt off all the time, get booked, move on.

Stirling should get fined and censured for it, but same as taking his shirt off at any game.

It would not have been to appease racists. But to act professionally, and not antagonise a volatile crowd.

• Like 1

Regarding Sterling and shirt removal, everyone except Rigger seems to be missing the point.

He intended to remove his shirt during the game before going onto the pitch. He knew full well he would receive a yellow for it. That automatically lets his team mates down. I don't care how many others do it or have done it. It doesn't justify the intent and the action.

Just supposing something happened 5 minutes after he had scored whereby he received a second yellow. Southgate needs to address this with all of his squad.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, bazza said:

Regarding Sterling and shirt removal, everyone except Rigger seems to be missing the point.

He intended to remove his shirt during the game before going onto the pitch. He knew full well he would receive a yellow for it. That automatically lets his team mates down. I don't care how many others do it or have done it. It doesn't justify the intent and the action.

Just supposing something happened 5 minutes after he had scored whereby he received a second yellow. Southgate needs to address this with all of his squad.

Or maybe its you and rigger that are missing the point.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bazza said:

I completely agree with this - from a professional perspective he shouldn't have done it.

All I was saying that it was a racist hostile crowd makes no difference. Players equally shouldn't remove their shirt playing Luxembourg in an empty stadium for the reasons you say above (ie. they could get sent off/suspended).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bazza said:

The thought went through my mind - what if he’d have scored a goal after 5 minutes ? Does he go the rest of the game on a yellow card ? Southgate needs to have a word with him.

• Like 1

What is the ruling for taking a kick-off. Most games I watch one player usually just passes the ball backward. When England kicked off the second half, we had two player up for the kick, and it was played forward, like I always remebered them being taken. 

4 hours ago, roverandout said:

This is awful.  When we don't play our best team the backup players aren't up to it

The way he's trying to placate TAA is annoying me.  The guy isn't England's best right back, hard shit.  Why is he suddenly playing in odd positions.?

For me, TAA is a shocking defender, his positional sense is suspect when under pressure (relatively speaking)

Squad player at best.

My first visit to the "new" Wembley. Lovely stadium, shame about the football which was a festival of sideways passing and dull as ditchwater. It was like watching TM's Rovers, but without the excitement. England teams of the past with 2 wingers and a proper centre forward would have put 10 past Andorra, who would struggle to give Ramsbottom United a game

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

The way he's trying to placate TAA is annoying me.  The guy isn't England's best right back, hard shit.  Why is he suddenly playing in odd positions.?

For me, TAA is a shocking defender, his positional sense is suspect when under pressure (relatively speaking)

Squad player at best.

I thought James looked better in midfield.  Yet he drags him off as soon as he makes an impact.  Trent just never performs for England.  Whether its lack of passion or what. Kyle Walker is lightyears ahead of him. I would give awb a chance.  

0 subs in over 90 mins. 

Conceede last minute rather than just killing the game.

I know weve done well in tournaments but  I still think Soithgate has masively lucked out with this generation hes in charge of. Very very limited manager imo.

Any normal manager would have made 3 changes and killed the game after 75 mins. 

• Like 3