BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

What a fabulous game of football. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute; skill from both sides and lots of beef too.

We have the best England team that I have ever seen, and that includes the 1966 cup winners because the game has moved on such a lot. It's such a joy to watch.

I know they conceded a late goal to a very good, fighting Poland but watching how England play is heartwarming.

Those of you who remember Rovers in 1992 to 1998 and remember those good times make sure you appreciate England now because it may not last.

We must be top 6 in the world. 

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

they could have picked someone a bit more glamourous

Or someone who can speak English without a regional accent for a refreshing change. Seems mandatory on the tele these days. With the likes of Alex Scott and Beth Rigby who can’t pronounce g’s at the end of words and that cockney jabberer it’s a little much. 

37 minutes ago, bazza said:

What a fabulous game of football. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute; skill from both sides and lots of beef too.

We have the best England team that I have ever seen, and that includes the 1966 cup winners because the game has moved on such a lot. It's such a joy to watch.

I know they conceded a late goal to a very good, fighting Poland but watching how England play is heartwarming.

Those of you who remember Rovers in 1992 to 1998 and remember those good times make sure you appreciate England now because it may not last.

We must be top 6 in the world. 

Really?

England 1970 was arguably better than the 1966 team but that's a pretty strong statement

Not enough attacking spark with Grealish always looking for fouls and Mount again anonymous, and no proactivity again from Southgate to make any subs. A point was fair. Poland showed at the Euros that they are poor bar one player but we cant just blame the ref or external factors, we didnt play very well.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not enough attacking spark with Grealish always looking for fouls and Mount again anonymous, and no proactivity again from Southgate to make any subs. A point was fair. Poland showed at the Euros that they are poor bar one player but we cant just blame the ref or external factors, we didnt play very well.

A point wasn't fair. We had them on the ropes all second half.  They rarely threatened.  Lewondovski barely touched the ball. We should have been out of sight by the time they scored.  Yes we can blame the ref. Glik should have had a second yellow 10 times over.  He was awful the ref. Mount worked tirelessly and linked up well with Grealish.  As for Grealish he caused them all sorts of problems 

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

A point wasn't fair. We had them on the ropes all second half.  They rarely threatened.  Lewondovski barely touched the ball. We should have been out of sight by the time they scored.  Yes we can blame the ref. Glik should have had a second yellow 10 times over.  He was awful the ref. Mount worked tirelessly and linked up well with Grealish.  As for Grealish he caused them all sorts of problems 

We didn’t create one real goal scoring chance in 90 minutes. The Kane goal was a bolt from the blue from 35 yards out. We had plenty of ball but the Poles were happy to let us play in front of them, we just kept running up blind alleys out wide. I take my red, white and blue glasses off when I watch England.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Did we really threaten and create many clear cut chances? Mount again was anonymous, Grealish and Sterling didnt create much if anything either. Sometimes you have to look at yourself, and our attacking players were very quiet, its easy to blame the ref for your own failings but we didnt create enough to guarantee the win today. The manager was also wrong in my opinion to not freshen things up.

Poland are pretty poor too, one obvious world class player aside, they showed in the Euros that they are not a brilliant team so dropped points is poor although unlikely to matter from a qualifying perspective.

• Like 2