BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

These games are utterly pointless. 4-0 is par anything more and it’s still only Andorra anything less and it’s still 3 points. How the likes of Andorra, San Marino, Gibraltar, Cyprus, Malta, etc, don’t need to do their own mini qualifiers to get into the regular qualifiers is a mystery.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t see the point in high level professionals playing what is basically a non league side,you could easily pick up a serious injury easily in games like this,the andorans will be desperate to get their foot in at every opportunity

So ronaldo can ponce about with his stat pad claiming he is a better footballer than messi

4 minutes ago, roverandout said:

His hold up play. Technically he looks to have improved.  He actually played as a striker and didn't come deep. Also a great finish 

To me, his first touch throughout was poor. He did not stand out, against amateur defenders. I wouldn't put his goal into a class of, a great finish. Once the defender and keeper lost his position, he could not miss. 

Impossible to learn anything against such poor opposition. Abraham does however look rather clumsy and ungainly and the ball bounces off him too easily. I do wonder who would play as the striker if Kane got injured, no one really stands out. Greenwood is out of favour and is he a natural striker? Then the likes of Abraham, Calvert-Lewin, Watkins etc, none are top class.

I worry that Foden isnt seen by Southgate in his first 11. He is considerably better than Grealish, Mount and Sterling, and that is based not against a pub team tonight but consistently across the last 18 months. He is a special player.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Impossible to learn anything against such poor opposition. Abraham does however look rather clumsy and ungainly and the ball bounces off him too easily. I do wonder who would play as the striker if Kane got injured, no one really stands out. Greenwood is out of favour and is he a natural striker? Then the likes of Abraham, Calvert-Lewin, Watkins etc, none are top class.

I worry that Foden isnt seen by Southgate in his first 11. He is considerably better than Grealish, Mount and Sterling, and that is based not against a pub team tonight but consistently across the last 18 months. He is a special player.

Blimey, you've got some strange ideas

Calvert-Lewin is top class, a real talent. I'd like to see him get a run in the England team.  Pace and movement, and a natural finisher

Foden isn't "considerably better" than Grealish either. Grealish is a special player. He'd be my first pick in midfield. 

Agree that Greenwood needs to play, and I just don't rate Mount. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Blimey, you've got some strange ideas

Calvert-Lewin is top class, a real talent. I'd like to see him get a run in the England team.  Pace and movement, and a natural finisher

Foden isn't "considerably better" than Grealish either. Grealish is a special player. He'd be my first pick in midfield. 

Agree that Greenwood needs to play, and I just don't rate Mount. 

Mount is a very good player.  I agree with the rest of ur post 

Strength in depth wise we have an incredible squad.  Probably 2 top class players for every position or in some cases a top class player and an extremely good backup. We had about 9 players missing today yet still produced an assured performance albeit against poor opposition.  Not many teams come to Andorra and win 5-0. There are also players like Loftus-Cheek ali maddison barnes Greenwood awb Jones konsa etc who could come back in. I dont think there are many nations in the world who can boast such Strength in depth 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roverandout said:

Strength in depth wise we have an incredible squad.  Probably 2 top class players for every position or in some cases a top class player and an extremely good backup. We had about 9 players missing today yet still produced an assured performance albeit against poor opposition.  Not many teams come to Andorra and win 5-0. There are also players like Loftus-Cheek ali maddison barnes Greenwood awb Jones konsa etc who could come back in. I dont think there are many nations in the world who can boast such Strength in depth 

Dele Alli surely will never play for England again, he looks totally shot, he was a flash in the pan I think, embarrassing in the North London derby last week. We do have some good strength in depth but mainly amidst the players already being selected, not sure the likes of Maddison, Konsa and Loftus-Cheek would come close to worrying the bigger nations.

The pressure is on the next World Cup because of reaching the Semi Final and Final of the 2 tournaments prior, there is a natural expectation that we should be one of the favourites to win it for the first time in my life time anyway and if we fail to even match that last tournament final place, there will be strong pressure on Southgate to be removed, and the margins in tournament football are so thin. We have to build around Foden, that I am sure of.

• Like 1