BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (h) 11/9/21

Embarrassing dive. No need to be doing that Dolan. The whole “entitled to go down” thing is ridiculous. If you are making a conscious decision to go down under contract it’s a dive, and it’s cheating. For all the moaning about refs that goes on, often justified, their job is made all the more difficult by players trying to deceive them. Clubs, fans, players and managers need to stop seeing this particular form of cheating as an accepted part of the game.

1 hour ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

No - not for his centre forward play - but his height at defending set pieces (not that it helped much when they equalised). 

Gallagher was absolutely wet in the air on Saturday. You could have swapped him with Tom Thumb and the number of headers won wouldn't have changed.

23 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Embarrassing dive. No need to be doing that Dolan. The whole “entitled to go down” thing is ridiculous. If you are making a conscious decision to go down under contract it’s a dive, and it’s cheating. For all the moaning about refs that goes on, often justified, their job is made all the more difficult by players trying to deceive them. Clubs, fans, players and managers need to stop seeing this particular form of cheating as an accepted part of the game.

It was a dive, cheating, yes, agree. And I've always hated it, it's a scourge on the game. But...

I've, only in the last couple of years or so I think, become one of those fans who has come to accept it as part of the game. Not because I want to, but it's been around so long now and the authorities have done next to nothing about it. At this point, if other sides are going to do it - and they are - I'd hate for us to lose out to their cheating...so, with gritted teeth, I don't exactly want us to do it but I'm willing to take what comes our way. Especially with how many legit penalties we don't get.

But again, I really don't like it being part of the game. I've said this for years, but all games should be watched back after, and ALL dives that weren't caught during the game be mandatorily punished with a yellow card. Any resulting in a penalty, punished with a red. The amount of diving would drastically reduce, quickly, as the suspensions totted up.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Anyone else that would have brought Butterworth on for Gallagher? His pace on the break instead of Gally lumbering around in his worst performance in the shirt would have seen us through IMO.

Yes. Gally had a shocker and Butterworth was the obvious replacement. TM instead decided to keep him but still completely mess up the entire formation of the entire team when 2-0 up. 

• Like 1