BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (h) 11/9/21

I'd like Buckley to be played in the deep lying position, alongside Travis, with Rothwell pushed forward. Last season, Buckley's best games were in that position. I'm not sure the moving him around to false 9, attacking midfield and so on are helping. Rothwell has also struggled when moved around but, I feel, is a bit more threatening in the attacking third.

However, I suspect Leighton Clarkson will start and Buckley on the bench.

I'm expecting a draw. Given the money we've spent, compared to Luton, we should win this comfortably but Mowbray is still scratching around for his best team and formation. I'm expecting Amari'i Bell to have a good game too, in his new lease of life as a Jamaica international.

Edited by riverholmes

9 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

I'd like Buckley to be played in the deep lying position, alongside Travis, with Rothwell pushed forward. Last season, Buckley's best games were in that position. I'm not sure the moving him around to false 9, attacking midfield and so on are helping. Rothwell has also struggled when moved around but, I feel, is a bit more threatening in the attacking third.

However, I suspect Leighton Clarkson will start and Buckley on the bench.

I'm expecting a draw. Given the money we've spent, compared to Luton, we should win this comfortably but Mowbray is still scratching around for his best team and formation. I'm expecting Amari'i Bell to have a good game too, in his new lease of life as a Jamaica international.

judging clarkson so far,it appears he`s a buckley clone,so id`e start the player who actually belongs to us,tony will probably do the opposite🤔

• Like 2

• Backroom
42 minutes ago, lraC said:

The first game ever for my Grandson today. He is aged 7 and been brainwashed by me. Hope we can get a win for him.

It’s my daughters first game too using her brothers season ticket, she’s 5 so I’m doubtful it’s going to hold her attention 

• Like 1

Butterworth has looked a good player every time he’s played. He’s twice the player Dolan is but just doesn’t run around like a headless chicken. 

Dolans work rate is fantastic but unfortunately I don’t think he’s got the vision for a top player. I’d much prefer Butterworth against the likes of Luton and play Dolan for the championship teams who think they can play like City, example being Swansea 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Butterworth has looked a good player every time he’s played. He’s twice the player Dolan is but just doesn’t run around like a headless chicken. 

Dolans work rate is fantastic but unfortunately I don’t think he’s got the vision for a top player. I’d much prefer Butterworth against the likes of Luton and play Dolan for the championship teams who think they can play like City, example being Swansea 

dolan is very raw but has got a lot of potential,he really needs a decent manager to bring it out of him,at the moment the best use for him to bring him on against tiring defenders

20 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

As mentioned Butterworth looks like he may start with TM saying in training he shoots with either foot and can smell opportunities. We need these new strengths on the pitch not just in training.

He was saying all this before announced Brererton is available.

Don't think he will start him now but hopefully he will get some minutes at least

12 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I've definitely seen Butterworth run around like a headless chicken before.

3 minutes ago, OsloRover said:

What’s going on with RoversTV? 
It says the video is unavailable in my country (Norway) but it should be as the only broadcasted match today is the Blackpool game. It even says so on EFLs website.

You just can’t ever trust RoversTV.

It's on Viaplay in Norway today thus ifollow don't have the rights. 

https://viaplay.no/sport/fotball/championship/blackburn-luton/s21090361515526647

16 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I really dislike Luton's manager... hope we absolutely spank them.

Can't see it. 1-1.

I’m no fan but at least he called out the Mowbray/fan boy myth about our budget by saying it how it is. Even if it was totally self serving from him almost making excuses pre match (straight from the moggasurus playbook) the reality is we do have a big budget in this division compared to a lot of sides. The fact we do nothing with it is another issue.