BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (h) 14/9/2021

I’d still go with the same starting XI. We all want to see more of Butterworth but I’d be tempted to bring him on for a significant amount of the second half. He might have flourished against a Luton team pushing for goals on Saturday but we’ll never know. Game management needs to improve markedly…we were lucky to hold on against Swansea, we didn’t have long to hold on at Forest. Against Morecambe and Boro we went to pieces and it’s a problem that affects the whole team. Kaminski kicks it into touch…the ball comes back at us, Gallagher fails to do the basics and hold up the ball, the ball comes back at us, Travis gets bypassed in midfield, the balls coming back at us. Keep the ball, win the game. So simple, so evidently beyond us. 

• Like 1

Gallagher has to be dropped, I cannot remember as poor a performance in living memory from a forward as Gallagher's on Saturday afternoon. Butterworth is the only option from our injury prone, skeletal and under funded squad to come in.

Clarkson could potentially come into the midfield for either Buckley or Rothwell too.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Gallagher has to be dropped, I cannot remember as poor a performance in living memory from a forward as Gallagher's on Saturday afternoon. Butterworth is the only option from our injury prone, skeletal and under funded squad to come in.

Clarkson could potentially come into the midfield for either Buckley or Rothwell too.

gallagher is`nt as bad as some of our past forwards,iv`e seen some right donkeys over the years,your not seriously suggesting gallagher is as bad as chris brown,ashley ward and from further back paul mckinnon and normal bell

• Like 2

We really know how to pick them don’t we. Why on earth are we loaning, and paying for, players that are injured and won’t be able to play for 6+ weeks after joing the club? 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19578067.mowbray-not-concerned-injury-blackburn-rovers-signing/

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 9

11 hours ago, Silas said:

Hull haven't scored a goal in their last 5 matches. 

Hull haven't scored a goal in the last 4 matches against Rovers.

Rovers have kept a clean sheet in 4 of last 6 home games against Hull.

Pretty emphatic stats that all point to one thing being guaranteed to happen tomorrow.....🤔

You are right, think Hull are shite.

Expect Mowbray to produce one of his 'get out of jail' performances / results in front of Sky TV cameras that will have commentators / pundits drooling just what a 'terrific job Mowbray is doing under extreme circumstances'. 

Tonight is one of those licence to print money games and with Rovers at just about evens, I've banged on enough to make Christmas a bit more special this year. 

• Like 1

I think Butterworth could come in here. Can't envisage many changes. 4-2-3-1 with DB in the Dack role.

Kaminski

Nyambe
Lenihan
Ayala
Pickering

Travis
Rothwell

Dolan
Butterworth
Brereton Diaz

Gallagher

3 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We really know how to pick them don’t we. Why on earth are we loaning, and paying for, players that are injured and won’t be able to play for 6+ weeks after joing the club? 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19578067.mowbray-not-concerned-injury-blackburn-rovers-signing/

Send him back to Brighton..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

I think Butterworth could come in here. Can't envisage many changes. 4-2-3-1 with DB in the Dack role.

Kaminski

Nyambe
Lenihan
Ayala
Pickering

Travis
Rothwell

Dolan
Butterworth
Brereton Diaz

Gallagher

So not one of the summer loan signings. I think we need to start doing medicals before we sign players not afterwards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

Kaminski

Nyambe
Lenihan
Ayala
Pickering

Travis
Rothwell

Dolan
Butterworth
Brereton Diaz

Gallagher

Agree with that but the sooner Gallagher is left out the better!

57 minutes ago, rigger said:

So not one of the summer loan signings. I think we need to start doing medicals before we sign players not afterwards.

Yet rumour has it, that's the reason we didn't sign Maja. Who incidentally, all of us would have wanted here. Very odd behaviour from our club. Signing loads of players on loan is one thing (that I don't agree with), but signing other clubs players on loan, who are injured for a couple months, is taking it to a whole new level.

As for tonight, I think this will be another draw. I don't think our young lads know how to manage games out. Our manager certainly doesn't either.

• Like 3