BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (h) 14/9/2021

The first half was truly abject. And then the second half spell around the goals we were as good as I have seen us. Really fantastic. Butterworth and Khadra look something else. Great goal by BB. Dolan was on and off. Was really fun to watch all the wingers scare the crap out of them.

Defensively I'd say we half deserved the clean sheet. All the defence played well, particularly Ayala and Lenihan with great blocks and tackles. But our midfield was all over the place. If Hull had any shooting boots we would have conceded, probably multiple times....

Worried by Trav, just doesn't look at the races. And playing Rothwell alongside him (who worked his nuts off and had a good game) is great when we are counter attacking but we can't properly protect the defence as he is out of position so often.

Feels like it could be a fun but unpredictable few weeks with lots of attacking players thrown on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, El Tombro said:

The two subs turned this game. Credit for that.

Still, we were absolute garbage until that point. Rothwell and Dolan were the two shining lights throughout, and Ayala was rock solid, but other than that, the belief in the rest wasn't there at all. Bizarrely the subs spurned the entire team into action. Why does it take that course of action for that to happen? Is it just normal human nature? Or am I missing something? On paper, we should have pasted this lot before we sprang into action. Strange feeling...

Difficult one that.  When subs came on intensity and speed increased, was that the subs or was it a reaction from the team?  Don’t really know.  Bit of both I guess.

• Backroom

A completely woeful 50 minutes followed by a let off then a brilliant 20 after the subs in which we won the game then the game petered out which suited us.

The subs getting involved with high intensity from the off set the tone.

Dolan not giving up on a lost cause won a corner then what a header by Ayala.

Buckley in particular isn’t earning a role at present he’s been really poor, funnily enough until his goal I thought Diaz was having a shocker but what a goal that is.

Ayala makes the rest of the defence better for his presence.

Both full backs impressed I’m amazed that some don’t rate Nyambe he’s a machine.

Great 3 points in the end, job done, glad to see Tony change it early and not over complicate it with a decision that paid off! 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Doesn't mean much?...when was the last time we had less than 9,000 home fans for a league game at Ewood?

Very sad.

Probably a midweek game to Hull in 90/91

If that crowd figure doesn't set some alarm bells ringing it really should. Another low under this ownership, how many more to come ?

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Thought Diaz was woeful.

Anyone else see Mowbray storm off down the tunnel straight after shaking hands with Hulls manager.

Mowbray probably annoyed that his team were booed off at HT by some home fans, although they

fully deserved it after a shocking performance in the first half, i'll bet he got an ear full from the fans around the 

bench too.

• Like 1

Good result in the end after a shockingly bad first half, don't condone booing at half time but not surprising. It was always going to happen this season and if Mowbray has thrown a strop tough shit. His free ride is over so he better get used to it.

As for the subs he got it bang on i said Saturday sometimes they work sometimes they don't. That's the life of an average team and manager. The starting line ups and tactics continue to cause us our own problems though.

Spirit of the side is still great though they know when they aren't producing and can step it up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Very surprised, Rothwell absolutely incredible tonight.

He had one very good half, Lenihan had a good game. Would have gone with Pickering or Ayala myself.

At least Mowbray doesn't sub Rothwell at the earliest opportunity but it doesn't look likely that he'll sign an extension. Sad if he leaves for peanuts in Jan, or nothing come next summer.

• Like 1

Forgettable game but decent result. Khadra looked very bright. Can’t complain with the start to the season. Need to keep this back 4 fit. Brereton had a shocking game but got the goal, almost Armstrong-esque.

Attendance was concerning, we must have the emptiest stadium in the football league. Very sad. There needs to be a radical re-think.

As much as I criticised Mowbray on Saturday for costing us points tonight his changes brought about the win in my view. The game was pitiful up to the changes with no real tempo or any sort of intensity. Khedra did more postive play in his first two minutes than many had in the previous fifty. Butterworth filled the gaps behind Brereton nicely and could have had a couple of goals himself. Three points is always the aim so it's mission accomplished tonight.

Without taking too much gloss off a win though Hull were abysmal and I fear they will be in a massive fight to stay up.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Tom said:

A completely woeful 50 minutes followed by a let off then a brilliant 20 after the subs in which we won the game then the game petered out which suited us.

Buckley in particular isn’t earning a role at present he’s been really poor, funnily enough until his goal I thought Diaz was having a shocker but what a goal that is.

Both full backs impressed I’m amazed that some don’t rate Nyambe he’s a machine.

Great 3 points in the end, job done, glad to see Tony change it early and not over complicate it with a decision that paid off! 

I agree with all of this bar the Buckley comment. He didn't turn up today but he was one of our better players on Saturday. We lost control of the game when he went off. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

I agree with all of this bar the Buckley comment. He didn't turn up today but he was one of our better players on Saturday. We lost control of the game when he went off. 

I agree with this, Buckley was asked to play a ridiculous role far out on the right in a 4231 today. He's obviously a central player. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Forgettable game but decent result. Khadra looked very bright. Can’t complain with the start to the season. Need to keep this back 4 fit. Brereton had a shocking game but got the goal, almost Armstrong-esque.

Attendance was concerning, we must have the emptiest stadium in the football league. Very sad. There needs to be a radical re-think.

you only need to look at our c.e.o to know why home crowds are so low,our away following is  healthy

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Heartbreaking but we have folk running the club who are totally clueless to the local area and the general feeling within the Town.

A new low indeed tomphil.

• Like 4

Didn’t watch the game, but just feeling a bit frustrated looking at the table.

We could be sitting in 3rd right now if we hadn’t dropped those 2 points at Luton.

It’s been a great start to the season and we now have 3 more winnable games coming up. Can we keep up this form?

• Like 1

On 13/09/2021 at 21:07, JoeH said:

Unchanged team. 2-1 win. Hull simply not good enough. Will give them one in my prediction because Lewis-Potter has some individual talent and I rate him.

Well not bang on. Thought they'd grab one and they didn't. Could see Wilks and KLP their only outlet. Going to be a long year for Mr Smallwood and his team. 

5 minutes ago, El Tombro said:

Not sure about this feel food factor, even if modest, because I feel like we've papered over the cracks and nothing more. It feels inevitable that the supporters within Ewood will turn on Mowbray at the earliest opportunity and that will certainly come sooner rather than later. Might sound odd for me to state this after a home win and a clean sheet, but I think Mowbray is out of ideas, out of players, and out of time (two of those three have arguably been there for at least a season or two). The only question is not when but if Venkys pull the trigger. It feels like a ticking time bomb that should have detonated years ago but one that's got stuck.

Sort of feel similar. My feel good factor at the moment is that i'm starting to think there's worse teams then us and built 7 points on relegation. That's as far as I can get excited by.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tom said:

Brereton was completely isolated upfront before the subs were made. The Hull manager worked out after 20 mins that we didn't have the ability to get in behind them so pushed his defensive line up and started bossing the game. 

Butterworth and Khadra brought energy, skill and pace to the team. Both linked up well with Brereton who came alive with support. Buckley is a better player than Clarkson for mine - asking him to play as a AMR is silly, he doesn't have the pace for it. 

• Like 3