BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (h) 14/9/2021

Credit where it's due, the manager cost us two points with his substitutions on Saturday but his changes transformed the game tonight and breathed new enthusiasm into the rest of the side for long enough for us to secure the three points.

Butterworth looks an absolute gem, how's he not been starting? Very good from Khedra too, you'd think they would both have to start Saturday or they would under a normal manager.

Healthy start but papering over the cracks is also how I'd view it at the moment. These early points could be invaluable come the end of the season.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Probably a midweek game to Hull in 90/91

If that crowd figure doesn't set some alarm bells ringing it really should. Another low under this ownership, how many more to come ?

Lincoln City had just short of 1k fewer. Notts County had over 5k v Wealdstone. 

Not knocking the ones that attended but our gates this season depending on how we do are going to be embarrassing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Heartbreaking but we have folk running the club who are totally clueless to the local area and the general feeling within the Town.

A new low indeed tomphil.

The majority of those running it just won't really care that's the real issue. They still get their wages and less hassle running things with less demand. They just look around and think damn the takings will be crap tonight, oh well there'll be a big away following soon.

Meanwhile fans and others look around and say how the hell has it come to this again. We've regressed 30 years and its cost 200 million quid to get here but the chickens are truly coming home to roost now. A decade of nonsense and mismanagement and bull shitting managers has resulted in permanent damage now.

More is the pity because this young side deserves and needs as much support as possible even if the other characters don't.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Mercer said:

You are right, think Hull are shite.

Expect Mowbray to produce one of his 'get out of jail' performances / results in front of Sky TV cameras that will have commentators / pundits drooling just what a 'terrific job Mowbray is doing under extreme circumstances'. 

Tonight is one of those licence to print money games and with Rovers at just about evens, I've banged on enough to make Christmas a bit more special this year. 

Well done, must admit at half time I thought you had been donating money to the bookies with your customary largesse.

I was going to volunteer to bring you a food parcel round on Christmas Day!

😉

• Like 1

Delighted with the win and clean sheet. 

Mowbray his starting 11 wrong. Bickley shouldn't be playing as right side of front 3. Should be middle with Rothwell and Travis. 

Mowbray was quick to make the subs we need. Both attacking and added pace to the game. Fans got a lift from the subs cos they attacking players and positive changes. 

Agala's header was good and Brereton took his goal well. 

7th in league after 7 games. Would many have predict that but we have a young side that learning game by game. Looking forward to the Barnsley game. Come on Rovers let's make it back to back wins 🔵

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, El Tombro said:

Not sure about this feel food factor, even if modest, because I feel like we've papered over the cracks and nothing more. It feels inevitable that the supporters within Ewood will turn on Mowbray at the earliest opportunity and that will certainly come sooner rather than later. Might sound odd for me to state this after a home win and a clean sheet, but I think Mowbray is out of ideas, out of players, and out of time (two of those three have arguably been there for at least a season or two). The only question is not when but if Venkys pull the trigger. It feels like a ticking time bomb that should have detonated years ago but one that's got stuck.

You reckon? I’m not sensing even the smallest of groundswells against TM.

Safe as houses with the Ewood crowd.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Thought Diaz was woeful.

Anyone else see Mowbray storm off down the tunnel straight after shaking hands with Hulls manager.

Aside from his goal - which was very well taken - he was a liability. Constantly fails to control the ball and hands back possession. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Brereton delivered. 4 goals in 7 games. Look good up front tonight. Was my MOTM. 

Not with you on this one chaddy, I don’t feel confident when Ben is running with the ball towards goal that he has a clue what he is going to do. Gives the ball away and falls about too easily for me . Well taken goal but I still put him behind gallagher up top, and neither are up to much 

Butterworth and Khedra a breath of fresh air and a real threat from the moment they came on. Mowbray needs to start these guys and leave donkeys like Gallagher on the bench or even out of the squad. Tonight we were 2 nil up and once again we started to drop off inviting Hull to pressure us. That's down to Mowbray. He's conservative with a very large "C" and when we should be pressing forward to make it 4 or 5 nil we run the risk of giving the game back to the opposition. Better sides will capitalise on that. On another note Smallwood worked within a 20 yard circle all night showing how limited he is at this level. Influenced nothing in the game at all. No loss to Rovers when he left

1st half was the most impotent lack lustre fucking worse than ever lack of effort by a Rovers team over many years it even beats the loss to Huddersfield many years ago on New Year’s Day 🤬 Mowbray set the wrong formation wrong players and must take the blame as on the pitch mirrored his personality. In the second half width and stealth was introduced and hey presto 2 goals come along against a very average hull side we were so comfortable it was almost a given that we would do the best to allow them back into the game. Three points bagged and we move on. I think Mowbray has now got to think long and hard about the 11 players he selects for Barnsley 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Strange game. 

Hull dominated from start to finish apart from a 15 minute spell when we scored 2 goals

If we're honest 7th place flatters us 

If you'd said "dominated possession" I'd agree but they had no end product. Will go down unless they up their game

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

1st half was the most impotent lack lustre fucking worse than ever lack of effort by a Rovers team over many years it even beats the loss to Huddersfield many years ago on New Year’s Day 🤬 Mowbray set the wrong formation wrong players and must take the blame as on the pitch mirrored his personality. In the second half width and stealth was introduced and hey presto 2 goals come along against a very average hull side we were so comfortable it was almost a given that we would do the best to allow them back into the game. Three points bagged and we move on. I think Mowbray has now got to think long and hard about the 11 players he selects for Barnsley 

He's just hoping Gallagher will be fit!

4 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Not with you on this one chaddy, I don’t feel confident when Ben is running with the ball towards goal that he has a clue what he is going to do. Gives the ball away and falls about too easily for me . Well taken goal but I still put him behind gallagher up top, and neither are up to much 

You did see Gallagher on Saturday then?

I thought BB was very poor tonight his goal apart but he was still nowhere near as bad as Gallagher imo.

More than ever, we need our hard-core fans to just reign-in the half-time booing. One minute you are praising the young squad, applauding Dolan etc, the next you are booing those very same players, without the 1st clue that it might dent their fragile confidence. Surely give them 10 games before you let your own depression and home life seep out in the form of booing and cat-calling of the youngest team in the division. 

Before you start, I'm as frustrated as anyone by Mowbray's generally negative tactics, and brainless substitutions etc etc, but I have never booed us off at half time, it's pointless and counter-productive, and many of us on here still do it. 

Please give it a quarter of a season before the bile is released. And if you don't agree with booing, challenge it, I do. 

• Like 1

Bad first half. Confused formation and lacked any real shape in midfield and up front. 

Thank god Brereton gave us a single Diaz moment, because that fantastic strike aside he was dreadful tonight. He can’t play centrallly, particularly on his own. Always happier moving away from goal without the ball, too much dropping to look to get it into feet then turn and run. He’s a wide forward.

The changes were spot on tonight - credit where it’s due, mirror opposite from Saturday, Mowbray got it right this time. We immediately looked better organised and players seemed more comfortable in their roles. Without a focal point up top we should never have started with the 4-3-3.

Back 4 we’re very solid. Special praise for Lenihan who I thought was exceptional in his defensive work tonight.

Butterworth was superb. Looks like he just needs minutes and a goal, we’ll have a very tidy player on our hands then. Could fill the hole left by Dack very nicely for now.

• Like 1