BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (h) 14/9/2021

Missed the first half, which seems a blessing. I like how Ayala at corners has little Dolan right in front of him and pushes him into DA’s marker - gave him the space for his excellent header. Diaz’s goal looked good but most teams won’t let him take four touches before shooting.

Infuriating last few minutes when both Diaz and Rothwell lost the ball in midfield trying to dribble and both times Hull were able to run with the ball at our centre halves - lucky nothing came of those.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You did see Gallagher on Saturday then?

I thought BB was very poor tonight his goal apart but he was still nowhere near as bad as Gallagher imo.

Not judging gallagher on one game, same as brereton. Both need to vastly improve , brereton gets an easier ride from fans for some reason 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Not with you on this one chaddy, I don’t feel confident when Ben is running with the ball towards goal that he has a clue what he is going to do. Gives the ball away and falls about too easily for me . Well taken goal but I still put him behind gallagher up top, and neither are up to much 

Brereton much better up there tonight. Played well. Gallagher was poor on Saturday and is injured for couple of weeks. 

3 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Open your eyes man. Aside from him goal, Brereton was absolutely dreadful.

Well my opinion is very different and I would play there again on Saturday. 

36 minutes ago, Miker said:

Didn’t watch the game, but just feeling a bit frustrated looking at the table.

We could be sitting in 3rd right now if we hadn’t dropped those 2 points at Luton.

It’s been a great start to the season and we now have 3 more winnable games coming up. Can we keep up this form?

I get the sentiment but the league table doesn't really matter much 7 games in. If we were sat 3rd right now it's still highly likely we'll be nowhere near that come May 2022.

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Not judging gallagher on one game, same as brereton. Both need to vastly improve , brereton gets an easier ride from fans for some reason 

Because although they both still  have plenty to prove BB does have some glimpses of talent imo. His main problem for me at the moment is staying on his feet instead of trying to go down at the slightest touch all the time.

Gallagher on the other hand has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. No striker's instinct, 6ft 5 and jumps 5 ft 8,  no technical ability - nothing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Butterworth was superb. Looks like he just needs minutes and a goal, we’ll have a very tidy player on our hands then. Could fill the hole left by Dack very nicely for now.

Butterworth has a lot of Dack about him. Just the way they both receive the ball on the half turn and use their bodies. 

I think those two in the same side will be deadly.

5 minutes ago, El Tombro said:

I'm not there in person but I'm told there were boos after the Luton game and boos at half time tonight, and we weren't losing on either occasion. Those two moments in games coincide with grabbing another beer from the fridge so I'm never there to hear it. As a former Riversider (rug-and-flasker), I also do this a minute before the whistle in case there's a queue at the fridge.

Yes, there were a few boos, often is at grounds when a team puts in a poor half, but that isn’t translating to any particular issue with TM.

I’d be surprised if anybody on here that has been a regular at Ewood this season is sensing a crowd on the verge of turning.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Yes, there were a few boos, often is at grounds when a team puts in a poor half, but that isn’t translating to any particular issue with TM.

I’d be surprised if anybody on here that has been a regular at Ewood this season is sensing a crowd on the verge of turning.

Funnily enough a few boo’s from N01, the same section that were singing ‘Tony Mowbrays blue and white army’ after the goals

There isn’t even a hint of unrest other than the odd ‘sort it out Tony’ when we aren’t winning 

• Like 1

Important win against a woeful Hull side. 75 minutes of shite, especially the first 45, but 15 minutes in which we won the game looking a totally different team.

Brereton showed tonight why he doesnt play centrally, his general performance was hopeless aside from a superb goal. Buckley and Clarkson are both pointless players that dont do really anything and should both be dropped. Rothwell was really poor in the first half and came to life in the second, hes being played too deep, and Travis was ok. Dolan was as poor tonight as he was good on Saturday. The 2 subs were excellent, I like the look of Khadra although he doesnt like running back too much. The back 4 were very good especially the middle 2, good to get that clean sheet at last.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
15 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

That reason is that he’s better at football, would be my guess….

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Buckley and Clarkson are both pointless players that don't do really anything and should both be dropped.

I mean, there's just no sense in this take at all. Playing a technical central-midfielder who excels in passing and interceptions as a winger/wide forward and then claiming he's a pointless player when it doesn't work is really harsh.

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

He was woeful

I thought Breo played better at the weekend than he did tonight. Goals seem to completely change people's opinions of a performance. Much like the ratings given to our players following a late Luton equaliser, which I estimate would've been at least 0.5 higher per player if they hadn't have nicked one.

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I mean, there's just no sense in this take at all. Playing a technical central-midfielder who excels in passing and interceptions as a winger/wide forward and then claiming he's a pointless player when it doesn't work is really harsh.

Joe, both were anonymous and Hulls midfield looked to be bossing the game in the first half. These 2 looked lost.  Soon as Butterworth came on he's everything Buckley isn't. Powerful, aggressive,  direct and the type of player who makes a difference.   Hull ate Buckley and Clarkson for breakfast 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

More than ever, we need our hard-core fans to just reign-in the half-time booing. One minute you are praising the young squad, applauding Dolan etc, the next you are booing those very same players, without the 1st clue that it might dent their fragile confidence. Surely give them 10 games before you let your own depression and home life seep out in the form of booing and cat-calling of the youngest team in the division. 

Before you start, I'm as frustrated as anyone by Mowbray's generally negative tactics, and brainless substitutions etc etc, but I have never booed us off at half time, it's pointless and counter-productive, and many of us on here still do it. 

Please give it a quarter of a season before the bile is released. And if you don't agree with booing, challenge it, I do. 

Some dimwits don't possess the patience.... We are back in the Saxton and Don mackay days and I had a lot of time for both managers. 

Sadly, today's football supporters just want instant positive results. Not going to happen but many on here despite their age think different. 

We are doing OK as of now... Just one defeat. Back the lads on the pitch. 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
7 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Difference of opinion, I know who I would rather play against if I were a defender 

Maybe, but I’d rather play against the one less likely to score a goal, which is Sam Gallagher.

• Like 1

Breo can continue to play crap as long as he keeps scoring and digging out goals of his own like tonight. Rhodes did similar and Armstrong although always a threat with his pace had regular stinkers, still scored though.

Main thing with BB is keep him in his best position and keep looking to get him going towards goal.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, El Tombro said:

Disagree with your entire opinion of Buckley because he'll be a good 'un for us in time, but Clarkson has been eaten for breakfast on the two occasions I've seen him.

Agreed. Buckley is at his best centrally in a deep midfield role, receiving the ball from defence with the game in front of him. He can spray his passes around from there and pull the strings. I would personally pair him with Travis and allow Rothwell to play higher, but also centrally. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Important win against a woeful Hull side. 75 minutes of shite, especially the first 45, but 15 minutes in which we won the game looking a totally different team.

Brereton showed tonight why he doesnt play centrally, his general performance was hopeless aside from a superb goal. Buckley and Clarkson are both pointless players that dont do really anything and should both be dropped. Rothwell was really poor in the first half and came to life in the second, hes being played too deep, and Travis was ok. Dolan was as poor tonight as he was good on Saturday. The 2 subs were excellent, I like the look of Khadra although he doesnt like running back too much. The back 4 were very good especially the middle 2, good to get that clean sheet at last.

Disagree on Dolan completely, you really appear to have it in for him, constantly saying he isn't up to first team standard and highlighting the penalty incident on Saturday.

I'd say he's been one of our players of the season thus far along with Ayala and thought he was our only bright spark tonight as well before the 2 subs came on.

• Like 9