BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (h) 14/9/2021

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Brereton much better up there tonight. Played well.

Brereton did not play well

He gave the ball away more often than not, passed to an opposition player most of the time, got knocked off the ball too easily, still can't play with his back to goal and his first touch is awful

Good goal but it came in a sea of mediocrity

4/10

• Like 4

And there you have it. The good the bad and the ugly supporting rovers. Diabolical in the first half playing against a really poor team. 

For all the (well deserved) abuse he gets credit to TM in the second half. His subs changed the game. Butterworth and khedra changed the game. 

Total opposite from Saturday, imagine had we bagged the 3 points then. We would be sitting 3rd in the table. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Disagree on Dolan completely, you really appear to have it in for him, constantly saying he isn't up to first team standard and highlighting the penalty incident on Saturday.

I'd say he's been one of our players of the season thus far along with Ayala and thought he was our only bright spark tonight as well before the 2 subs came on.

I also said that he was the man of the match on Saturday too and played excellently.

9 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

And there you have it. The good the bad and the ugly supporting rovers. Diabolical in the first half playing against a really poor team. 

For all the (well deserved) abuse he gets credit to TM in the second half. His subs changed the game. Butterworth and khedra changed the game. 

Total opposite from Saturday, imagine had we bagged the 3 points then. We would be sitting 3rd in the table. 

Does that mean Butterworth will start the next game?

54 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I get the sentiment but the league table doesn't really matter much 7 games in. If we were sat 3rd right now it's still highly likely we'll be nowhere near that come May 2022.

And if we did miraculously get promotion TM would absolutely shit himself.

Really happy ( and surprised ) with the points haul so far this season -  despite not being particularly convincing in any match.

I just hope Mowbray doesn't jump on a plane to Pune during the next international break - he'll probably bag himself a new 3 year deal on the strength of it.

• Like 1

Excellent win tonight against dreadful opposition. Sets us up nicely for the tricky away game at Barnsley.

Considering who we are missing, I actually think we have an excellent squad. If only we had a new manager (I was a supporter of TM until last season's deathspiral debacle, but he's clearly gone stale and needs to go), then I think we could have a real good go this year.

Outside of Bournemouth, fulham and wba there is alot of dross around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Oh give over. Wherever he supposedly plays Butterworth is a class above him. Buckley should not be starting

If we're playing 4231 in central midfield we need two from Travis, Rothwell, Buckley, Clarkson, Davenport, Johnson (out injured). Butterworth is going to play across the attacking line so I don't really see him and Buckley competing for the same role.

I would rotate Travis, Rothwell and Buckley as the starters in CM personally. 

In the front four I would rotate Diaz, Butterworth, Dolan, Khedra, Poveda.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Also, well done the manager. Set the team up well (apart from playing our best footballer, Buckley out of position)…made the correct decision on subs and positively effected the game. Credit where it’s due.

Best footballer? And the team was imbalanced, Clarkson also looked lost further forward. He did not set the team up well, the first half was rancid.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Best footballer? And the team was imbalanced, Clarkson also looked lost further forward. He did not set the team up well, the first half was rancid.

Agree. First half we were disjointed and all over the place at times. Though the subs changed the game and we dominated second half. Total opposite of Saturday

• Like 1

1 hour ago, garnersfags said:

More than ever, we need our hard-core fans to just reign-in the half-time booing. One minute you are praising the young squad, applauding Dolan etc, the next you are booing those very same players, without the 1st clue that it might dent their fragile confidence. Surely give them 10 games before you let your own depression and home life seep out in the form of booing and cat-calling of the youngest team in the division. 

Before you start, I'm as frustrated as anyone by Mowbray's generally negative tactics, and brainless substitutions etc etc, but I have never booed us off at half time, it's pointless and counter-productive, and many of us on here still do it. 

Please give it a quarter of a season before the bile is released. And if you don't agree with booing, challenge it, I do. 

We have given them over ten seasons. never mind a quarter of one. They diserve to be booed off if they are playing crap.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Also, well done the manager. Set the team up well (apart from playing our best footballer, Buckley out of position)…made the correct decision on subs and positively effected the game. Credit where it’s due.

You spelt Joe Rothwell wrong. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Gallagher obviously.  Useless with the touch of an elephant.

I'd have thought so as well. When Brereton is on song at least he can turn and run at you with the ball and be a real threat.

Gallagher just plays in front of you, has no real pace, guile, trickery or technique and is weak as a kitten for his size.

Must be meat and drink for any centre half.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Buckley and Clarkson are both pointless players that dont do really anything and should both be dropped. Rothwell was really poor in the first half and came to life in the second, hes being played too deep, and Travis was ok. Dolan was as poor tonight as he was good on Saturday. The 2 subs were excellent, I like the look of Khadra although he doesnt like running back too much. The back 4 were very good especially the middle 2, good to get that clean sheet at last.

Buckley played out of position in a role that not suited to him. Don't know what of Clarkson so far or the role he Will play here. 

Thought Dolan had a good game, 2 good 1st half shots. Use his tricky. 

Bringing on Butterworth and Khadra changeb the game 

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Yes, there were a few boos, often is at grounds when a team puts in a poor half, but that isn’t translating to any particular issue with TM.

I’d be surprised if anybody on here that has been a regular at Ewood this season is sensing a crowd on the verge of turning.

I've been all home league games this season and not sense ill feeling towards Mowbray or the players at home. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

If we're playing 4231 in central midfield we need two from Travis, Rothwell, Buckley, Clarkson, Davenport, Johnson (out injured). Butterworth is going to play across the attacking line so I don't really see him and Buckley competing for the same role.

I would rotate Travis, Rothwell and Buckley as the starters in CM personally. 

In the front four I would rotate Diaz, Butterworth, Dolan, Khedra, Poveda.

💯…you got it! Weird that people are comparing Buckley and Butterworth when they’re clearly very different players.

I would add Gally and Dack into that front four mix meaning we have 7 for 4 positions. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Brereton did not play well

He gave the ball away more often than not, passed to an opposition player most of the time, got knocked off the ball too easily, still can't play with his back to goal and his first touch is awful

Good goal but it came in a sea of mediocrity

4/10

Yes exactly. Bar the goal, it was almost like he's trying to play like Gally. Poor touch, constantly losing the ball in dangerous positions.

Brereton was isolated all first half. People forget how many times the same happened with Armstrong last season, but as with Armstrong he still managed a goal. Loomed better when he had some half decent support second half. Never gonna have the strength o  the ball or hold up play of Lukaku I'm afraid but use him correctly and he'll score goals as well as lay on many assists.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, islander200 said:

Not one redeeming feature,he can pick a pass as good as anyone in our squad.

I will readily agree he needs to start doing more in games but he is a young lad trying to stake his claim his spot and he does have some talent.Last Saturday he was decent enough.Tonight steady in possession and won a few tackles but didn't do enough to get himself into the game and obviously the changes were correct.

Butterworth looked fantastic 

Jesus I give up. Steady in possession and won a few tackles? He was anonymous, like very bad. Forgive me for thinking we don't have time for allowing him to learn on the job at the expense of the team. How many chances are we going to give him only for him to fail to produce time and time again?

Appears my comments before the game were spot on, you took exception to them, ask yourself why I was right? Because it's the norm and predictable, hooked after 53 minutes after a nothing display yet again. Seem most of this board have realised he isn't up to it at present. Don't just blindly back him to save face man.

Edited by BigBar