BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Barnsley (a) 18/9/21

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Mowbray is trying his best against a backdrop of incompetence, bad advice and no budget.

1600 away at Barnsley with no chance of promotion is a superb effort, I salute everyone of us.

Venkys Out.

Mowbray has had a budget to spend each season and including this one. Yes the wage bill has been cut and We sold our star striker but that has to been done for a few seasons including FFP rules to meet, bring through younger players and rebuild the squad. 

There is always a chance of promotion Gav, if you don't want to believe fine but I see a team that is together and strong team spirit. Yes we might lack a quality striker but we can sign one in January. Now I not saying we will make top 6 but I not writing off our chances yet Gav. 

The Rovers fans were excellent today. We created a great atmosphere there, Their fans were very quiet 

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

To me he looked like he was up alongside Brereton for long stretches. Butterworth or Khadra pace there would have made.more sense to me as there was quite a lot of space on behind Barnsley.

Clarkson push up when we want to close down there but then drop into the 10 role. I'm not convince what Clarkson's role within the team should be at the minute. 

I would have left Dolan on with his pace or bring on Butterworth instead of Clarkson. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, matt83 said:

One thing I genuinely wonder (worry) about is we have a mid table attendance, presumably a mid table revenue that goes with it, mid table players, mid table manger, no proper executives, yet we lose £20 million every season whereas our counterparts dont. Where the F does it all go? Why aren’t we at least breaking even with a squad that’s got a significant amount of academy players. 

Mowbray tends to extend contracts of players who aren’t good enough or surplus to requirement, the squad has always been too big yet simultaneously lacking, one has to assume those that are good enough are being paid far more than our mid table rivals. But a £20 million loss a year, how.

This shambles is on the manager, but like every other manager he’ll waste money that isn’t his, but why the owners allow this is beyond me. Rather than simply being grateful they sign a cheque every season let’s try and run the club properly like a proper business. 

Mid-table attendance? How many other clubs in the league have sub 10k crowds with 20k empty seats each week..?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gav said:

You're original point was Mowbray has had a decent budget to spend, I said he hasn't since 2019, you don't get promoted from this league without buying decent players.

What you actually mean is he's been able to pay wages, well who hasn't? But those wages are poor and the reason why we signed nobody in the summer of note.

We are a mid table championship side, have the budget of a mid table championship side and will end up mid table.

Venkys Out.

I agree Gav but the only way a mid championship side gets out of this league is by having a visionary manager. : see dyche as an example. He is a run of the mill championship manager/league one. He will never be any more. That’s not a failing but a fact and not due to Venkies but down to ability. So while like everyone I agree Venkies  are the problem that does not excuse him. 
I don’t think he’s the worst we’ve had but he has run his course and will take us no further. That is not only a football thing but happens in every industry. For every excuse there’s an explanation to you make one I’ll explain it. He’s not good enough and Venkies or not he’s proved that previously his mistakes are repetitive due to his limitations.

• Like 6

Extreme lack of quality when we got into the final 3rd today, so many poor passes, crosses , wrong decisions. Frustrating.

actually thought we were lucky to get a point, Barnsley didn’t finish chances they had that I’d expect them to score. Sooner or later these games we are sneaking something will come crashing down. We may be good points wise but not performances 

Dolan is a funny one, I can’t decide if I like him or not. Does some things well then seems to mess it up right at the end a lot of the time, much like Buckley I’m still unconvinced.

I thought Pickering was good today and seems to be finding his feet now.

Didn't make todays game but what i can fathom from the comments and games I've seen up to now is Ayala has been immense and we are really lacking a ruthless finisher upfront. Ayala gets injured and the goals start going in at our end,  we are in trouble. Equally if we can find a striker to score us some goals or one we have comes good and Ayala stays fit, with my blue and white glasses on and glass half full of very strong lager , it could make for an interesting season. I still expect a death spiral and injuries but the league is as weak as we could ever hope and its the hope that kills you. Taking my new misses to Blackpool for the weekend for her first game so a couple of wins or a win and draw over the next two games could make a very noisy fun weekend for all us blue and white sadists. Up the Rovers 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Mid-table attendance? How many other clubs in the league have sub 10k crowds with 20k empty seats each week..?

True. This season we’ll be probably the worst supported club in the division. But in past seasons 14k ish we’re probably lower mid table in terms of the average.

25 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Extreme lack of quality when we got into the final 3rd today, so many poor passes, crosses , wrong decisions. Frustrating.

actually thought we were lucky to get a point, Barnsley didn’t finish chances they had that I’d expect them to score. Sooner or later these games we are sneaking something will come crashing down. We may be good points wise but not performances 

Dolan is a funny one, I can’t decide if I like him or not. Does some things well then seems to mess it up right at the end a lot of the time, much like Buckley I’m still unconvinced.

I thought Pickering was good today and seems to be finding his feet now.

Both teams lacked quality in the final game. We have 2 great chances and they had 3 very good chances. 

Lenihan and Ayala kept Woodrow very quiet today. 

I'm big fan of Dolan and Buckley. Thought he was very good defensive Buckley today. 

If Brereton final ball had been better 1st half then Dolan would have had a tap up. 

36 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

How many other teams in this league are situated in one of the most economically deprived areas in the country . Have a catchment population of a maximum of 140000 with large sections of that population supporting Liverpool or Man Utd.  Yet our senior management after a Covid epidemic decide to hike up prices again and charge extra for entrance on the day.

We can never be criticised for our support or as a club our achievements. To use the adage we are lions led by donkeys. 
To complete this Jack built a stadium to match his dreams so don’t use the 20000 empty seat ms as a stick to beat us . If those in charge had lived up to the dream it would have been a success 

Have I used it as a stick to beat us with?

I was contesting the point that our attendances are mid-table. They are objectively very low in comparison to the rest of the league, if not the lowest.

The reasons behind the attendances are a different issue. 

6 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Out of interest I looked up this season. Fucking embarrassing: 

B6D77C30-01E8-462F-A174-8F329DFBE96A.thumb.png.2c5534440486bd646e8aa4bf9e22efe0.png

Thats including a bumper post covid opening day home crowd, wba who brought 2,500, a game where gave shed loads of tickets free to kids and as always counting absentee season ticket holders. Pathetic. 

Those teams below us are all limited by stadium capacity, we are certainly not..

Just got home, could of gone either way I guess another clean sheet and point away will do.

Kaminski, Nyambe & Ayala brilliant. Once Khadra is fit he will be starting every game I hope.

Our fans were really good today, great atmosphere in our end all game. (Apart from the ones fighting each other first half)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, matt83 said:

Out of interest I looked up this season. Fucking embarrassing: 

B6D77C30-01E8-462F-A174-8F329DFBE96A.thumb.png.2c5534440486bd646e8aa4bf9e22efe0.png

Thats including a bumper post covid opening day home crowd, wba who brought 2,500, a game where gave shed loads of tickets free to kids and as always counting absentee season ticket holders. Pathetic. 

It's almost like the heart and soul has been ripped out of the club and after 10 years people have given up, huh?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's almost like the heart and soul has been ripped out of the club and after 10 years people have given up, huh?

After 10 years and an unscrupulous CEO trying to milk one of the poorest towns in the country, that is.

• Like 2

I don't know how much we are paying Poveda, but on todays performance, it is too much. It looked like he was running in treacle. So slow and with poor distribution. I am sure Chapman would have done better. These comment come at the end of a shit day. Poor game,train delayed, last bus didn't turn up. I hope things look better tomorrow

Edited by rigger

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

The more I think about how Butterworth didn't even get on the pitch, the more pissed off I get. I mean what kind of message does it put out to our youngsters that you can be scintillating on Tuesday but not even get off the bench on Saturday? Instead, the lad you replaced on the Tuesday, who we don't own and has done nothing so far, comes on instead of you!

Its exactly the kind of piss poor man management ToMo has used all along.  It is how he de.motivates his players.  play well get dropped play crap stay in.  He has done it iver and over, Nyambe, Rothwell, Travis early days.  Get shut now I've had me fill of him.  He is takin the piss now, showing just how much he can get away with.  Proper owners would be askin some proper questions about why he does what he does regarding team selection.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Found Clarksons substitution very frustrating. 

The lad is a centre mid who mowbray has taken to playing as a 10. He's shown next to nothing in his other 4 appearances. We also had 3 other centre mids on the pitch at the time. 

Butterworth changed the game vs Hull but didn't get a look in today despite our bluntness.

Clarkson proceed to put in another sub par performance showing no indication of why he is being picked. And he side footed a great chance right at the keeper at the end to win it.

Makes you wonder what we agree to when we take on these young loanees. Have we agreed to play them for a guaranteed number of games? Seems pointless to me when we have our own youngsters who are equally as good if not better.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Butterworth changed the game vs Hull but didn't get a look in today despite our bluntness.

Absolutely beggars belief doesn't it.  What does this do to a young man's confidence?  He probably did something Slowbary did not like, something like being too positive.  One of two who impacted the game vs Hull, ours does not get a look but the loanee does.  He continues to wreck this team through ignorant handling of players.

Seemed to me.based on the way.the game was going, what we were lacking, how Barnsley were playing, this lad was exactly what we needed.  Put yourself in Butty's boots what would be going through your mind.  If only we had owners that understood this game.  Williams and Co would have bouced this joker long ago.  With these idiots in charge he is likely to get a new contract.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Noticeable the 3 loanees got a run out today and our own player Butterworth didn't. Must be very dispiriting for him after doing well on Tuesday.Another disappointing showing from Brereton up top. .

Mowbray out.

And very very infuriating if not crooked, is he getting brown bags?